Thank You For Showing Me Who I Am

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sidewalk_bends

Thank You For Showing Me Who I Am

Post by sidewalk_bends » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:15 pm

I am not perfect. I am far from it. In fact there are moments when I think everyone else is full of it except for me. There are times when I think my way is the right way, regardless if others' ways or methods get them to the same place or to the same conclusion. But who am I to say that? Who am I to judge that or to judge others? Cannot others show me a different way of understanding? Cannot others shine light on something previously left in the dark for me? I am no one really. I am just as everyone else is, trying to find out who I am and how I fit into the whole, and trying to find out who and what others are, and how they fit into the whole. Humility is a wonderful thing, if we allow for it.

Sometimes we can go through life thinking we are more superior than the next person, or more superior than other animals or creatures. Why should we think that though? Is it our egoes that drive us? Is it the fear that we may not actually know anything? Perhaps we don't know anything, and perhaps that is the purpose of this life...to experience it, not only for ourselves, but to experience it through our interaction and observation of others. If we did truly know everything there is to know, then why do we live this life? Is it to show others we already know? Who are we trying to prove ourselves to, if not ourselves?

Life is an interesting thing. Our beliefs cannot be forced on others. We can only share our views. Some will agree and others may not. It doesn't matter though does it, because in the end we all make our own choices, and we all live our own lives. Although we do live our own lives and although we are responsible for our own choices, we do have an afect on others, whether we want to or not. What may not affect us now, may affect us later, but we must all learn to go through life with an open heart and an open mind, because what we think we know to be the truth now, may be a pot full of lies? The truth is, I don't know.

To those who have had an affect on me, I thank you, for you have shown me who I am.

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:39 am

I had read this earlier and it bothers me that no one responded. I'm not sure why that is.. but it is what it is. It irks me :)

Anyway, I'm glad that you have crossed paths with whomever it is that has touched your life and it has been a thought provoking exercise.

May you have many more.. :)

Angelique

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:22 am

hello,
we hope to help anyone who needs us. maybe in whatever small way we can.
take care
swetha

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:46 pm

Using the tools of our own consciousness (visualization, meditation, affirmation) we can empower and balance our body, mind, spirit.  It would appear that taking some time to work on self is in order.  When we feel least empowered in our own right, is the time to work on seeing our own best good and potential.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:14 pm

Angelique wrote:I had read this earlier and it bothers me that no one responded. I'm not sure why that is.. but it is what it is. It irks me :)

Anyway, I'm glad that you have crossed paths with whomever it is that has touched your life and it has been a thought provoking exercise.

May you have many more.. :)

Angelique
No worries Angelique. I never expect responses. They're just meant to provoke thought.

Sin City Girl

Post by Sin City Girl » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:19 am

spiritalk wrote:Using the tools of our own consciousness (visualization, meditation, affirmation) we can empower and balance our body, mind, spirit.  It would appear that taking some time to work on self is in order.  When we feel least empowered in our own right, is the time to work on seeing our own best good and potential.
Very good food for thought, Spiritalk.

Best Wishes, Sin City Girl

Return to “General Discussion”