Can Astrology help with Winning the Lottery?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

winged

Astrology for winning the lotto

Post by winged » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:07 am

I think that winning is just the luck of the draw and the draw is usually not in your favor.  I do not belive that we should even try using such a sacred system for such unimportant things.

Rohiniranjan

Re: Astrology for winning the lotto

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:34 am

[quote="winged"]I think that winning is just the luck of the draw and the draw is usually not in your favor.  I do not belive that we should even try using such a sacred system for such unimportant things.[/quote]

Dear Winged friend,

I fully agree with you in principle as far as sacredness goes.

However, given the reality of human experience -- it is okay to question sacredness of anything and to question and test!

When questioning is done passionately and from a point of 'innocence' just like any human child would from time to time, it is not an expression of defiance or disrespect, but GOD speaking through that child, through that question to prod the adult/parent/teacher to 'get off the cushion and 'walk' the talk, really!

It is okay to use divination to earn some money even under the pretext of testing! Those who will fail will go elsewhere (their loss!), but those who do WIN will probably probe further and may beome teachers with direct experience to share, eventually! :-)

I think that is what Professor BV Raman meant when he wrote repeatedly: THE PROOF OF THE PUDDING IS IN THE EATING!

I hope I am not coming across too antagonistic to your expressed viewpoint and perspective and offending you while expressing my viewpoint and perspective?

If I am, please forgive me...

Rohiniranjan

rozrokz

Post by rozrokz » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:40 am

When I started this thread, I was really hoping that someone out there has some way to show astrology as a means to try the luck in the lottery. As for Marcos, well, I understand that some people are just born with the gambler's luck. Looks like I have to work real ahrd like evrybody else  :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:11 am

[quote="rozrokz"]When I started this thread, I was really hoping that someone out there has some way to show astrology as a means to try the luck in the lottery. As for Marcos, well, I understand that some people are just born with the gambler's luck. Looks like I have to work real ahrd like evrybody else  :)[/quote]

Dear Poster,

I understand your point of view. It stems from what you have seen, read about and perhaps promised even as to what astrology is or can do!

Lottery is a lucrative business and a thriving one at that!

BUT thriving on what?

Once we figure that out, based on observation and examination and not wishes and desires -- we begin to see astrology/divination in a different light and begin to do so seriously!

RR

MarcoAZS

Post by MarcoAZS » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:42 pm

Hi, :)

Yes im a man, (isn't Marco an universal name for man? by the way) And yes that is my child face I have many many years, always had the same face and it have soft traces on it thats why its hard to see in the picture :)
As for luck, I think everybody have luck but some people channel on bad luck and recieve only bad luck, and those who channel on good luck, who really think they might win, will win, we all in this world have winnings and loses but there are those who will remember losing more than winning :) its just a question of viewsight.
For money isnt important, I think that soberbly wrong... why? cause if we are incarnated in this world, its from our part to take care of the body given to us with special care, and for an evolution we do have to be winners in all the meanings spiritually and materially both walking togheter, as our body doesnt finish its own material pleases it will not be able to proceed, but thats just how I think, my personal views :)
And money csan be used for good and helping, im from a lucky rich family and we always donated money cause we feel better sharing what people cant afford, and this helps people on their living right :)?  

edited: I asked my mom and she said I had jupiter and some 8 house thing I didnt really understand.. if that helps  :smt002

Lights and sights!
MarcoAZS

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:42 am

Any reason why you could not feel motivated to learn from your Mom, Astrology oh say for the next ten years or so :-)

Your words will have more impact since they will be fuelled by direct experiencing of life and its highs and lows!

Think about that ;-P

RR

[quote="MarcoAZS"]Hi, :)

Yes im a man, (isn't Marco an universal name for man? by the way) And yes that is my child face I have many many years, always had the same face and it have soft traces on it thats why its hard to see in the picture :)
As for luck, I think everybody have luck but some people channel on bad luck and recieve only bad luck, and those who channel on good luck, who really think they might win, will win, we all in this world have winnings and loses but there are those who will remember losing more than winning :) its just a question of viewsight.
For money isnt important, I think that soberbly wrong... why? cause if we are incarnated in this world, its from our part to take care of the body given to us with special care, and for an evolution we do have to be winners in all the meanings spiritually and materially both walking togheter, as our body doesnt finish its own material pleases it will not be able to proceed, but thats just how I think, my personal views :)
And money csan be used for good and helping, im from a lucky rich family and we always donated money cause we feel better sharing what people cant afford, and this helps people on their living right :)?  

edited: I asked my mom and she said I had jupiter and some 8 house thing I didnt really understand.. if that helps  :smt002

Lights and sights!
MarcoAZS[/quote]

abhishekh

Post by abhishekh » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:04 pm

wining of money is the past collection,birth of a child is past soul with you,and going to think about luck,it is always with you,luck want to look,and when you can able to look,there are always luck with you,you want more money,then always think to proper Moony,way or Moon,when in your favour.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:13 pm

When spirituality arises it is natural law not luck.  When using spirituality as a focus, the winning of the lottery is just not that important in the scheme of spirit growth.

rozrokz

Post by rozrokz » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:13 am

Eh. Yes, we would love to feed our soul but first we have to feed our stomach LOL. I notice that most people who have arrived materialistically will eventually turn to spirituality and charity because they have settled the material side and don't have to worry about that. They can devote their time and effort to help others. This is my plan but if I can bearly help myself, how can I hope to help others. Why I said whether astrology can help in striking the lottery is because, maybe if you are at a phase that such ephemerism exists to help you with such windfall gain, and you know how to utilise this period, if God in his greatness have willed so and the hints have been placed in your charts, should we not accept this gift. I think I am in such a phase but I have no idea how to see which part of my chart says sh, which planets affect such luck. This is because recently numbers that have been associated with myself have been coming out in the lottery but I can't for the life of me guess which will come out. I can't read the signals. I can feel it, but I can't sense which numbers will be the one that comes out.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:10 am

Why do you separate your stomach from your soul?
The body and soul are not mutually exclusive, nor is the mind and the soul!

RR

[quote="rozrokz"]Eh. Yes, we would love to feed our soul but first we have to feed our stomach LOL. I notice that most people who have arrived materialistically will eventually turn to spirituality and charity because they have settled the material side and don't have to worry about that. They can devote their time and effort to help others. This is my plan but if I can bearly help myself, how can I hope to help others. Why I said whether astrology can help in striking the lottery is because, maybe if you are at a phase that such ephemerism exists to help you with such windfall gain, and you know how to utilise this period, if God in his greatness have willed so and the hints have been placed in your charts, should we not accept this gift. I think I am in such a phase but I have no idea how to see which part of my chart says sh, which planets affect such luck. This is because recently numbers that have been associated with myself have been coming out in the lottery but I can't for the life of me guess which will come out. I can't read the signals. I can feel it, but I can't sense which numbers will be the one that comes out.[/quote]

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:28 pm

The fact is: "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.  We are spiritual beings having a human experience"  The most important aspect is the spirit - feed it!  When we have fed the spirit, the material conditions will take care of themselves as in finding that right job to provide for the rest of your material existence.

The lottery is chance at best.  Consider...how many people actually win the lottery?  If it was one of those necessities of life, we would all have a windfall now and again.  Gambling is trying for a better life, without effort.

If the numbers were a part of astrology or numerology practices, everyone would have them to win.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:23 pm

[quote="spiritalk"]The fact is: "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.  We are spiritual beings having a human experience"  The most important aspect is the spirit - feed it!  When we have fed the spirit, the material conditions will take care of themselves as in finding that right job to provide for the rest of your material existence.

The lottery is chance at best.  Consider...how many people actually win the lottery?  If it was one of those necessities of life, we would all have a windfall now and again.  Gambling is trying for a better life, without effort.

If the numbers were a part of astrology or numerology practices, everyone would have them to win.[/quote]

Dear ST,

I for one have never been comfortable or impressed by this oft-repeated cliche about, "We are spirits having a human experience" cute though it may sound, just as I cringe a bit when I hear, "What does not kill you can only make you stronger!"

A bunch of hornets attacking you won't kill you (unless you are sensitized already) but in most cases it would invoke a fear from all kinds of bees, hornets, wasps and often afraid of any flying insect near you! Having just survived a life-threatening accident or illness would not make one stronger either, as is naively stated by some. Having experienced abduction or being a hostage sometimes invokes a fear of the trunk that was not there before the ugly incident was forced upon someone!

I think I make my point, loud and clear!

"spirit is having a human experience" is again an expression of misunderstanding about what the spirit is and what human experience is!

It tries to separate the two experiences which are as intertwined and mutually inclusive as the gross body is to its microscopic (cells and tissues) realities!

RR

rozrokz

Post by rozrokz » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:37 am

Come on fellas. Stick to topic. I think it is a very straight forward question whether astrology can help to win the lottery or not. Not about the frailities of human beings blah blah blah. I repeat, are there any planets or signs that one can predict (which is astrology in the first place, a predictive "science) to help for windfall chance. It is not like I will be making thousand of dollars bets every week and eat my family to the dog house. No. Maybe a dollar or two of my spare change a week to try my luck base on my best period for such luck. If you want to share your philosophical musings, please start your own posts about this subjects. Thanks.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:35 pm

Why do you call astrology a science?
Why do you think it is a simple answer?
Why do you think astrology is a simple look up table where a certain planet or house would clinch the answer?

That is the root of the problem, whether you like my answer or not!

RR

[quote="rozrokz"]Come on fellas. Stick to topic. I think it is a very straight forward question whether astrology can help to win the lottery or not. Not about the frailities of human beings blah blah blah. I repeat, are there any planets or signs that one can predict (which is astrology in the first place, a predictive "science) to help for windfall chance. It is not like I will be making thousand of dollars bets every week and eat my family to the dog house. No. Maybe a dollar or two of my spare change a week to try my luck base on my best period for such luck. If you want to share your philosophical musings, please start your own posts about this subjects. Thanks.[/quote]

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:00 am

I shall accept your challenge but in the relevant forum: Vedic astrology and I will quote you message/challenge that you posted here!

[quote="rozrokz"]Come on fellas. Stick to topic. I think it is a very straight forward question whether astrology can help to win the lottery or not. Not about the frailities of human beings blah blah blah. I repeat, are there any planets or signs that one can predict (which is astrology in the first place, a predictive "science) to help for windfall chance. It is not like I will be making thousand of dollars bets every week and eat my family to the dog house. No. Maybe a dollar or two of my spare change a week to try my luck base on my best period for such luck. If you want to share your philosophical musings, please start your own posts about this subjects. Thanks.[/quote]

Return to “General Discussion”