A Quick Question

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

brandoNZ

A Quick Question

Post by brandoNZ » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:10 am

Does everybody on this forum believe in God, I for 1 don't understand how he can exist, i also get the impression people just make excuses to cover up what may or may not be the truth of him not existing

I'm not having a go or anything and i don't want to rave on about my reasons for not believing, just wanted to know why so many people can think Go exists.

That is all

Thanks.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:38 pm

When you take away all that science has discovered of our lives, we still have a creative energy.  Even Einstein recognized there was a higher intelligence behind all that he worked to uncover.

adrianna

Post by adrianna » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:11 am

Believeing in God (as in an organised religion) is different from believing in a higher power. My parents devote their lives to the religion that they were born into without thought of question. I on the other hand have removed myself from my birth religion on some levels so in an essense i have to say, if you're into labelling, that i am an agnostik. That said, i believe that there is a higher power at work in the Universe - just maybe not the ones we are droned to believe and practice.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:14 pm

There is no god,devil or any other bogeymen.
Read my blog and join the atheists.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:20 pm

There is only one God - but oh so many descriptions.  Each of us has a personal covenant with the God of our own understanding.  He/She/It is also found in many religious followings as they understand God to be.  It is all in the description.  To agnostic or atheist is to dismiss the explanations that exist, until you find your own and can live with that description.

Docbrown17

Post by Docbrown17 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:31 pm

Let me put it this way: do you believe in science? If you believe in science, then you believe in God. Every bit of detail found in science proves God's existence. Everything is just too minute, too complicated to just happen by coincidence. I'm not trying to prove all of you wrong, I'm just trying to prove the existence of God to be true.

Return to “General Discussion”