Do you think praying to certain saints helps?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Tyrinaniel

Post by Tyrinaniel » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:18 pm

Yeah, polls are usually less threatening than posting well thought out feedback, lol.  People tend to get ruffled feathers.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:27 pm

No I'm not interested in polls. I don't need any light bulbs screwed in. hahaha.

Maybe I don't want to know why people choose the other way. Maybe I want people to ask themselves why they choose the way they choose. shrugs :)

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:29 pm

Btw, ruffled feathers only happen when people can't truly be open - when our egos and pride get the best of us.

Ann Frisby

Praying to Saints

Post by Ann Frisby » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:33 pm

Hi, I truly believe that praying to those who have served God and Humanity is one way of asking for the help that we all need from time to time-----but also, as it should be, perhaps we are meant to experience the very situation in which we find ourselves.  We truly do gain strength through adversity.

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:38 pm

sidewalk_bends wrote:No I'm not interested in polls. I don't need any light bulbs screwed in. hahaha.
 ::laughs::
sidewalk_bends wrote:Maybe I want people to ask themselves why they choose the way they choose. shrugs :)
I think most people already have asked themselves and that's how they have arrived in their beliefs. Just like it's how I arrived at my own. And maybe some just accept whatever it was they were hand fed or conditioned to (possibly because of culture) believe while others are indifferent to it.

And for some reason the movie "The God's Must Be Crazy" sticks out in my mind. Probably because I am thinking in cultural terms such as some tribes in other countries do not worship god, but Gods... If you have never seen it, it's a must watch. Brilliantly written, hysterically funny...

Laughter.. it's good for the soul :)

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:42 pm

It's always good to ask again because we really never know. We get tired, settle and tell ourselves to accept and other times we wander, stumble and find something new.

Me? I'm on a walk, on a thin line.

Tyrinaniel

Post by Tyrinaniel » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:56 pm

sidewalk_bends wrote:Btw, ruffled feathers only happen when people can't truly be open - when our egos and pride get the best of us.
In my little corner of America, I have found this to be true.  Not every place in America is like this, though many areas are, especially more towards the West coast.  Our society is becoming more dummied down, and history re-written because they think some areas may offend others.  Some Americans will disagree with me, but most military soldiers/veterans fully agree with me.  Though, individual's will have their own reasons for reacting certain ways.  Sometimes we'll never know.

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:15 pm

Tyrinaniel wrote:
sidewalk_bends wrote:Btw, ruffled feathers only happen when people can't truly be open - when our egos and pride get the best of us.
In my little corner of America, I have found this to be true.  Not every place in America is like this, though many areas are, especially more towards the West coast.  Our society is becoming more dummied down, and history re-written because they think some areas may offend others.  Some Americans will disagree with me, but most military soldiers/veterans fully agree with me.  Though, individual's will have their own reasons for reacting certain ways.  Sometimes we'll never know.
Ego, ruffled feathers and society dictating how we should think, feel, and behave is an age old problem though... ::sigh:: I think it's an inherent vice in man to think or feel he knows better than another. It's "alpha" thinking which is still stuck in our genetic coding until we evolve beyond the alpha/beta relationships.

Reminds me of an old plaque we used to have hanging in our home, the point was very clear "Those who think they know it all are very annoying to us that do." I understood the meaning probably when I was about 12.. I got it and it rings true.

Return to “General Discussion”