The Power of Positive Thinking

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Amethyst-Jen

The Power of Positive Thinking

Post by Amethyst-Jen » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:07 am

This week, I tried something new. Every morning on my way to work I'd give myself a pep talk (of sorts) and say how its going to be a good day and that among other things I would be patient and kind. I then would request positive energy to come to me and my co-workers throughout the day and you know something, it was the BEST week I've had in a long time.

I firmly believe that my "pep talks" worked and I did have positive energy and positive thoughts. I didn't get frustrated as easily and I definately took things in stride. AND best of all, I was not stressed out at all this week (which work can do at times).  

Was it the power of positive thinking, or just an easy week? Has anyone else every experienced this?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:53 pm

All the time Jen, all the time!  Begin the day with a positive thought - the reason is we are inclined to go to negativity like water finding its path down a hill - the positive is a choice to go the other way.  I tend to repeat it during a stressful day.  I find if I don't start my day this way, it can go its own way and that is never positive.  

You made it happen!  Keep up the good works!

dh_madhu

Post by dh_madhu » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:45 am

Well yes! I had a similar experience recently. I was assigned a project with very tight schedules. When things became quite uneasy, I tried not to be discouraged and sent positive affirmations to my brain while traveling to the office every day. Finally, I was able to meet my time lines without having to rope in extra hours/days. I also noticed that as I sent these messages every day to my brain, things were falling in place automatically. Well, now that I have experienced this phenomenon several times in my life, I am more at peace than ever before.

Thanks for reading!!

Amethyst-Jen

Post by Amethyst-Jen » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:08 am

That's great dh_madhu!  I'm glad it worked out so well for you.  I'm definately making this a part of my life. I wake up every morning and give myself these little talks and its really worked to make me more positive and less stressed.

I think its always easier for people to go negative then it is to go positive....as you said spiritalk, going negative is like water finding its way down hill. I think we have to work harder to stay positive, but the effort is definately worth it!

Thank you both for reading :)

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:00 pm

ears ago I did a Dale Carnegie course, most of it I was too young for but the bit that stuck is the bit I still use. I sometimes have to give talks to various groups and if you haven't done one for a while you do get serious nerves. The little mantra I was taught is; 'Act enthusiastic and you'll be enthusiastic.'
You say this quielty under your breath and repeat it, getting more and more enthusiastic each time you say it, by about the 6th time you are really fired up and ready.
Positive thought more than any other thing we can do influences us for the better.
I don't want to go on about what I've been through, read the blog if you can be bothered, but PMA - Positive Mental Attitude has got me through that tunnel.
If I could thank those trainers from all those years ago I'd walk across hot coals and kiss their feet, whatever small success I have now, whatever the state of my health - they helped me greatly and if their are any D.C. trainers reading this, YOU GAVE ME EVERYTHING, THANK YOU.

BAYOU_FLOWER

I AGREE

Post by BAYOU_FLOWER » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:30 pm

POSITIVE THINKING IS A MUST IN THE CRAZY WORLD TODAY. SO MANY PEOPLE THINK LOOKS , THE WAY YOU DRESS WERE YOU COME FROM MAKES YOU IMPORTANT. WHAT MOST DONT UNDERSTAND THAT IF WE UP LIFT OUR SELFS TO A STATE OF MIND WERE WE FEL GOOD ABOUT OUR SELFS WE ARE GOOD, IF WE AQLLOW OTHERS TO DICTATE THE WAY WE ARE WE ARE IN TROUBLE THEN I LOVE TO DO DEEP BREATHING IN THE MORNING AND SMUG AND JUST CLEAR MY MIND OF EVERY THING TO START THE DAY OFF AND I HAVE FOUND IF I  MISS A DAY I CAN TELL. EVEN MY DOGS SEEM TO ACT UP AND CAUSE STRESS THAT SHOULDNT BE THERE. IM ABLE TO MEET PEOPLE WITH A UPLIFTED SOUL AND THEY FEED OFF THIS. BLEESINGS TO ALL YALL

Albion

Post by Albion » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:28 am

Hi,
    I absolutely believe in positive thinking infact it is a way of life for me.
You may like to try taking it one step further and Visualize then Manifest. There are several thoughts on how to do this but basicall you get a very clear picture of what you want or where you want to be or live, what your ideal work place is (anything really) and hold on to it and believe that it is real... then it happens.
Peace and Have LOTS more great weeks!  :smt006

Magickal Wind

Post by Magickal Wind » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:29 pm

I'm a big believer in the power of thoughts and words, but what do you do when your spouse is generally negative?  How do you prevent someone from dragging you down?  I've read that I should be a "mirror" rather than a "sponge," but that isn't realistic.  White light helps sometimes, but other times I can feel an enormous drain.  Thoughts?

BrightLight

Post by BrightLight » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:42 pm

I've been in a slump lately and need to turn things around. I'm going to try the morning pep talks myself. :)

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:09 pm

I believe very much in positive thinking,altho i dont always think good thoughts.I believe being positive can cure alot of things in life,from health,relationships,work etc.I will try the pep talks,i think thats a great idea,as i know when i wake up and really truly think to myself today will be a fab day,it always is.But yes i wonder that,a negative partner,as they are close to you so how do you not let them bring you down also!!!!

Master Po

Post by Master Po » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:12 am

Many of the modern world accomplishments came about from positive thinking

BrightLight

Post by BrightLight » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:28 am

I agree. And it's not just positive thinking but moreso at times FOCUSED thinking that is the key. You know that old saying "where attention goes energy flows"

Which is why many say rather than always focusing on what you DON'T want the real answer is focusing on what you DO want.

It's the difference between saying "I want love" rather than "I don't want to have my heart broken"

Even though some mistakenly think both those statements are positive thinking...in reality the first thought focuses on love...while the second one focuses on heartbreak. Even if your thinking about NOT wanting heartbreak..in that statement heartbreak is still the star of the show. Love is nowhere to be found.

We unwittingly feed ourselves the wrong words all the time. Which is why working on my internal dialogue is the first step for me personally.

What I tell/feed myself is just as important as what I tell others. It took getting knocked down a few times for me to see that.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:32 am

ye.. what u say is very true Brightlight.. I have been thru this myself a million times.. each time i learn something new. even in terrible circumstances i told myself "I Believe" and it worked:) and later on it really surprised me. Its just ur mind. they say the mind controls ur body.. but what controls ur mind?

Magickal Wind

Post by Magickal Wind » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:12 pm

I've also read not to say "I want love" because then you end up with the "wanting."  The advice I heard was to be affirmative:  "I have love" and then it will come to you.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:38 pm

Adversity can be the mother of invention!  Did all our advances come from love?  I think maybe we are more impressed and motivated through negativity to find our answers?  Just a thought....

Return to “General Discussion”