Metatron

The land of unus mundus and reaching numinous

Post by Metatron » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:33 pm

Any Jungerian aficionados out there?

And what have you read?

:smt014

rozrokz

Post by rozrokz » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:14 am

:smt089 Eh. what is unus etc.? Using such BIG words are really scary. :smt101 .

stan

Post by stan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:27 pm

Unus Mundus In Mythology

In mythology, Unus Mundus is that mythical, imaginal place where heaven touches earth... Unus Mundus is the mystical land beyond all time and space... a sphere of unity where the opposites of: life/death, love/hate, peace/war, good/evil, spirit/matter all merge into one another and cease to exist separately... Then, there is only the One...

Christos "Understand that thou art a second little world and that the sun and moon are within thee, and also the stars...."

Origen, 2nd/3rd Century Christian Mystic/Theologian, Homilies in Leviticum, 126

Late 2nd Century Christian mystic Origen taught that Christ showed each of us the way to Unus Mundus by the example of his (Christ's) life....

Christ was the only person in the history of the world who had succeeded in the delicate, tricky balance of standing firmly with one foot in heaven while simultaneously placing his other foot on earth....

Unus Mundus

The place where heaven and earth meet.... it's the marriage of: Heaven/Earth, Sun/Moon, King/Queen Have you experienced a "Unus Mundus moment?"

You know... Those brief, fleeting moments when we feel in total harmony with the flow and pulse of the universe? Those brief moments when we "somehow" know and feel that our lives are being mysteriously orchestrated by a power larger than ourselves? Those brief, shining moments when we feel more like "the windshield than the bug?"

Bringing Unus Mundus Down To Earth - (Unus Mundus & Synchronicity)

Examples of Synchronicity:

1. You're sitting at home... And then for no apparent reason you start thinking about someone you haven't thought about or seen for years... and at the same instant, the phone rings and it's the person you were thinking about... Synchronicity - meaningful coincidence... no apparent causal connection...

2. You're going on a road trip to San Jose, CA. Before going to bed that night, you set your radio alarm clock to wake you up the next morning with music. When the radio comes on the next morning, the words of the song playing on the radio are: "Do you know the way to San Jose?" Synchronicity - meaningful coincidence... no apparent causal connection...

3. One night, you have a dream about someone who used to be important in your life... This is a "someone" who hasn't been in your life, dreams or thoughts for quite some time - and the dream leaves you with an eerie feeling of concern for the "someone." Later on you discover that the "someone's" mother died on the same night and it was virtually at the very same moment you had the disturbing dream... Synchronicity - meaningful coincidence... no apparent causal connection...

Dorothy M. Neddermeyer, PhD, author, motivational speaker and inspirational leader specializes in: Mind, Body, Spirit healing and Physical/Sexual Abuse Prevention and Recovery. Dr. Neddermeyer empowers people to view life's challenges as an opportunity for Personal/Professional Growth and Spiritual Awakening. http://www.drdorothy.net

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Doroth ... meyer,_PhD

Hope this helps

Metatron

Post by Metatron » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:36 pm

Now your talking!

Didn't realize Origen had anything to say on the topic.

Unus Mundus sounds a lot like the Wu Wei of the I Ching.

Ah Unus Mundus moment thats reaching numinous.

Do you think it is the same as reaching satori in Buddhism?

stan

Enlightment

Post by stan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:50 pm

I think the I Ching is a very, very high statement of of how it all is in the here and now. Yes, I do think that Santori is the same place. Koans were developed to by pass the rational temple thats why it's said you can only arrive at the answer via experience rather then the intellect. Same place Metatron. The mysteries and secret to life is not a sercret at all. They are all yelling it! We get glimpses but most of us who worship the rational temple file them away as coincidence. From my vantage point  there are no coincidences or miracles.

Metatron

Post by Metatron » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:59 am

Enlightenment! Do you think it's one time deal or something one works at each and everyday.

Do you know of any other traditions that talk of similiar situations?

stan

Post by stan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:11 am

The wedding feast is now! Kabbalah-RECIEVE.

stan

Post by stan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:46 pm

Paranoia, messianic complex, delusions of grandeur. They went through the door with their ego's on. The help available was a group of minds said that's okay will give you Thorazine. That's the west. They neither look up nor do they see the blood on the ground. All they see is psychology. There's a story of four rabbis - Ben Azzai, Ben Zoma, Elisha ben Abuyah and Aquba (all of whom flourished in the earlier part of the second century A>D> and so were two generations younger than Paul) - who entered Paradise. Ben Azzai looked and died, Ben Zoma looked and went mad, Elisha ben Abuyah became an apostate. Only Aquiba survived the experience unscathed.

Metatron

Post by Metatron » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:13 pm

Your words are intriguing Stan .

From what tradition do you draw your perspective?

Concider myself Gnostic Christian/Buddhist/Taoist

romesh

want to know

Post by romesh » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:14 pm

hi ,

i want to know more about sagitarian as my would be is on this sign.

plz help
here for knowledge

stan

From what tradition do you draw your perspective?

Post by stan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:18 pm

Where? Thats unlawful for me to utter. Good bye my friend.

Metatron

Post by Metatron » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:44 pm

Stan, sorry if I said anything wrong. Your words were most refreshing.

Metatron

Post by Metatron » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:53 pm

Stan if you can point me in the right direction it will be greatly appriciate.

stan

Post by stan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:06 pm

You are a totally determined being. How long you will sleep is totally determined. What you will hear of what I say is totally determined. When you learn to quiet your mind enough you can hear how it really is. You will understand that everyone you meet has come to teach you something. Trust yourself and love everyone.

Metatron

Post by Metatron » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:14 pm

Your wisdom is much appreciated

Return to “General Discussion”