what do you think of interracial marriages

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

afraafra

what do you think of interracial marriages

Post by afraafra » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:11 pm

do you think interracial marriages are a good idea , do they work, are they worth the attention you get in the society?

afraafra

are interracial marriages good for society as a whole

Post by afraafra » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:15 pm

As multiculturality is a fact of life in the west, do you think more interracial marriages would do integration good

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:08 pm

I don't very often come across a topic that is hard to answer - but this kind of possibility for prejudice is certainly hard to see through.  Why would that be of interest?

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:24 pm

I agree with spiritalk that it is a controversial topic since everyone has a different opinion. By sharing those opinions it has great potential of leading to unwanted debates and banter which could get very ugly. That's not what this forum is about.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:48 pm

afraafra, I may be totally wrong, but hoping that I don't offend you, let me guess. You are 53, from Iran, most probably a Muslim, have a son or daughter in the West, who wants to marry a Westrener, someone who isn't from Iran & isn't a Muslim. & You are asking if it is good or bad or ...... u are kinda wanting to know what the whole world thinks.

Now as I said I might be completely wrong & I apologise for that.

Like spiritalk said, this is a rather difficult topic to talk about, & I thougt for more than an hour before I could reply to you. Now I think (just my view) that we all belong to the race called Human Beings, & all that these religions are about today are useless. Now I believe in God & pray to God daily, & I can say I am a bit religious & conservative. But I am also a Spiritualist (One who beleives in God/Higher Power/Nature/etc, irrespecitve of religion), & I am a very firm believer in True Love. So, if two people really really Love each other, irrespective of their religious, social, financial, political, (sub-)racial, even gender, then they have every right to marry. & Anyone who is against this, is the biggest SINNER in the eye of the God/Allah, because all that GOD says is to Love one another, Love another person like you want others to Love you, Love another person like you Love yourself.

What I am trying to say here is all that God wants us to do is Love everyone, irrespective of everything else & without any conditions or rules.

I for one, am completely for Interracial marriages if & only if the two people in question are in Love & want to live the rest of their life & grow old with the other. (I know I am too old-fashioned & old world romantic, :) ).

Now once again I apoligise for the top paragrapgh, I just went with my intution. If I am wrong (which I most probably am), & hopring that I haven't offended you, please think I am a crazy person & forgive me.

Everything expressed on the top are my own views.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:55 pm

Oh I didn't see Angelique's post. Well if this is too controversial, please feel free to you know remove the post or thread, if & only if complained by someone. Thank you.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:21 pm

From a genetics point of view interracial marriages are excellent.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:38 pm

Why do people run because they are afraid of opposing someone else's beliefs? Things only become heated when we are unwilling to accept that each has their choice.

As for interracial marriages...There are different races? Only in thine eyes.

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:53 am

I mention it because it could turn into a controversial topic depending on the context and the contributor's perception - which can go in several directions. One person could take the question such as you did and look at it as an inquiry to a personal matter where they are looking for feedback on how to handle something. Whereas another might be take it as someone is trying to stir the pot. While it's a reasonable question, I don't feel the nature of this boards intent is go into an out and out mud-slinging debate that can turn into a debacle. That's all.. my intent is at the end of my response...

Bends, it's unfortunate but some people don't know how to hold a healthy debate taking it to extremes and then there are some who enjoy pushing other peoples buttons for the sake of pushing buttons and it ruins it for everyone else who are playing by the rules. I ran the most popular and largest BBS on the internet (and if anyone knows what board I'm speaking of you know exactly who I am) for 7 years and an innocent question can be misconstrued and twisted beyond belief and snowball into something terribly ugly. That's not fear, it's reminding people of what this board is about. No harm, no foul... it was just a gentle reminder of the direction the subject matter.

My opinion on interracial marriages? We are all made up of the same stuff. We all have intellect, emotions, share similar goals and problems, and we ALL bleed red... If you love someone, then you love them, race or creed can't control how you feel only you do.

Have a great night :)
Vishwas wrote:Oh I didn't see Angelique's post. Well if this is too controversial, please feel free to you know remove the post or thread, if & only if complained by someone. Thank you.

afraafra

for vishwas

Post by afraafra » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:24 am

Are you using a devination software or something, your observations are uncanny. Thanks for taking the time. Actually I prefer they(my kids) do not marry outside their nationality and return home as there are far too many negative points re an interracial marriage than positive ones.

anandanworld

nothing wrong

Post by anandanworld » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:53 am

Nothing wrong, from my point of view. But i dont have any reasons to argue.

afraafra

obviously a taboo subject better leave it at this point!

Post by afraafra » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:17 am

obviously this is a taboo subject as is interracial dating and sex, we better end this topic at this point, it seems human nature never changes

afraafra

a final word

Post by afraafra » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:28 am

It seems to me interracial marriages is ok with people of color but unacceptable with white people, and there is nothing wrong with that to each his own..

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:41 am

Oh I think thats a sweeping generalisation.  I have many friends who are married to people from other countries such as iraq, poland, africa.  Not all white people are racist.  I have experienced racism.  I was the only white girl who lived in area of Muslim population.  As a result of this they said i was a prostitute and a whore cos i lived alone.  I didn't get offended, i just thought they didn't understand.

If my daughter came home with a prospective boyfriend and said she wanted to get married, i would be looking to make sure that this boy was going to look after her and love her I wouldn't be looking to see what colour he is or what religion he practiced.

I would hope that there are lots of people like me out there, but what i am trying to illustrate is that there is racism on all sides, white people are not the only people who can be racist.

seadrenea

Live and be happy

Post by seadrenea » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:55 pm

I have never accepted the norms of society or the box in which they are contained.
We can not do away with the problems associated with mixed marriages or relationships unless we allow ourselves to experience them and work the problems out.
Time to jump out of the box and deal.
And live, love, and laugh.

Return to “General Discussion”