A Perfect Marriage

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Flame haired one

Post by Flame haired one » Sat May 26, 2007 4:57 am

Just saw this posting today.  Perfect = Imperfect.  There is no absolute here on earth.  

As long as two partners are working towards the same goal in their marriage - trust, honor, love, friendship, compassion and others...

...there will always be something to 'work' on or compromise on.  That is what makes each day unique and have us looking towards the next.  Individuality and Unity in a relationship - if one finds that...that is one step towards perfect, if I was pressed.   :smt003
It is the eye of ignorance that assigns a fixed and unchangeable color to every object; beware of this stumbling block.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat May 26, 2007 1:48 pm

I am reminded of Billy Graham's answer when questioned about the longevity of his marriage....we are happily dysfunctional.
God bless, J

Samson

Post by Samson » Sat May 26, 2007 2:57 pm

A perfect marriage in my books is not to get married in the first place, to heart breaking if it doesn't work out.

lunarcraft

Post by lunarcraft » Sat May 26, 2007 7:18 pm

I agree with you guys that the definition of perfect varies, according to who is doing the defining.  However, I had a "perfect" marriage, for almost 25 years, with Ken until he died in Februrary this year.  

Throughout the time together, we worked VERY hard and abided by one rule throughout - never go to bed on an arguement.  We maintained this and talked about everything.  We were each others biggest fans and critics.  We gave mutual support, when needed and encouraged each other to grow and develop.  

Even though Ken is no longer with me, in the physical sense, he remains my constant confidante and supporter ... even now.

Brightest Blessings

Sarah

Flame haired one

Post by Flame haired one » Sun May 27, 2007 2:33 am

Samson wrote:A perfect marriage in my books is not to get married in the first place, to heart breaking if it doesn't work out.
I will say from experience that the next time that you find yourself with another...you may be more careful - but, you are mature/know what you want and what you are willing to compromise on.  I found it better the second time around...pain still sometimes from the first at odd moments...but, I am a better person.  Appreciation for the little things vs crabbing over the little things.   :smt054 Although, I will say - boy, was it work to get there!
It is the eye of ignorance that assigns a fixed and unchangeable color to every object; beware of this stumbling block.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun May 27, 2007 1:59 pm

Samson:  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  You are not living if you do not 'risk'.  Love is being vulnerable and open to another human being.  As as imperfect beings we are inclined to hurt others in this risk taking of vulberability.  Sometimes it happens by design, sometimes by chance.  But the risk is the living and loving!

I am had 2 wonderful marriages...the first abusive and negative.  The one at present loving and supportive.  Both have taught me something about vulnerability or love.  Keep the lesson, release the pain!
God bless, J

VN Purohit

Post by VN Purohit » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:59 am

First you eloberate what is perfect.Because it always individual's own interpretation. For me it sailing together by accomodating willingly & sharing happily.

minharo

Post by minharo » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:53 am

Hello to everybody.

I'm not married and has just finished a recent relationship. I expect to have
an excellent marriage, but I guess that this is somethin' happens when both
want the same thing!
"O Rap é compromisso!"

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:34 pm

We are imperfect people seeking other imperfect people.  Out of this can come imperfection.  We will resonate with some people and be repelled by others.  The point of any relationship is to find our similarities and work within the framework of caring and loving.  All relationships teach us something.
God bless, J

mystic7

Post by mystic7 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:30 pm

A Perfect Marriage is not only possible, but at some point in our existence it MUST occur. Man and woman by themselves are incomplete, and the union of the 2 is what brings perfection about. The two must become one, for this is a macrocosm of our own existence, and will teach us a great deal about the esoteric life of a true seeker...

Just my thoughts..

Mystic

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:07 pm

Getting lost in the entity - Perfect Marriage - we can and do lose sight of personal responsibility for self and self's growth and progress in spirituality.  The relationship being compatible is a good start to learning lessons of compatibility.  The relationship without compatibility is inclined to be painful at the time, but more growth oriented because of its challenges to overcome and deal with in the relationship.

Perfect is not a word used too often in earth life.  IME the reasons could be tied up in the idea of lessons that are learned through our earth life to impress the spirit/soul.  Perfection would indicate some sort of summit - no more lessons to go.
God bless, J

VN Purohit

Perfect marriage

Post by VN Purohit » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:19 am

I fully agree that word 'PERFECT' is to come in later part or relates to spirituality.Spiritualilty is individuals own journey.and many times couple may have different approach or views.Firstly both should not bulldoze other's point of view and secondly if both tread world with common values ,approach and that to whole heartedly without reservation or strings attached then I feel marriage is blissful & perfect

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:34 am

yes.... thats very much true.. but what happens when you are the one compromising and u dont get anything in return. yesta  friend of mine was telling me about this..and she said.." I have already started climbing down the well, I dont know how to get out.
I told her.. u have to get out... there is no other way out.

kalimullah_3

Perfect Marriage

Post by kalimullah_3 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:06 am

When a couple is happy with life we can say that their marriage is perfect. But it is nearly impossible to predict before marriage that there marriage will be successful, perfect is out of imagination. It is just like a difference between laws of motion and laws of emotions. Laws of motion are absolute but laws emotion relative.
Marriage is like a fruit. One who eat and one who don’t eat both repents.

Pravin Kumar

A Perfect Marriage

Post by Pravin Kumar » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:23 am

There is nothing perfect in this life. Man is imperfect no matter how much he may try. A successful marriage (different from perfect) if gone through earns lots of plus point in those couple's life for they earn lots and lots of "Punya" . Ours is a Grahasth Ashram and this is the toughest and most difficult to pass through and all those you are lucky to pass through it successfully get lots of "Punya".

So better not look for perfection. It is through Trials and Errors, Understanding and Misunderstanding, Reaching the Height and then the Lowest Depth and then we survive and reach old age, it is only then we realise that men and women are both on equal terms for no one can live without the other as Men give Support to Women and Women show their Caring for their Men. It should be so always for their roles are prescribed by the Creator HIMSELF. Just see how difficult it is for Widow or Widower to live. Second Marriage does not even bring half the happiness of first marriage and chances of success even remote though there are some exceptions.

Pravin Kumar

Return to “General Discussion”