Meeting people online

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Stacers

Meeting people online

Post by Stacers » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:09 pm

How do you feel about meeting the people you met online?

I met plenty of people online, all real no fake. Ive known well hes my best friend to me coming up 2 years now and im thinking about meeting him in march, i cant wait. think its good?

lluvia

real friends

Post by lluvia » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:31 pm

:smt002 real friends are good 4 the spirit,what counts is the cuality of the frienships be blessed :smt007 lluvia

makowtom

Post by makowtom » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:35 pm

MOST people are honest and sincere....but the others do exist.  Please be careful but if after 2 years - its till feels very nice - I would think you are OK

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:57 pm

ya... do be careful.. I have met one guy i met online..
and he turned out to help me and my husband in business quite a bit:)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:33 pm

Sometimes the imagination is better than the reality.  LOL  When it comes to meeting people you have formed a bond with on the internet, you may find without a topic to discuss, there is little you have in common.  Just a thought.....

makowtom

Post by makowtom » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:22 pm

Yes - I truly believe that  it is much different than visiting Online.  Plus we often "anticipate" that person to be "so much more perfect"  = expect nothing - be happy with someone nice !

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:27 pm

when we meet someone in person we have all the body language and response that is not so obvious on the internet.  We can be caught up on those we meet online as wonderful people and it would be nice to meet some of them - I have met some wonderful people here and in other groups - and enjoy without expectations.

mankatogamer

BE CAREFUL

Post by mankatogamer » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:51 pm

I would strongly strongly recommend  taking a real life friend with you the first time you meet. Then you know you're safe and besides that it can help with those uncomfortable silences. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a horrible idea, but please please be careful. By the way, I met my husband online, on yahoo........and yes I had a friend with for the first real date LOL, but I know the Gods and Goddesses were looking in on me then =)

Return to “General Discussion”