fiction, novel, books

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sandraw

fiction, novel, books

Post by sandraw » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:12 am

Can any one recommend some novels with pagan, wicca, or mystic themes? I am not interested in reading about fairies, dragons, or dark witches. No sci fi. I am currently reading Ken Follet's Pillars of the Earth and it just touches on what I would like to read. What I really yearn to read is something down to earth (pun) everyday insights and activities of life in pagan societies.

Thanks for your thoughts on this. Sandraw

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:29 am

The Sweep series was...meh, okay I guess.

If you like those crazy series that feature a confused, hormonal teen girl you just want to smack half the time for choosing to do the complete opposite of what you would do in that situation.

When are you going to learn, Morgan? -.-'

sandraw

Post by sandraw » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:24 am

I'll put the series on my list and hope it gets moved down by suggestions from further replies. :)

I guess I am just not in the mood at this moment. thanks you though.

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:35 am

Ah, I hope it gets moved down too.  I doubt it's at all what you're looking for, and you might be too old to really care about the main plot lines (I read the series when I was like...fifteen I think, so everyone in the books were about my age).  It was just the first thing that came to my mind that was remotely close.

However...if you're into watching television, I suggest the series Witch Hunter Robin...nice anime that one.

Ocyina

Post by Ocyina » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:01 pm

Flying By Night: Book 1 of the Coven of the Jeweled Dragon by lorna tedder is a decent read....
I am currently reading ...Beneath A Mountain Moon by SilverRavenwolf.   I will let you know what its like

PaganPriest

Post by PaganPriest » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:33 pm

Silver Ravenwolf for both fiction and non fiction. Then there are the Dresden Files for fiction, but they may be borderline for what you are looking for.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:38 pm

Nora Roberts writes fiction with a spiritual view.

Ocyina

Post by Ocyina » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:57 pm

yes............the sisters triology by nora roberts isnt bad if you like the romance aspect

Return to “General Discussion”