Whats your earliest memory of life?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Dragonfly2758

Post by Dragonfly2758 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:25 pm

I remember Jack carrying me on his arm when I was just a toddler, maybe about 2 or 3, in a Sunday dress (was is Easter?) down the sidewalk in front of my house , he turned around facing the house, and my mother took our picture.  I still have that picture somewhere.

scarlet raging storm

Re: Whats your earliest memory of life?

Post by scarlet raging storm » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:47 am

flight _of_angelwings wrote:I was thinking earlier just how far back I can remember, now I cant remember my birth....(oh thats a blessing...there are some things best not visualised......haha)  :smt005  

I can although remember laying in a white bassinet and having my mother leaning over into the bassinet looking down at me smiling and cooing.  I had my little fingers wrapped around her finger.  I remember feeling very happy and warm loving the exchange between us. :smt057

I would have been under six months as I do know after that time I was too big to fit into the bassinet any longer.

I am very curious about the first earliest memory of others and would love to read them if you would like to share! :smt039
I saw something out my crib that scared the crap out of me.
hugs
Chrissy

bluebell10

earliest memory

Post by bluebell10 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:29 am

mine was around 5yrs old
today the movie camera and now the video can record everything, for those that cant remember
some things are best not remembered
there must be something, for some reason, that prevents memory,say upto 4or 5 yrs old.
say some brain or hormonal activity
but why

Softly1

Post by Softly1 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:32 am

I think my first memories are around 2yo, but have lately wondered if I actually remember them or just remember seeing photos of them when I was younger. However there is one I remember and I know there was no photo of it, so I guess I would have to say 2-3.

dhav

Post by dhav » Wed May 14, 2008 10:57 pm

My real first memory is my mom and I were relaxing on bed after I came back from kindergarden.Then I put my little finger in the fanwhich was switched on and ouch..I cried for long after that.lol ;-)

I also remember having biscuit Farleys and Nestum.I remember playing with a broken camera.I remember playing with puppies and my bid pink teddy bear.I remember sweeping the yard as fun.I remember sucking my thumb and my granny told me she will put hot chilly on it for me to stop.lol then I told her "ok rub the chilly on my thumb I will continue sucking"

oops it's enough now.Going to bed.lol ;-)

hopefulgirl86

Post by hopefulgirl86 » Thu May 15, 2008 12:56 am

Well, I think it had to be when I was two. I remember the day we moved out of this apartment we lived in. This girl was watching me while my parents were moving stuff around and she gave me this ball. I remember thinking at first she was giving me a gum ball so I put it my mouth and the realized it wasn't. So I started bouncing around. And then I remember that same day I was looking out the apartment window, someone was holding me and I could see my dad's truck. I remember yelling:
"Daddy's truck!"
Which meant my parents were back. There might be one earlier then that though.

WhoseLineBabygirl

Post by WhoseLineBabygirl » Thu May 15, 2008 1:19 am

if i said i can remember being in my moms womb and it being dark, wet, and hearing swooshing noises would anyone believe me?

dhav

Post by dhav » Thu May 15, 2008 7:09 am

wow.yes I beleive you WBL

WhoseLineBabygirl

Post by WhoseLineBabygirl » Thu May 15, 2008 5:40 pm

well thats the earliest i can remember being in my moms tummy and it being really dark, wet and i can hear swishy noises, and the next memory i have is my mom changing my clothes sometime when i was a baby(not sure how old maybe a few weeks or months) and i kept thinking "what is she doing?" i dont think i could talk just yet,  next memory i was 2 and apparently we were having a hurricane but all i remember is the white tape that was on the windows, the next memory i was 3 years old and playing catch me if you can with my mom at a pool and like an idiot i jumped in the deep end and if it wasent for this girl who pulled me out in time i would have drowned, i dont remember what she looked like but i think maybe she was 10 years old. This is why i'm afraid of the water as well! shallow water is fine for me, deep water is not! memory when i was 4 years old my sister chasing me around the house trying to kill me(she was jelous of me for some odd reason) and she chased me into my closet and sat there with all her weight against the door so i couldnt get out and she kept saying things like "the boogie man is gonna get you in there!!!"  :smt012  i'm still afraid of the dark to this day

heavymetalchic

Post by heavymetalchic » Wed May 21, 2008 12:48 pm

I remember when i was probably like 3 years old i was walking through my house and i went to my mom and dads room and opened the door. they were having sex!! :smt009 I didnt understand at the time of course but it left a mental image. I remember being slightly scared and shutting the door and starting to run then my mom came to the door with a robe on and asked me why i wasnt in bed.

heavymetalchic

Post by heavymetalchic » Wed May 21, 2008 12:48 pm

I remember when i was probably like 3 years old i was walking through my house and i went to my mom and dads room and opened the door. they were having sex!! :smt009 I didnt understand at the time of course but it left a mental image. I remember being slightly scared and shutting the door and starting to run then my mom came to the door with a robe on and asked me why i wasnt in bed.

luvislikeh2o

I fell in the toilet!!

Post by luvislikeh2o » Thu May 29, 2008 11:03 pm

I remember looking up at this huge white object climbing it and fell a big splash. My mom came and pulled me out laughed and cleaned me. She showed me this little bluish bucket and sat me on it.

Thought Energy Device

Post by Thought Energy Device » Fri May 30, 2008 1:44 am

my earliest memory? Hmm... Oh yeah, now I remember.  It went something like this...
"OH MY GOD! PUT ME BACK IN PLEASE!  Then I was born and some dude was slapping my back to make me breath that stuff we call air.
-Kevin.

phoenixmoonstar

Post by phoenixmoonstar » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:21 pm

I think I was about 2, because my grandmother was dead a few years later, and she died in the house they lived in after this.... But we'd gone over to my grandparents for either Thanksgiving or Christmas, and I was eating black olives. I ate too many of them and got sick, and I had to climb down out of the high chair and run to the bathroom (which I obviously knew where it was) so I didn't get sick at the table.

I could have been younger, but I don't remember when I learned to walk, and I was doing fine then.

FragelsGal

Post by FragelsGal » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:48 pm

Hmmmm,  being in a baby swing while my dad pushed me at breakfast time, listening to 'simon and garfunkel' playing on the radio, then later I went outside and threw stones at our dog!! I must have been really small to be in the baby swing, deffintely under 2.

Or being in a backpack while on my dads back as he was walking round out farm, dunno how old here but probably pretty small to be in a backpack.

I remember flying to Wellington, I still remember the taste of barley sugars I got on the plane.  I know I was 20 months old then.

I remember heaps!

Return to “General Discussion”