Euthanasia

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

mercurial

Euthanasia

Post by mercurial » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:14 pm

Most people seem to be against it, citing various reasons, not all of them convincing. I feel it's necessary, when a person's suffering from a horrible, debilitating disease like cancer. Most people in my family have died of cancer, and trust me, it's unbearable even to watch them suffer. :smt010 So one can very well imagine the pain that the actual patient goes through, words cannot describe it.

Considering all these factors, isn't euthanasia the only solution?

dhav

Post by dhav » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:19 pm

yup agreed.personally if i am suffering such an illness which has no cure till i die naturally i will choose for euthanesia.it's hard to allow our loved ones to go like this but i won't see it right to make them suffer as well.

Crow

Post by Crow » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:49 am

Euthanesia should be their own choice.  By me saying no you cannot do this, I am interfering with their own free will.  Right?

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:13 am

I believe I have no right to prolong someone else's suffering if he doesn't want to live anymore himself.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:45 am

I thoroughly agree. The only problem now lies in the legal side, because in many countries people are risking long sentences when trying to help their loved ones. That is also why some long term patients try to cope with their suffering rather than get their family or friends in trouble.

DragonKnight

Post by DragonKnight » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:02 am

no i do not agree as it is suacide

handyhippie65

euthanasia

Post by handyhippie65 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:38 pm

i agree that it should be a legal option, but you have to fight the Christians, it is technically suicide, a sin.

handyhippie65

Post by handyhippie65 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:57 pm

if you end you own life it is suicide, it could be the will of god that you should learn something by your suffering, and you have thwarted the will of god.

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:56 am

But if I am not a Christian why should I abide by those rules? Isn't this supposed to be free-will. I have a brother who is suffering from motor neurons disease and terminal bowel cancer. He has gone from an athletic healthy man to a vegetable who feels he is nothing but a burden and he now wishes to die. There is no cure for either of his conditions. I believe in quality of life not quantity of life and so does he but he can get no reprieve. He is sick and in constant pain. Why should his decision to find peace and be without pain be denied him?

Yep I agree with euthanasia and so does my family.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:50 pm

As an intellectual exercise, all manner of reasons can be proposed.

As an emotional exercise, nothing would suffice to reduce the pain of such a decision.

While I think it is wrong in principle, I do not have anyone suffering next to me.  My hubby recently went through a very bad arthritis attack and he felt we should all have the right to a peaceful exist when we felt the time was right.  What I witnessed was someone depressed by their pain.  This is my take....are we ever in the right frame of mind to make such a decision?

handyhippie65

euthanasia

Post by handyhippie65 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:52 pm

i don't follow the christian path either. i said to make it legal you have to convince them, because they wish to legislate their beliefs. i myself think it is an individual right. who does the body in which you reside belong to? if it is yours, you should be able to do with it as you please. if it is the governments, then i can see how it is it's buisiness.i beleive that your body is your own.death is a part of life, not something to be feared.

Lacky80

Post by Lacky80 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:15 am

It's cool as long as there is consent of the individual who is suffering. Personally, for me, it's a catch 22 situation, if the person is not even in senses to give consent.

Return to “General Discussion”