what do you think of interracial marriages

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:47 am

KHEM wrote:
lighting strikes twice wrote:The purpose of marriage should be - two souls united with a common purpose and that purpose should be to help one another - to know God. All other motives will lead to much unneeded suffering.
Now, I am sure the lighting that stroke you twice made you enlightened :)
Thanks for your (light) insight!

Good to meet you Khem   :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:03 am

[quote="lighting strikes twice"]The purpose of marriage should be - two souls united with a common purpose and that purpose should be to help one another - to know God. All other motives will lead to much unneeded suffering.[/quote]

I like the way you put it. Adds such a sweet purpose to this wonderful institution of marriage (really!). However, and while that may be the ultimate purpose of such a union, would you agree that this may not be the entire story, the entire reason in all marriages? Sometimes this wonderful and ultimate goal-- that I call the Existence Project, that of getting to know the maker, if you will allow me to say that old tired phrase -- may actually be something one is not ready for, yet.

Definitely, marriage (and equivalent close encounters, including those through parenthood, for which sometimes marriage becomes just an excuse!) is a way to accomplish that but may just be a preparatory stage, as often parenthood is or other relationships that are in some systems called 'old debts, old deliverables".

None of us really know for on this cosmic tape, there is no easy rewind and replay button! At least not in our hands or under our control!

While love and marriage may not always be a roll of the dice
And oft may need more'n 2 jars labelled sugar or spice
Though the WISE tell us the healing power of the splice
Perhaps more gets learned 2 through a well-appointed slice!

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:49 am

KHEM wrote:loll! Thanks Vishwas! I like the "I have always been outnumbered, but never been & never will be outgunned." That's the Griffin "speaking" :)

To pursue on the subject, in the same spirit as what wishiknew well said,
I'll add that It's a matter of thinking like a Spiritual being or a mortal. Both have different priorities and focus.

Depending on one's choice, there are certain fears that you will need to cast off forever or accept forever. You can't have both
LOL, Well the Griffin was angry with me that I wasn't speaking it language, so I had to let it speak out.

You said it well again, as long as the 2 ppl involved in a relationship aren't ready to give up all fears, the inter-racial unions wont work.

loony2ne

Post by loony2ne » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:25 pm

I, for one, have no problem with interracial marriages. It boggles my mind how much the media tries to influence the way you feel on these types of issues. I'm a bit of a rebel and don't like being told who I'm supposed to like or dislike. If I were to listen to that, I would have missed meeting a lot of great people who looked different from me. Wouldn't it be dumb not to marry someone who makes me happy just because of skin color? It's what you feel in your heart that matters, not what you see with your eyes.

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:14 pm

rohiniranjan wrote:
lighting strikes twice wrote:The purpose of marriage should be - two souls united with a common purpose and that purpose should be to help one another - to know God. All other motives will lead to much unneeded suffering.
I like the way you put it. Adds such a sweet purpose to this wonderful institution of marriage (really!). However, and while that may be the ultimate purpose of such a union, would you agree that this may not be the entire story, the entire reason in all marriages? Sometimes this wonderful and ultimate goal-- that I call the Existence Project, that of getting to know the maker, if you will allow me to say that old tired phrase -- may actually be something one is not ready for, yet.

Definitely, marriage (and equivalent close encounters, including those through parenthood, for which sometimes marriage becomes just an excuse!) is a way to accomplish that but may just be a preparatory stage, as often parenthood is or other relationships that are in some systems called 'old debts, old deliverables".

None of us really know for on this cosmic tape, there is no easy rewind and replay button! At least not in our hands or under our control!

While love and marriage may not always be a roll of the dice
And oft may need more'n 2 jars labelled sugar or spice
Though the WISE tell us the healing power of the splice
Perhaps more gets learned 2 through a well-appointed slice!

I see no other purpose. It is not about us. It is not about others. It is a call to die. When we measure others and our own spiritual growth we will be around for a very long time.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:33 pm

Not sure i agree, my husband is married to me cos he loves me above all other women.  He doesn't believe in god and would be horrified to know that he is supposed to be helping me find god.  Think he would say its my job to find him myself and happy hunting lol.

As to interracial marriages which is what this thread is really about, interracial marriages are very important for the gene pool and should be encouraged.

Suzi

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:16 pm

suzisco wrote:Not sure i agree, my husband is married to me cos he loves me above all other women.  He doesn't believe in god and would be horrified to know that he is supposed to be helping me find god.  Think he would say its my job to find him myself and happy hunting lol.

As to interracial marriages which is what this thread is really about, interracial marriages are very important for the gene pool and should be encouraged.

Suzi

Can one assume by the comments made in this thread that people are hurting? Looking for answers? I introduced God as an answer for the hurting only and I will refrain myself from any other comments. Thank you for your kindly correction.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:59 pm

[quote="Vishwas"]LOL, Well the Griffin was angry with me that I wasn't speaking it language, so I had to let it speak out.

You said it well again, as long as the 2 ppl involved in a relationship aren't ready to give up all fears, the inter-racial unions wont work.[/quote]

or intra-racial ones too, for that matter ;-)

KimSullivan

interracial marriage

Post by KimSullivan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:18 am

I too, understand that this is highly controversial, but I say love is love. who is anyone to question where another finds it? Idealistic yes, but if we get past our own fears 9and that is really all is boils down too) who cares?

Rohiniranjan

Re: interracial marriage

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:31 am

[quote="KimSullivan"]I too, understand that this is highly controversial, but I say love is love. who is anyone to question where another finds it? Idealistic yes, but if we get past our own fears 9and that is really all is boils down too) who cares?[/quote]

If I may be allowed to offer my $0.02, Kim, the love you are talking about is beyond words, logic, description, rationalization and hence cannot be given full justice in a word and thought-based medium of interaction like this. And this is fully recognized and accepted in different ways and words by many here and elsewhere.

This is the 'gap' as I see it, if I may say so. Those who have realized and directly and personally experienced such love want so badly to convey that experience and share their experienced reality with all, with the world. But words fail, words and thoughts prove to be inadequate!

Not surprising! How can one convey through words, descriptions and thoughts -- what the perfume of a rose is like, to someone who has no sense of smell or has never smelt a rose?

Briony

Post by Briony » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:31 pm

Regardless of religion or race there is a universal message of love. what ever choice a person makes they should treated with respect and dignity, Ever hear the saying, love has no boundaries( divine or otherwise).

bharatmahan

Post by bharatmahan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:29 pm

Nicely put by my friend "Khem", but i guess it still does not answer my question. Some more help please.

kgirlsmomma

It's just skin color.....

Post by kgirlsmomma » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:04 am

The color of one's skin shouldn't matter...Without the 'shell' of color and human form...we just remain as love...Some are lucky enough to see thru the shell.......

Rohiniranjan

Re: It's just skin color.....

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:20 am

[quote="kgirlsmomma"]The color of one's skin shouldn't matter...Without the 'shell' of color and human form...we just remain as love...Some are lucky enough to see thru the shell.......[/quote]

While many seem to focus on that factor (skin colour), truth be realized, racism, like beauty is not skin-deep!

One person got her rude awakening when in the west she got complimented on her beautiful and effortless even skin-tone, but when it came time for a deserved promotion...! <ahem!>

And it did not help matters one bit that she was conditioned from being raised in a great nation where a darker skin-tone, despite being the "NORM" was looked down upon!

What a sad beginning for a wonderful soul!

ram30

it doesnt work

Post by ram30 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:12 pm

inter racial marriages are not working due to diffence in culture food and complex

Return to “General Discussion”