How do you stay positive

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:02 pm

We have much to learn about staying positive and also to unlearn some things.

sweetykat

Post by sweetykat » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:55 am

lighting strikes twice wrote:We have much to learn about staying positive and also to unlearn some things.
this is soooooo   true,  i have  unlearned a lot of  things, and   working on the  new  positive me,  one  of  my  family  members  told  me   once  i was  the  most  patient  person  she  knew,  i  like  to think  it's  becsue i am  positive

wishiknew

Post by wishiknew » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:32 am

sweetykat wrote:
lighting strikes twice wrote:We have much to learn about staying positive and also to unlearn some things.
this is soooooo   true,  i have  unlearned a lot of  things, and   working on the  new  positive me,  one  of  my  family  members  told  me   once  i was  the  most  patient  person  she  knew,  i  like  to think  it's  becsue i am  positive
I'm patient, yet I find it difficult to be positive...

sweetykat

Post by sweetykat » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:57 pm

wishiknew wrote:
sweetykat wrote:
I'm patient, yet I find it difficult to be positive...
AWE try  sayin g positive  things  to  your  self  and  eventually  you  will  believe  them.

things  WILL be good  for me.    what  ever  it is   that  you  need to  be  more  positive about   thats  what  you   say  to  you    get  u p  every morning  and  say  this is  going to  be a  great  day  if  you do  that  every   morning   then  you  will  start  haivn g positive  days,   then  you start believeing the positive  :smt038

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:17 pm

Our minds automatically go to the negative - it seems to be a human trait in all of us.  Each morning think on a positive affirmation to put the day in positive mode for all your activities.  When stress takes it to negative again, try reaffirming the positive.  As the old song says...Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative,.....

jlo

Post by jlo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:35 am

I am actually a negative person and can't help but only complain when things don't go as planned . I do know that this way of thinking drains me but I find it so hard to be positive  . I hope to find some inspiration in this thread and maybe I'll change.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:34 pm

It's a habit.  Start making new habits.  Be gentle with yourself and let yourself make different choices in each moment.  
In this moment I choose to be positive.  
In the next moment I choose to be positive and grateful I was positive.

shimaxia

Post by shimaxia » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:53 pm

I've always been a more positive person than a negative one. Saying that I also know that as a person I am a run away from rather than a run to person. By that I mean I tend to bury my head a little but when disaster seems imminent then I take evasive action. Maybe one and the same thing now I think about it. I've learnt a lot in the last few months though and all in all it's the simple things in life that bring the most pleasure. Sometimes when everyone around me seems to be on a downer you have to forget the ignore them option and tell them straight for goodness sake change the record it's becoming monotonous. I've also learnt that I sometimes have to protect myself from external feelings especially grief as it can be debilitating soaking up that kind of negative energy from people who are around you. When the mountain seems too high to climb i've decided it's best to take small steps and rest frequently and take a good look around and soak up the good things and then continue as that way you'll get there in the end and most likely enjoy the journey whereas if you never start as it seems too difficult a task you'll never reach that goal you so long for. I've read quite a few interesting things here and I can't wait to put some of them into practice. Bless you all.  :)

budman200236

things could be worst

Post by budman200236 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:37 am

when I have a crappy day.  I think about how things could be worst.  I've had some messed up days in my life and I think that a bad day isn't as bad as those I've had in the past.

vyruz87

Post by vyruz87 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:57 pm

They are  abunch of sickos.
Just ignore them and think good and live in ur high spirits and think everything will happen the way u want it provided "God" accepts it and supports ur actions.

stillwalkn

calling in the light

Post by stillwalkn » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:05 pm

when I am surrounded by negativity, I call in the light from the universe, call it into my aura, so that I am surrounded by white light, it radiates through me. I picture a ball of white light above my head and then visualize a bolt of that light coming right down into the top of my head and then spreading out to fill me and my aura with light. Then I also remember that when people are verbalizing and acting out negativity it is about them, not me. I forgive them for being so difficult to be around at that moment, but I let them be wherever they need to be, unless of course if they ask for help. Then I try to find the positive that they are missing at that moment. Positive feedback is the most effective way I have found to turn a negative mood around.

Rose

Nicole

Re: calling in the light

Post by Nicole » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:46 pm

stillwalkn wrote:when I am surrounded by negativity, I call in the light from the universe, call it into my aura, so that I am surrounded by white light, it radiates through me. I picture a ball of white light above my head and then visualize a bolt of that light coming right down into the top of my head and then spreading out to fill me and my aura with light. Then I also remember that when people are verbalizing and acting out negativity it is about them, not me. I forgive them for being so difficult to be around at that moment, but I let them be wherever they need to be, unless of course if they ask for help. Then I try to find the positive that they are missing at that moment. Positive feedback is the most effective way I have found to turn a negative mood around.

Rose
I like you~!!
Your awesome...
No I mean that very much so...
You sound like my angel mom on here...:smt051

karlenespellman

Post by karlenespellman » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:43 am

Listen to Niccole. She is the best.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:26 pm

Choose the power of your own heart.

farafina

Post by farafina » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:46 am

I think the media also plays a big role in propagating negativity. Bad news, catastrophes, war zone reports are all put at the front of newspapers or as feature stories for news TV reports. When actually, it is all about sensationalism and the papers it sells, the ratings it provides.
I have found in the past two years that I can make a conscious choice not to give too much "attention" (now remember that attention means to turn one's mind towards) to the news and to judgmental comments or ideas I encounter in my daily life. Yes, they are bound to happen... But I CHOOSE not to let it occupy my mind and be "important" in my day.
Paying more attention to beautiful aspects of nature... the old tree on the side of the road, the lost bird squeeaking and taking its fly while you are stuck intraffic. Even cute babies in the subway... And then you find yourself smiling, and then you think" waw, I love people, I love nature..."
Finally, a good laugh is a fantastic way to getting rid of negativity. Coming from a 3rd world country where extreme poverty is rampant, I know that laughter has always saved the day for us, even in times of war...

That was my little contribution.. Sorry if I was long.

Return to “General Discussion”