Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Psychic Chef

Wisdom teeth

Post by Psychic Chef » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:47 am

My wife had mine ripped out cause i was too smart for my own good. :smt005

Pravin Kumar

Wisdom Tooth

Post by Pravin Kumar » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:15 pm

When one gets Wisdom it has to be at a Cost. If it really Pains then Wisdom is gained.

Anyway try Accupressure for relieving the pain. Eg. It the extreme right tooth is paining put a tight spring clip over the smallest finger of the left hand for five minutes and the pain will be gone and Wisdom gained without pain (smile). Similarly for the tooth next to it in the right side of the jaw use the clip for the finger next to the smallest finger and put a tight spring clip on it for 5 minutes.

Similarly for the left side of the tooth put tight spring clip on the right hand small finger. Wisdom gained without pain.

Another way is to put Nilgiri or Eucalyptus Oil on a cotton and put this cotton piece attached to the thumb. Actually I use Long which is used in Pan in India. I do not what it is called in english. There will be a definte reduction in pain but possibly there could be reduction in Wisdom too (smile).

Hope the Wisdom Tooth gets better.

I have a fractured tooth on my upper Jaw and this happened in an accident in 1978. I never bothered about it and when the pain subsided I never knew. Initially when I ate or drank something hot it would pain and if it was cold then too the tooth would pain. It is now totally painless since more than 25 years or so.

Pravin Kumar

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:05 pm

Wisdom teeth come in life when our mouth is already formed and full.  They can interfere in the balance of our other teeth.  (Mine came in hitting the jaw bone) They are usually removed to keep the teeth from protruding.  I am left with one of the 4.

I remember the dentist saying at the time, what beautiful teeth, it was a shame to remove them from my mouth.

dhav

Post by dhav » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:16 pm

i never thought there would be so many funny incidents about wisdom teeth.lol

ok Nicole now i will know what you mean by your small funny words

budman200236

boot camp

Post by budman200236 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:50 am

I got my wisdom teeth pulled when I was in boot camp when I was in the Marine Corps.  After three days of rest I was back to craziest they put us through. *lol* that made me forget about all the pain in my mouth...because the rest of my body was in pain too.. *lol*

vyruz87

Post by vyruz87 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:53 pm

not yet coming but hoping for 1 without any pain

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:59 pm

no gain without pain.. but i do wonder how they got the name wisdom tooth.. dont think they give u anything else other than pain!!

WhoseLineBabygirl

Post by WhoseLineBabygirl » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:18 pm

i believe i have all 4 of mine still! they grew about a few years ago, always great to have extra teeth :D

giggledoll00

Post by giggledoll00 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:17 pm

i've had one pulled already and two one the same side, come up a bit, so it hurts when i bite down - on gum or while eating - then it stops for awhile then starts up again, and this all started in the past year and a half. the forth one hasn't done anything. the one i had pulled was because it was coming up crooked and rotted out the tooth next to it, and seriously gave me killer pain in the molar tooth.  it hurt a lot.

RxiannonStorm

Post by RxiannonStorm » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:52 am

My first one came through when I was pregnant with my oldest at 27. My second one came through at 31 when I was pregnant with my second and youngest. I have, whithin the last year had both of those pulled, (have them stich it up, trust me!!!). The other 2 have yet to come through, but get this, I have a secondary wisdom tooth trying to come through where the first one was pulled!!! Arggghhh!!! Anybody else ever heard of this because my dentist was blown away.
RxiannonStorm

dhav

Post by dhav » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:34 am

Very weird indeed.Maybe the other 2 will come if you have another 2 babies. ;-)

ynot

Post by ynot » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:46 pm

Here's a big twist....I have none and have never had them pulled.  My dentist tells me that in all his years, that he's seen some people have only 2 of the 4 but I was his first pt with none.  

He said that wisdom teeth were useful when we were like cavemen, bigger features to accomodate the teeth and needing them for the diet we had years ago.  As we have evolved, kind of like the appendix really doesn't serve a purpose anymore, our wisdom teeth aren't needed either.  Now that we have evolved into smaller featured beings, these teeth don't FIT in our mouths, or really serve any purpose.

My husband was the second person this dentist had, with none of the wisdom teeth!!  We have 3 children, and son number one, has only two, son number two has none and the youngest is still too young to know.   Now, maybe when we're 71 we'll all have one heck of a surprise!  But so far, I'm wisdom toothless! lol

Return to “General Discussion”