Why would people call me by a different name?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pakrat

Why would people call me by a different name?

Post by Pakrat » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:40 am

I have been searching for an answer as to why, even after introduction and conversation, people would (but not always) call me by a different name.

This could mean they have a short term memory and be dismissed as such, but in my case it has ALWAYS been the same name.

To better understand what i am trying to ask, My name is Robert, but people i have met and or worked with, some for a period of time, have called me Bill on more than one occasion. This is usually followed (from those who have known me a while) with an "I dont know why i just called you Bill, I know your name".

Now Robert or even Rob as i go by sometimes does not sound, look, or in anyway resemble the name Bill.

I just find it odd, maybe it means nothing, maybe i should change my name to Bill to keep this from happening.

Anyway, any thoughts on this subject?

dhav

Post by dhav » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:12 am

Well according to me they feel you are named Bill.Maybe it was your name from past life.It can also be your guide's name.Many other reasons.maybe also Bill suit you more than Robert.

reactor6

Post by reactor6 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:04 pm

I've had people call me by many different names that look and sound nothing like my real name, but that has never happened to me, where many people call you by the same name but not your real name or a nickname. But I have had people come up to me and say that I look like someone they knew. Some would even insist that I was that person which is kind of silly. Maybe you look like a Bill.

drrnwynbchnbrgr

Post by drrnwynbchnbrgr » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:09 am

robert are you married and have a family    for i see robert as a man that shows his love to family and friends   Bill has this essence as well ,but gives and shows his love to the world   both very loving  but in different ways .

Pakrat

Post by Pakrat » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:33 am

Thanks for everyones input, kinda made me chuckle that maybe i look like a bill. What does a bill look like? lol

But it is all somthing to take into consideration, past life and guide name had never occured to me, maybe that has somthing to it.

And to the last poster before i started the reply, no i am not married, never was, and have no children. So maybe When i get married people will not mistake me for bill. Like i said they are all possible and maybe the mystery will be revealed in time.

butterworth

name

Post by butterworth » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:14 pm

Your name is nice I do not understand why they change it !

Minakochan

Post by Minakochan » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:52 pm

My name's Andrea, and a lot of people tend to call me "Adriana".

Sometimes the person will go on and on calling me Adriana until I question them.... "Adriana?" "oh, sorry, I mean Andrea..!"

It's funny but weird at the same time, but in my case my name sounds a bit similar.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:19 am

i have faced this too.. Swetha becomes "Shetha", Swati, Shruti and i dont know what else!

ilike2learn

Post by ilike2learn » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:47 pm

That's really interesting, Robert.

Do you feel annoyed by it or doesn't it not bother you other than curiosity?

At work, on paper lists my forename has now been changed to Carole.  I don't know who mistyped it but it isn't me.  The former repographics person who retired called me Carole as he said goodbye.  I decided then wasn't the time to correct him.

I have however, been mistaken for three different people.  I found out all their names too, it's fantastic!  I'd love to meet them all to see if there is indeed a resemblance.

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:59 am

I get this too lol  what a  laugh to see so many do.

I am Toni, and I get called Robin by a few women at work.  I always found it strange :P lol

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:30 am

i really feel irritated when people

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:40 pm

Sometimes it is just people who forget names (like me!)  Other times it could be a spirit close by that shouts out its name and that is what you hear to call the person - sort of coming from your own mind.

Seguralta

Post by Seguralta » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:42 pm

I have the same name problem
But in my case,
people often change some letters of it
not the entire name

Return to “General Discussion”