Love, Faith, Belief, Hope etc.. make our world a better place or worse?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Purple Spirit

Post by Purple Spirit » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:34 pm

Zoddn Drak and spiritalk,
Have either of you watched the movie "The Secret"?
Much of what each of you have shared coincides with this move.  I do not mean to sound stand-offish or short.  This is a subject I am passionate about, as I have just finished writing a novel on the subject.
I love this site!  There are so many different views, which makes for great discussion and insight.

Zoddn Drak

Post by Zoddn Drak » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:27 am

No I haven't seen "The Secret".

So, that's the premise to the movie... I gotta watch that sometime...

What do you think Purple Spirit? I enjoy hearing what others think.
Anyone else with 2 cents can chime in anytime, as I've always been intrigued about other people's point of view on this subject.

Thanks Spiritalk for your opinion, changing one person at a time is just fine. Ummm.... Spiritalk, I've got a question for you that doesn't pertain to this thread. Where may I ask it? It's about answer #3 on your post. Maybe a new thread?

BACK ON TOPIC:
Anything in the right/wrong hands can make the world better/worse. It's what people decide to do with it.
Yea! I'm done.

Zoddn

Callie

Post by Callie » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:53 am

Hi Spiritalk, if I am understanding what you said, the best way for us to have an impact on making a change in the world, is to turn our eyes in on ourselves. Show that we aren't afraid (to keep trying), and have hope.

I truly enjoy reading your posts. and I learn so much from them,
from you. :smt083 I can't say thank you enough, for all your help and understanding.

Callie

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:02 pm

I have seen the movie the secret - have not read the book.  I liked some of the presenters and was turned off by others.  One of the fun things I like was referencing God to the genie in a bottle.  It was put so beautifully and with much fun - IMO!  

I liked the presentation, but realized very quickly, with all the hype, that it is merely one of the natural laws and without the input of more, we can not just ask and be given.  It is never quite that simple.  I have been in discussion on the secret in other places too.

ravenfield

Post by ravenfield » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:08 pm

Zoddn Drak wrote:Hello, I personally believe that humans have an infinite capacity for both good and evil, but that doesn't make someone good, evil, or other wise. Actions and decisions are what change the world, as such they should be labeled good/evil. If enough people decided to make good decisions the world would be a better place. Faith, Hope, and Love are the three best human emotions, the saddest thing in the world is that some people forget about one or more of these emotions. That, I believe is what causes people to make evil decisions.

Love with out Hope and Faith is Jealousy.
Faith without Love and Hope is Fervor.
Hope without Love and Faith is Pointless.I hope that helped, that's just what I think.

Zoddn

Thanks Z D, for this insight and thanks all of you Seeker 345, SpiritTalk, PurpleSpirit and Callie for giving me all these introspective about life ..I must confess sometimes i am very sad and overwhelmed by the ugliness i see....I feel like an unrestful soul with nowhere to go.....i feel a relentless sense of loss and dispair..I love this forum because there are people sensitive and emotional as i am......it 's great to be here! :)  :smt006

I want  to dedicate to all of you a poem from William Blake Collection Song of Innocence...It is one of my favorite poet and visionary....I also believe as he did that children are born innocents but they loose it when they grow older as they are infleunced by the world around......
I feel Like that myself......

'Twas on a holy Thursday, their innocent faces clean,
The children walking two and two, in red, and blue, and green:
Grey-headed beadles walked before, with wands as white as snow,
Till into the high dome of Paul's they like Thames waters flow.

O what a multitude they seemed, these flowers of London town!
Seated in companies they sit, with radiance all their own.
The hum of multitudes was there, but multitudes of lambs,
Thousands of little boys and girls raising their innocent hands.

Now like a mighty wind they raise to heaven the voice of song,
Or like harmonious thunderings the seats of heaven among:
Beneath them sit the aged men, wise guardians of the poor.
Then cherish pity, lest you drive an angel from your door.

Thnaks guys.... :smt006

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:26 pm

Everything in our life is Spiritual.  Sometimes we are in denial of the truth of who we are and live our lives as if we aren't Spiritual beings.
Yes, as you grow Spiritually and love more and bring more and more light into your life, your vibration changes and it affects the world around you.  It touches the lives of others.  It can help them to raise theirs.
Just as being around a sad person, who is dark and unhappy all the time becomes a downer.

We all have choices, every moment, are we here to take from others or are we here to enhance our lives and others lives too.
Are we going to remember that we are indeed Spiritual Beings, here living a human life? In remembering we are Spiritual Beings and assume responsibility for ourselves and let the love and light shine thru, we enhance and affect those around us.  
So, to me, yes.  We have the great capacity to touch others.

Meisie

re:hi

Post by Meisie » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:56 pm

:smt006

I don't know about other people, but I myself are most of the time so confused, because just when I think I have the answer to all life's questions, I learn to know that was the wrong answer. So my guess is, you walk your life and you learn from you walks of experience and keep all the good till the end of your days.

Yes it is just a matter of opinion

Meisie (South Arica)

Return to “General Discussion”