Our Dark Side...Can Be Really Ignore It? If Not; How, Where Do We Find The Courage to Face IT?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ravenfield

Our Dark Side...Can Be Really Ignore It? If Not; How, Where Do We Find The Courage to Face IT?

Post by ravenfield » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:24 pm

:) Hello  everybody...

I have another quest we can do together and explore....Would you like to talk about each one of us inner Dark Side?  I am sure you have wonder what the other our half is made of or capable of??  :smt017

I think it is necessary to analyze myself within the whole and learn the things  i do fear about my inner nature...But i think i am to young and innocent in a sort of way to be able to reach that point of understanding acceptance and courage to know what i am made of.... :smt017

I hope you are ok with this topic ...I would love to ear and  share some views... :smt058

Thank you very much :)

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:33 pm

Exploration of our "dark" side is fun and a must, I think.  There are many really neat things in the shadows of ourselves.  I was lucky to start the exploration early in my life.  It need not be scary, it's an exploration of love and acceptance.
I visit my shadow/dark areas frequently.

dhav

Post by dhav » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:45 pm

Actually what is dark side??
Who decided which is dark side and light side?
How do we know it is dark or light?
well if they do exist then,

I feel one can direct his/her dark side in a positive way for a positive outcome.We should explore our dark sides and also have a balance between ligt and dark within.

dhav :smt020

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:40 am

I don't know if my view of the "Dark" side of ourselves is the same as others.  I have a friend whose life is stuck in their "dark" side, but its not an evil side by any standard.  He calls himself the dead man, and that's what his dark side is.  He gave up on life, love, happiness and the whole nine yards.  The only one who even comes close to his heart is his son.  He recognizes where he is, and has some wish to get back to the "light", but the dark is so familiar that he stays there and seems afraid and reluctant to venture out.  He says the only way he can is if I "Go" inside his head and help him figure it all out. (Of course I won't do that, had a few bad expierences and swore off of that)

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:51 am

For me the dark place is that stuff, beliefs, rules, attitudes that weren't ok in my family, in school, in society.  
For me, mud was not ok in the house.  I know in some parts of the world, mud is.
It wasn't ok to speak up for myself and explain when I was accused of something.  The truth was not considered, my truth was not considered at all.  
Mud went into my dark side.  Speaking up for myself.  The abused child who was so terribly hurt was in the dark, deep in shadows.  
I took a flash light and started looking to see the things in the dark.  I retrieved mud and gave it a place in the light.  Mud has it's place, not in the house, but in my life.  I look forward to making mud pies with my granddaughter.
I pulled out being able to speak up for myself and still sometimes have to explore my dark regions to bring more of me out to stand up for myself.  I did it this week and some friends on the forums helped me a great deal.
The abused child I had to work with a lot to help her out of the darkness.
I love my dark area now.  I have a wonderful seed garden and an underground cavern, with a stream. It dark, rich smelling, warm and like being in the womb of the Earth Goddess.  She visits me there and we have long walks and talks.  I meet wonderful friends.  I meet with dwarves and some elves there.  It is inside of me and for me part of the earth at the same time.
I keep exploring and finding parts to get to know.
altho it was much more foreboding when I started out, it has become this wonderful secure place of love.

dhav

Post by dhav » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:39 pm

Bandit81101 wrote:I don't know if my view of the "Dark" side of ourselves is the same as others.  I have a friend whose life is stuck in their "dark" side, but its not an evil side by any standard.  He calls himself the dead man, and that's what his dark side is.  He gave up on life, love, happiness and the whole nine yards.  The only one who even comes close to his heart is his son.  He recognizes where he is, and has some wish to get back to the "light", but the dark is so familiar that he stays there and seems afraid and reluctant to venture out.  He says the only way he can is if I "Go" inside his head and help him figure it all out. (Of course I won't do that, had a few bad expierences and swore off of that)
Sure Bandit,
There are certain individual not evil but of dark side.They are naturally like that and it won't be benefict for them to change and go to the light.For years and generation we didn't respect them as they are and cast them away.Was it or has it been fair??

dhav :smt006

dhav

Post by dhav » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:43 pm

tourbi wrote:For me the dark place is that stuff, beliefs, rules, attitudes that weren't ok in my family, in school, in society.  
For me, mud was not ok in the house.  I know in some parts of the world, mud is.
It wasn't ok to speak up for myself and explain when I was accused of something.  The truth was not considered, my truth was not considered at all.  
Mud went into my dark side.  Speaking up for myself.  The abused child who was so terribly hurt was in the dark, deep in shadows.  
I took a flash light and started looking to see the things in the dark.  I retrieved mud and gave it a place in the light.  Mud has it's place, not in the house, but in my life.  I look forward to making mud pies with my granddaughter.
I pulled out being able to speak up for myself and still sometimes have to explore my dark regions to bring more of me out to stand up for myself.  I did it this week and some friends on the forums helped me a great deal.
The abused child I had to work with a lot to help her out of the darkness.
I love my dark area now.  I have a wonderful seed garden and an underground cavern, with a stream. It dark, rich smelling, warm and like being in the womb of the Earth Goddess.  She visits me there and we have long walks and talks.  I meet wonderful friends.  I meet with dwarves and some elves there.  It is inside of me and for me part of the earth at the same time.
I keep exploring and finding parts to get to know.
altho it was much more foreboding when I started out, it has become this wonderful secure place of love.
Got you right on Tourbi.Beautifully said and I agree with you.Sometimes i got to be in dark to see the light more clearly.

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:23 pm

dhav wrote:
Bandit81101 wrote:I don't know if my view of the "Dark" side of ourselves is the same as others.  I have a friend whose life is stuck in their "dark" side, but its not an evil side by any standard.  He calls himself the dead man, and that's what his dark side is.  He gave up on life, love, happiness and the whole nine yards.  The only one who even comes close to his heart is his son.  He recognizes where he is, and has some wish to get back to the "light", but the dark is so familiar that he stays there and seems afraid and reluctant to venture out.  He says the only way he can is if I "Go" inside his head and help him figure it all out. (Of course I won't do that, had a few bad expierences and swore off of that)
Sure Bandit,
There are certain individual not evil but of dark side.They are naturally like that and it won't be benefict for them to change and go to the light.For years and generation we didn't respect them as they are and cast them away.Was it or has it been fair??

There is still light in him, I have seen it.  The easiest way to describe it is a doorway that is slightly ajar.  There is a faint light behind it, waiting for him to find it, for when he is ready.

I don't cast him out or treat him any differently because of it, at one time we even dated.  He says it's hard to be around me because he sees so much light in me and feels he can't achieve that in his life.

ravenfield

Post by ravenfield » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:11 pm

Thanks guys for sharing your views with me... :)
I am a twister always looking for  a tree to climb, not matter what...

For me the dark side is me. MySELF...I think i have been living in a sort of limbo sice i was born....

i don't know where iam right now and i think iam stuck between reason and beyond....I do not feel complete and i have many doubts about who i am, where i am going, or where i supposed to be right now......I feel like a body with no soul walking around .... no interest for life around me...

I also miss the States a little..  :smt090

SORRY FOR WHINING... :smt085

ravenfield

Post by ravenfield » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:19 pm

Hi Bandit,

I am sure not...Look my previous post...
i would like to ask you how would you help yor friend in his head? How to you cross to his dark side? Have u tried, that's why you wouldn' go? What di u find?

Sorry if i touched a very sensitive subject...I just want some closure.... :smt006 Thanks

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:45 am

ravenfield wrote:
Hi Bandit,

I am sure not...Look my previous post...
i would like to ask you how would you help yor friend in his head? How to you cross to his dark side? Have u tried, that's why you wouldn' go? What di u find?

Sorry if i touched a very sensitive subject...I just want some closure.... :smt006 Thanks
He seems to think if I go into his head I can help him figure it all out.  I have not been inside his head, but 2 of my other friends.  Back when I was first learning about all of this.  I was very visual and connected to both of them easily.  There were other things, like reading them and such, and so we decided to give it a try and see if I could "Tour" their minds.  Theirs were not good minds to tour, but hindsight is 20/20 as they say :)  In the end, it was bad, and scary, and I couldn't find my way out.  Luckily another friend happened along and helped me find the way, I can still remember the tears streaming down my cheeks.  I realized that it was much more than I was able to handle, or know how to deal with.  I was not ready then, and may never be, and so I decided that others heads was not a place for me to be.  And I have stuck by that to this day :)  Hope that helps clarify :)

dhav

Post by dhav » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:06 am

Bandit81101 wrote:
dhav wrote:
Sure Bandit,

There is still light in him, I have seen it.  The easiest way to describe it is a doorway that is slightly ajar.  There is a faint light behind it, waiting for him to find it, for when he is ready.

I don't cast him out or treat him any differently because of it, at one time we even dated.  He says it's hard to be around me because he sees so much light in me and feels he can't achieve that in his life.
Hey Bandit,

Time will tell if you shoudl help him or if he is meant to be like this.Darkness is part of the creation :smt006

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:13 am

[quote="dhav]

Hey Bandit,

Time will tell if you shoudl help him or if he is meant to be like this.Darkness is part of the creation :smt006[/quote]

I Have tried to help him, I just refuse to go into his head.   I had helped him for a bit, while we were dating.  But it didn't work out, and he slipped back in to his darkness.

dhav

Post by dhav » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:23 am

Bandit81101 wrote:[quote="dhav]

Hey Bandit,

Time will tell if you shoudl help him or if he is meant to be like this.Darkness is part of the creation :smt006
I Have tried to help him, I just refuse to go into his head.   I had helped him for a bit, while we were dating.  But it didn't work out, and he slipped back in to his darkness.[/quote]

All I want to ask is he suffering in this darkness?Is he fighting against it to be light?

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:38 am

dhav wrote:
Bandit81101 wrote:[quote="dhav]

Hey Bandit,

I Have tried to help him, I just refuse to go into his head.   I had helped him for a bit, while we were dating.  But it didn't work out, and he slipped back in to his darkness.
All I want to ask is he suffering in this darkness?Is he fighting against it to be light?[/quote]
He says that he doesn't want to be in the dark but that he has given up on believing that he deserves anything else.  He seems more depressed now then when I first met him, but he won't go into the effects it has on him, he just says his darkness is taking over and he should be feared.

Return to “General Discussion”