Our Dark Side...Can Be Really Ignore It? If Not; How, Where Do We Find The Courage to Face IT?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

dhav

Post by dhav » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:54 am

Bandit81101 wrote:
dhav wrote:
Bandit81101 wrote:[quote="dhav]

Hey Bandit,

Time will tell if you shoudl help him or if he is meant to be like this.Darkness is part of the creation :smt006
I Have tried to help him, I just refuse to go into his head.   I had helped him for a bit, while we were dating.  But it didn't work out, and he slipped back in to his darkness.
All I want to ask is he suffering in this darkness?Is he fighting against it to be light?
He says that he doesn't want to be in the dark but that he has given up on believing that he deserves anything else.  He seems more depressed now then when I first met him, but he won't go into the effects it has on him, he just says his darkness is taking over and he should be feared.[/quote]

As Many said where there is a will there is a way.He got the will and it will to come him.Maybe he should be there for soem reason and will be out in light after at the right time.As long as there is the ajar door there is still hope.

dhav

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:59 am

As long as the door is ajar there is still hope :)  LOL  I have told him almost exactly those same words sooooooooooo many times.  And all he can reply is "I can't believe you haven't given up on me yet!" lol :)  I still have hope that he will find his way out.  The spirits talk to him, and he can tell there is another world he doesn't understand.  He just seems so afraid to change to what he isn't used to.  But I believe that one day he will find that way and find happiness and love within himself :)

dhav

Post by dhav » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:22 am

Blessings to him and you as well Bandit.He is lucky to have a great friend as you,who never leave him and has hope for him.

dhav ;-)

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:56 pm

Awwwww, thanks :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:23 pm

Bandit81101 wrote:I don't know if my view of the "Dark" side of ourselves is the same as others.  I have a friend whose life is stuck in their "dark" side, but its not an evil side by any standard.  He calls himself the dead man, and that's what his dark side is.  He gave up on life, love, happiness and the whole nine yards.  The only one who even comes close to his heart is his son.  He recognizes where he is, and has some wish to get back to the "light", but the dark is so familiar that he stays there and seems afraid and reluctant to venture out.  He says the only way he can is if I "Go" inside his head and help him figure it all out. (Of course I won't do that, had a few bad expierences and swore off of that)
I am a firm believer in personal responsibility - your friend will have to find the path to his own 'light'.  Something that struck me though was....we often witness those spirit entities who are afraid to enter the light for many reasons and I truly hope this is not your friend.  Those 'stuck' remain in a fog and perhaps he is in this place, even as he lives his earth life.  This will not change without his own wish for change.  

Be an example of 'something else' to strive for in his struggles.  Perhaps with your prayers and example, he can find a way.

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:26 pm

spiritalk wrote:
Bandit81101 wrote:I don't know if my view of the "Dark" side of ourselves is the same as others.  I have a friend whose life is stuck in their "dark" side, but its not an evil side by any standard.  He calls himself the dead man, and that's what his dark side is.  He gave up on life, love, happiness and the whole nine yards.  The only one who even comes close to his heart is his son.  He recognizes where he is, and has some wish to get back to the "light", but the dark is so familiar that he stays there and seems afraid and reluctant to venture out.  He says the only way he can is if I "Go" inside his head and help him figure it all out. (Of course I won't do that, had a few bad expierences and swore off of that)
I am a firm believer in personal responsibility - your friend will have to find the path to his own 'light'.  Something that struck me though was....we often witness those spirit entities who are afraid to enter the light for many reasons and I truly hope this is not your friend.  Those 'stuck' remain in a fog and perhaps he is in this place, even as he lives his earth life.  This will not change without his own wish for change.  

Be an example of 'something else' to strive for in his struggles.  Perhaps with your prayers and example, he can find a way.
One can hope :)  and I remind him when I do speak with him that I still believe in him.  If one day he so chooses to find something else in himself, that I believe he can.  He shut himself off so long ago that it is second nature to him, but I have faith :) lol I am what he calls an eternal optimist lol :)

ravenfield

Post by ravenfield » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:33 am

Dear Bandit,
Thanks for your reply....Yes it does clarify... Your friend is very lucky to have someone like you, very close...A person who is very sensitive, careful and caring....Goddess know how important it is not to feel alone or isolated...I pray for your friend and you....Lots of huggies...Blessed Be  :smt058  :smt002

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:07 am

ravenfield wrote:Dear Bandit,
Thanks for your reply....Yes it does clarify... Your friend is very lucky to have someone like you, very close...A person who is very sensitive, careful and caring....Goddess know how important it is not to feel alone or isolated...I pray for your friend and you....Lots of huggies...Blessed Be  :smt058  :smt002
:smt003   Thank you. Though as of late it has been a one sided relationship with him, I let him know that I am always there for him when he decides to come back around :)

atime2heal

Guilt is the teacher, Love is the lesson by Joan Borysenko

Post by atime2heal » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:50 am

Book: Guilt is the teacher, Love is the lesson by Joan Borysenko

This author has some great stuff to say about our shadow sides.

In~Joy

Return to “General Discussion”