Can one give love but not receive it?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

MangoTango

Post by MangoTango » Thu May 29, 2008 1:14 am

thanks! i just hate finally opening up to just have the door slam shut again. i hate change. more for me to learn

karlenespellman

Post by karlenespellman » Thu May 29, 2008 4:49 am

MT,
That's where we differ. I love change. Not always the way it happens to start, but what I get out of it.
Why it happened. What I'll learn from it, so I won't repete my mistakes. What I learn from it to move on.
Plus it's not the same-ol-same-ol.
Also keep in mind, I have 4 teenagers. Nothing is ever the same.lol
Don't fight life, just roll with it. You will enjoy it more if you accept it and go with the flow, over
becoming a Salmon and swimming up stream with bears.
Lots of love to you.
Karlene

Your_Enlightenment

Re: Can one give love but not receive it?

Post by Your_Enlightenment » Sat May 31, 2008 3:33 am

luvislikeh2o wrote:Can one give love but not receive it?

Example man or woman gives love to family, friends, strangers in need
but a man or woman comes along an gives him or her love but they do
not accept.

So is it possible to give love and not accept / receive love?
Generally, good is when one is both giving away and accepting love energy. However, when one gives away his or her love and does not accept any, then the respective case depends on all the circumstances: Has the person another source of love when he or she gives love energy away? How much of love respective person needs or can he or she give away some without acceptation of any? How much love energy respective induvidual already accepted in his or her life and how much is he or she able to give away without returning? It is necessary to ask about all before the making of any conclusion.

preethi.b

Can one give love but not receive it?

Post by preethi.b » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:50 pm

Hi,
   I feel its possible,coz i hav personally experinced it,there was a point in my life where i was truly,madly in love with this guy whom i have never even met,but i wished he would never fall in love with me and i only wished 4 his friendship and not more than that,actually i still love him no matter what. Im so unluckly that i even lost his friendship..... :smt010  
             Anyways, so i guess its true that "one can love but not receive it",ofcourse the decision for not receiveing or accepting love might be for different reasons for different people..... But i guess that person is really unlucky who cant accept love...... Its also true that you cant accept every ones love and thats one of the reasons why you actually decide not 2 accept love.....
      Love is so confusing for sure...... Its so difficult to realise if it is really love or not..... There are times when i have asked myself so many times is it really love what i feel for him or no. If its not love then what is it. I have not seen him, i have never met him,but the feelings what i have for him,i have never had this feelings for anyone.... Most of the time there were certain things i felt for him or thought for him and when i had a conversation with him,whatever i had felt or thought, everything was coming true exactly the way i had felt.... What should i call this as....."Conisidence"......can each and everytime and everything that comes true can be named as " JUST NOTHING BUT CONISIDENCE"................

Love is so confusing........

Love......
Preethi

Caroline229

Hello Everyone :)

Post by Caroline229 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:56 am

this is my fist time on here and I normaly do not do post but....this particular post caught my eye. I had just wanted to say what my thoughts and feelings were on this matter.  

I as everyone has all over woundered this same question that was asked and I skimmed and read a few of the post on here.  I was in a situation well i guss still am going through it. I was with someone for 4 years and he cheated on me and we split a year ago now.  We have a son together and he did not believe in the same thing that I do and I still loved him it did not change a thing for me.  Some of the post have said maybe its not really love and different feelings and yes love is confussing and blinding very blinding!! He hurt me really bad and broke promises to me and I still am in love him and I know he is my sole mate I have never and never will feel this way about another man. I have tried moving on and most of its me but I want to but dont want to move on.

I had told him even that he is my sole mate and he told me we cant be. but I know we are and he is the one I want to marry.  I cant even describe it its just a feeling I have.  I know its love because of all the scams and lies he has told me since hes left I have never talked bad about him and would take him back.  It would not be easy to trust him that is for sure and def. counseling would have to be involved since I still have some anger.  The thing is for my situation even though he told me we couldnt be solemates he changed alot he is not the same man when he is with her but when he is alone or even sometimes on the phone I just know he is the man that I fell in love with and still love.  

At one point everyone has loved and got it in return and when it ends I think a person can still love another and not get it in return

Caroline229

Hello Everyone :)

Post by Caroline229 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:56 am

this is my fist time on here and I normaly do not do post but....this particular post caught my eye. I had just wanted to say what my thoughts and feelings were on this matter.  

I as everyone has all over woundered this same question that was asked and I skimmed and read a few of the post on here.  I was in a situation well i guss still am going through it. I was with someone for 4 years and he cheated on me and we split a year ago now.  We have a son together and he did not believe in the same thing that I do and I still loved him it did not change a thing for me.  Some of the post have said maybe its not really love and different feelings and yes love is confussing and blinding very blinding!! He hurt me really bad and broke promises to me and I still am in love him and I know he is my sole mate I have never and never will feel this way about another man. I have tried moving on and most of its me but I want to but dont want to move on.

I had told him even that he is my sole mate and he told me we cant be. but I know we are and he is the one I want to marry.  I cant even describe it its just a feeling I have.  I know its love because of all the scams and lies he has told me since hes left I have never talked bad about him and would take him back.  It would not be easy to trust him that is for sure and def. counseling would have to be involved since I still have some anger.  The thing is for my situation even though he told me we couldnt be solemates he changed alot he is not the same man when he is with her but when he is alone or even sometimes on the phone I just know he is the man that I fell in love with and still love.  

At one point everyone has loved and got it in return and when it ends I think a person can still love another and not get it in return

Return to “General Discussion”