Politcs and Spirituality just my thoughts what are yours?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Corvuequis

Politcs and Spirituality just my thoughts what are yours?

Post by Corvuequis » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:26 pm

Do you vote? Does your spirituality affect the way you vote?

Politics is a huge interest of mine, mostly because there is no single politician out there that represents my interests. I like lot of the republican ideas, however the religious fanatics in their vanguard scare me witless. On the other hand the democrats scare me with their politically correct thought control. Many times I have cast my vote on the lesser of two evils. This year will be different though. This year I am voting for Obama. This is the first time I will be voting for someone I can believe in.

Whisper

Post by Whisper » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:45 am

I appreciated your post.  Yes, I do vote.  In fact voting day is a whole family activity.  I take all the kids with me and they go into the voting booth with me.  We often discuss the elections beforehand and they get to have their say about who is running and what they think about it all.  I have to say that my spirituality does influence how I see the world and that includes how I see the priorities of the people running.  I agree that both parties have their scary attributes. I try to really pay attention to both what is said and what is not said.  There is as much to be learned from the tone of their ads as there is to the content.  I have had the priveledge of seeing them both speak in person and it is very interesting to watch how they deal with people.  The outcome of this election is not as concerning to me as what we might expect from our current president before he leaves office.

Corvuequis

Post by Corvuequis » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:10 am

truly I believe that Bush has been the worst president ever. The worst part is that he used religion to get where he is.

Return to “General Discussion”