What Color Are You Drawn To?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:27 pm

Hi Ash!

Silver is the color of night mysteries, the divine feminine, the moon, and cycles. It is also protective to those that wear silver jewelry. Blue is a highly spiritual color, and is a healing color. It helps to raise your awareness levels too and black is very protective. I have noticed that black tends to be worn by a lot of people these days, when in the 50's and earlier, it was only worn if someone passed away as a sign of mourning. Black became known as protective because of it's link with cemeteries and the wearing of it is supposed to protect you from the unseen/unknown. However, black is also a color of the unknown. Hot pink is a combination color of white, which is purity and of red which is vitality, health, anger, passion and well I could go on all day! lol I hope this helps!

Gentle Hugs,

Julie
The Universe Always Keeps Her balance. Lady Karma always shines through the darkness....

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:27 pm

Dear hthrshorty,

Purple is a color of royalty, psychic awareness and many other things. Pink, as in hot pink too is also the same combination color, but because yours is pink it represents a higher love, as in un-conditional love. This is what the color is teaching you.

Gentle Hugs,

Julie
The Universe Always Keeps Her balance. Lady Karma always shines through the darkness....

Ashs92lude

Post by Ashs92lude » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:47 am

Hello JewelOfTheSouth,

Thank you very much for the information. I didn't even know certain colors ment so many different things. Nice to know.

Ash
He that respects himself is safe from others; He wears a coat of mail that none can pierce.

hthrshorty

Post by hthrshorty » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:30 am

Hello Jewelofthesouth,                                                                                                                                                                     Thanks very much for the interpertation of the colors because because all of my clothes are either pink or purple but mostly pink for my nursing job. My bathroom is in purple flowers. hthrshorty

Emelita

Post by Emelita » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:21 pm

six years ago i was  drawn to black, but this summer only bright colors like bright yellow, bright green are my favourite.

Marion

Post by Marion » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:00 pm

I have always loved blue. I love lots of other colours but that is the one I am drawn to the most.

Hugs
Marion
*•♥’,.•♥’,.•*♥’,.♥•*
  *•’ ♥`Maz´♥•*
*•♥’,.•♥’,.•*♥’,.♥•*

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:10 pm

Hello Ash, hthrshorty, And Emelita!

Colors are wonderful and they can even determine our moods and how we interact with others. They have different meanings sometimes in dreams, it simply depends. In waking life, they are indicative of who you are today.

hthrshorty: Wearing pink for your nursing job tells me you truely care about those you help and also you seem to have an unconditional love for those who are ill, as well as those who are not. You do a lot of thinking in terms pf spiritual things in your bathroom, perhaps at bath time. Purple is always a call to the more psychic side of ourselves.

Emelita: Your outloook on life has changed over the past few years for the better. You have a happy, upbeat dispostion. The colors are indicative of that.

Please all of you remember that each color also has a negative side and also, we wear the colors that draw in to us colors our aura's are missing. Colors are very important!

Gentle Hugs,

Julie

hthrshorty

Post by hthrshorty » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:14 pm

Jewekofthesouth, This is very interesting. I was thinking about this the other night. The things we buy like popri, color of towels and candles, body spray etc....... Thanks for your input....

MystikalGizmo

Color I'm drawn to.

Post by MystikalGizmo » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:13 am

Hello.
My color has always been blue.
I dont know what it is about that color but I've always been drawn to it and it has to be a medium to dark blue. No other shades
Always follow your heart since it will never mislead you

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:31 pm

It's true that we will buy anything in our favorite color first before any other color, however, every color we use for whatever reason has an effect good and not so good. The color blue is my color as well but it didn't begin that way. Blue is a spiritual color and also represents healing and spiritual gifts and the more spiritually inclined.

Thank you all for helping to make this a wonderful thread! Keep on posting!

Gentle Hugs,

Julie

farafina

Post by farafina » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:46 pm

:smt006
Hi all,

I am really drawn to turquoise blue!!!!

Lizzy

Post by Lizzy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:56 pm

when I was a kid it was red and then purple, but now I really like browns and greens, especially the darker tones of these.  Orange is also a favorite of mine.   :smt003
There are things that are known and things that are unknown and Inbetween there are doors...

Molissa

Post by Molissa » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:32 am

greens. (not lime green) and turquoise blue/teals.  always been those colors.  I like other colors, wear them and decorate with them, but the ones mentioned and white are my main color.  I think that says I'm probably boring! lol.
Caution: I brake for faeries, elves, dragons, unicorns and other mystical creatures only I can see.

JewelOfTheSouth

The Color Red

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:01 pm

Color Red

Red is the warmest of all colors. Red is the color most chosen by extroverts and one of the top picks of males. On the negative side red can mean temper or anger. In China, red is the color of prosperity and joy. Brides wear red and front doors are often painted red. Red is Tuesday's color. Red roses symbolize passionate love. Ruby rings should be worn on the left hand. Red is the color of Mars. This planet is known as the God of War.

Red Energy

Red is associated with fiery heat and warmth. It can also mean danger (burning).

Red is the color of blood, and as such has strong symbolism as life and vitality. It brings focus to the essence of life and living with emphasis on survival. Red is also the color of passion and lust.

Put some red in your life when you want:

increased enthusiasm and interest
more energy
action and confidence to go after your dreams
protection from fears and anxieties

Red gem stone properties

Red gemstones can be used to strengthen the body, promote will power and courage, add vitality, overcome sexual dysfunctions. Carry or place red gemstones around your home or office to stimulate vitality and energy.

Wearing Red

Wear a red accent piece when you want to present yourself as bold and dynamic. It can boost your confidence if you are attending a function or interview where you feel unsure of yourself.

If a woman wears a red dress it usually is associated with sex appeal.

Chakra associated with Red:

Red is the color associated with the Root Chakra at the base of the spine (animal or base nature). This chakra deals with life at the level of practicality. It is responsible for maintaining the body's heat and has a relationship with the circulatory system.

JewelOfTheSouth

The Color Pink

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:04 pm

Color Pink

Pink is the color of universal love. Pink is a quiet color. Lovers of beauty favor pink. A pink carnation means "I will never forget you".

Pink Energy

Pink is a combination of red and white. The quality of energy in pink is determined by how much red is present. White is the potential for fullness, while red helps you to achieve that potential. Pink combines these energies. Shades of deep pink, such as magenta, are effective in neutralizing disorder and violence. Some prisons use limited deep pink tones to diffuse aggressive behaviour.

Pink provides feelings of caring, tenderness, self-worth and love, acceptance.

Put some pink in your life when you want:

calm feelings
to neutralize disorder
relaxation
acceptance, contentment

Pink gem stone properties

Pink gemstones can be used to promote love, self-worth, order and protection from violence or aggression. Carry or place pink gemstones around your home or office to stimulate love and beauty.

Wearing Pink

Wear pink when you want to present yourself as a peaceful, calm person who is not threatening. The softer shades are very feminine and darker shades will alleviate feelings of friction.

Return to “General Discussion”