Who do you say "God" is?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ec

Post by ec » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:00 am

I agree with 7foot indian in many ways but want to add that my god is

love.........which is an absence of fear..... Bigger than me and me at the same time...... creation in every sense....our creation and our own creations.... this is what god is to me

blimey what a huge question to have asked...maybe god is the only one who can comprehend the answer!!! he he!!

ollieowl

Post by ollieowl » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:57 am

prasanna wrote:Good understanding about Godliness,  dear  ollieowl.  

I am wondering now about your shown age  n this  forum now.  Because U must be the eldest person of this entire site.  I wish , You should correct your profile now. Thanks for correcting, if  it is  really wrong, and Ignore my doubt if u are really  an elder,  please.

Regards,
you be right about my profile but I Believe my age is relevant it the wisdom
I give out is more important
I hope I not to offend thee

Silvaglo

Post by Silvaglo » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:48 pm

7 Foot Indian Posted;

Code: Select all

Elohim 

In order to understand what spirit and soul are, perhaps it is more important to ask what is God. To me, God is all that is, all that was and all that ever will be. It is said that he has referred to himself as "I Am," meaning he simply exists. He is what he is. Another name that has been used for God is Elohim. There are many interpretations of this word, one of which is the reference to one entity made of many, for instance a family. If God is one entity made of many, and God is also all His creations, then we too are a part of God. We are one family. If God is spirit/energy/essence and we too, are spirit, then what is His purpose for us? We often ask the question, what is our purpose as individuals, rather than turning the question on its head and asking what my purpose is as it pertains to the whole or better yet, what is His purpose. 

Imagine a single unit. It is divided into pieces, each to serve a unique role. Although each individual has its own purpose, together they serve to perform a single job. That begs the question again, what is the purpose of this life? Could it be to simply experience it, to experience life in all its glory, or misery depending on one's perception? Could it be to experience the confines of the flesh, the temptations it brings, the range of emotions, the interactions with other beings and interactions with parts of ourselves? Could it simply be to understand how to work individually and cohesively despite the trappings of being an individual? What better way to understand self/purpose, than to understand and to truly see how we fit into the whole. Each of our experiences and thoughts feed into it. With each thought and action that is made, we begin to understand ourselves as individuals. And as we begin to understand ourselves as individuals, we begin to see how we affect all that is around us. If we can truly understand how we each affect each other, perhaps this leads us to a single collective agreement, an agreement of mutual understanding, unconditional acceptance and unconditional love. In the end we all serve a purpose.
This is a wonderful post and this is pretty much how I see God, hence....Supreme Being, Omni-Potent, Universe, Tetragrammaton (unknowable), Most High.

My belief is that we are all a part of the Supreme Being and the Supreme Being is a part of all of us. I believe that we all have good and evil in us and it is up to us which way to go. I do not believe in Satan and never have, I think, personally that this is the dark side of each individual and as I said above, we all of good and evil aspects to our personalities and we all have a choice in this.

These are just my personal thoughts! :)

Zoddn Drak

Yahweh...

Post by Zoddn Drak » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:12 pm

Hebrew for I AM is Yahweh, or as some people are more familiar with it, Jehovah, or the LORD. The God of the Bible, both the Old Testament, and the New. The Father in the Trinity, according to most, but I think even that is too limited. I think the whole Trinity is God. Jesus the Son, God the Father, and The Holy Spirit, each one facet of God.

I was recently Saved... and as such, am bringing the Word with me where ever I go. Right here, and right now, I say that:

1. I believe the Bible to be the revealed Will of God.
2. I love God with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength.
3. I believe that faith in Jesus is the ONLY way to Heaven.
and
4. I'm just presenting what I believe, and won't impose my beliefs on anyone else. It's God who Saves, it's my job to spread the message.

Zoddn

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:01 pm

Peace Zoddn Drak...Love and light to you.. :)

Silvaglo

Post by Silvaglo » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:25 am

lol ec, I believe you've answered that quite well,

Code: Select all

blimey what a huge question to have asked...maybe god is the only one who can comprehend the answer!!! he he!! 
 :smt115

Zoddn Drak

Post by Zoddn Drak » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:07 am

I pray God blesses you all, completely and abundantly.

Zoddn

nancyrella

Post by nancyrella » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:30 am

1) Our reaction to the unknown.
   A manifestation of our hope and faith in ourselves.
   Ultimately we pray to ourselves after all it kind of ends up us doing the change.

2) What society and centuries of 'truth' has told us.
   Fear what you do to others and the fear shall save you.

3) Something we can't explain or comprehend quite yet.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:47 am

God is spirit.  Spirit flows in and through all life.

kalimullah_3

Who do you say "God" is?

Post by kalimullah_3 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:22 am

God is a psychological need of every person. Every person always thinks who created this word from the very beginning of this world, maybe million of years back. When he find helpless at any stage, he think or more correctly wish that there should be any power, which is not helpless like him.
So he start thinking of that power, usually reach at a conclusion, that there is a god. In rear cases could not reach at any conclusion.
But there is a difference of opinion about the definition of god, which created different religion.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:15 pm

Perhaps it could be considered like a puzzle - each of us  - individually or collectively as in religious gatherings - having a piece of that puzzle?

kalimullah_3

Post by kalimullah_3 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:20 pm

Yes Spiritalk, I agree with you. It is a puzzle which cannot be solved by our present mind capability. Also no one can solve it in such a way that all agree with his conclusion.

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:54 pm

The answer to the puzzle is in another thread about love.

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:21 am

My thought is that God is everywhere at all times, God is the energy of all that exists (and doesn't exist).

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:48 pm

Above and beyond the love we understand is a description of God.  No, there is yet to be any consensus that reaches all for description of God.

Return to “General Discussion”