What Color Are You Drawn To?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Betrayed

Post by Betrayed » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:07 pm

I like rainbows.

O_____O raaaaaaaainboooooooowssss

(I'm drawn to sky and pastel blues I think)

Son of Rah

Post by Son of Rah » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:58 pm

I have always been drawn to the colour blue from the turqouise, sky blue, navy blue and indigo, but I like most colours that resemble the chakras, violet/purple is a fav as is gold and silver

Minakochan

Post by Minakochan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:03 pm

I love red. It's my all-time favorite color.
But when it comes to choosing images (like desktop wallpapers) I tend to be attracted mostly to "cold" colors like blue and black.
For clothes I always prefer black (although I don't reject most other colors)

One color that is really tough for me to be attracted to is green. Ever since I was a kid. And today I have a difficulty  in eating any "green" food (except for a minor few like lettuce - the lighter kind, I don't know what the name is in english/america but in Brazil it's called "alface americano" or "american lettuce" - collard green and cucumber...).
Sometimes I would feel really nauseous when eating something green (like spinach, peas or pickles), almost feeling like bringing it all out again.
I'm not sure if that's conscious or not. Maybe it's because I been repelling green for so long....

wishfulthinking641

Post by wishfulthinking641 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:29 am

Im not a master at any of these things but I remember from a choir ACT activity I had, there's a similar effect to sound and color. People would have notes represent a certain color. I believe alot of colors revolve around aura and or the seven chakras, each has its own feeling. I have ADD and I used to tend to relate certain feelings with objects and It really helped me alot

prabakaran_cad

Post by prabakaran_cad » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:16 am

I drawn towards Green

katrinafans

color

Post by katrinafans » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:33 pm

I liked redn yellow before..but now its dark blue n black..

ARCHITECT MANSI

Post by ARCHITECT MANSI » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:19 am

WELL IM DRAWN TO BLACK,BROWN AND DARK PURPLE.THEY PORTRAY ROYALTY

soul_wick

Post by soul_wick » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:51 am

:smt017 thats a tough one I am drawn to several colors but i have reasons now wether they are correct views to most people I dont know... mainly purple for its healing qualities blue makes me feel clean... brown against blues and pinks and purples... i am learning about the properties of colors so maybe ill type back later

mariamaria

indeed colors change, as we do too

Post by mariamaria » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:09 am

my favorite color was blue and then I went through a very very red era. Now at 32 and as painter, I have dificulty chosing colors and naming them too. I studied color for a long time at university and found out that what realy interests me are the different shades of a color.
So now I am totally obsessed about the shades and all possible mixes between green, Grey and  brown. these 3 "colors" when mixed together in as many combinations as possible seem like the only ones on earth for me.
it is as if I have discarded all already named colors, and only see the shades of that color.

maybe it is because at university we were not allowed to use colors that were already made "out of the tube"; but had to create and mix our own shades of colors from the 3 primary colors: cyan blue, magenta pink, cadmium yellow. we could not even use black, we had to mix and mix and mix until we got the right black.

so I spent hours and hours of my life making colors, and now shades and combinations are all I can see.

interesting post, thank you
maria from Portugal

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:19 pm

How wonderful that so many have posted! I have been gone for a long time, and I am delighted to see that the posts are still coming in on these burning questions!

Gentle Hugs,

Julie

bybybybyon

Post by bybybybyon » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:34 pm

Mine is blue, which makes me think of smiling at the high high sky when small. It seems like some taste of freedom.

kricket

Colours

Post by kricket » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:46 pm

I have always been drawn to purple, I feel it is a very spiritual colour.

Cali4niaGirlz

Post by Cali4niaGirlz » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:22 pm

When I was a child, I loved soft pink. I guess because I was supposed to, being a girl and all.... But I liked it. When my teen years came, I hated pink -- it represented a little girl, and I was no longer!! I then liked blue, especially a darker-grey blue. When I became a young adult, I liked green, forest green to be exact. When I had my first baby, I loved pink again. I'm sure it was because I had a little girl. As she was growing up, I felt the need to have a more "grown-up" color, and decided that since I really have always liked blue, I was drawn to sky blue. I loved the sky.... When I had my second girl, I was obsessed with purple, actually lavender.

I then mellowed out the purple and try to keep with earthy colors. However, to this day, I'll have to say that I still love the color blue....

hmmmmmmmmm, this is very enlightening. I never knew I changed that much!!!

wraithhurler

Post by wraithhurler » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:14 pm

when i was younger i like the color black.  :smt003  im still young.
black has always been my favorite color but now it has change to red. which is weird because i found out this year that a have a red aura.

pawpaw

Post by pawpaw » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:35 am

when i was a little boy, i like green, dark green to be exact
then over the years black , white begin to take over as my favourite colour
not sure why though

Return to “General Discussion”