What do you REQUIRE from loved ones? Love, respect, loyalty, or attention?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

childofazna

What do you REQUIRE from loved ones? Love, respect, loyalty, or attention?

Post by childofazna » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:42 pm

What is essential, the most meaningful to you?
You would think they all go hand in hand. If you have one,
then they would all naturally follow.  All are needed and wanted,
but if you had to choose ONE that is vital, critical for your happiness,
that you've noticed sends you into a tizzy, if you DON'T receive or have,.....which would it be?
I am sure there are other requirements, but looking at my immediate
circle of loved ones,  and deciding for myself what I thought they would
choose out of the 4 choices, then ASKING them to choose one for themselves, and one another,  Well, needless to say, we were all
correct about each other.
Very recently I was enlightened by my higher source/s to this fact,
and how I was so wrapped up in my "REQUIREMENT", I couldn't see THEIRS.
I am a little embarrassed that it has taken me this long
to acknowledge or to become aware of this. I know that this
revelation of mine comes in many different forms for everybody,
but for my thick skull, this is how I finally "GOT IT",  
so I thought I would share.

Molissa

Post by Molissa » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:06 pm

From loved ones, I require nothing.
I give willingly, and they receive.  When they give, I receive.  Somehow, it works beautifully.
If given because of a requirement, then I don't feel a joy with the giving or receiving.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:49 am

I would rather not expect anything from anyone, especially not Loved ones. But there is 2 things that every person needs from their loved ones, whether they believe they need it or not, they do, everyone does, they are:

1. Acceptance - Accepting you who are without any conditions.

2. Trust - As long as our loved ones trust us, we are strong, both inside & outside. One of my all time favourite quote goes like this "It is more important to be trusted than to be loved" - Anon.

mystic67

Post by mystic67 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:34 pm

Not trying to change me into someone else is important. Consideration for each other's desires.
Respect for each other. :)

And I love a good sense of humor and sharp mind!

Donna

Mathster

Post by Mathster » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:05 am

:)  Smiles  

Unconditional

stormbay

Post by stormbay » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:07 am

All you require from loved ones, is loving acceptance. In fact that's all you need in life. Without it, all you have is you and that's a pretty empty feeling unless your egocentric, or a psychopath.

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:48 am

All require from a loved one is simply something that I give to myself and that is the ability to love them for just who they are... It is nice when they love me back but not required... I will feel how I do no matter what they feel in return... *shrugs* I know not many people feel that way... but I do

Light, love, and Blessings,
                                      Nyte

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:07 pm

Your mission on earth, should you choose to accept it, is to give love and receive love.  No one said you had to like the messenger of tthat love.  But love is the key to life.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:31 pm

Is my love un-conditional - yep. Does my friendship have strings - nope.
But the ones I truly value and the ones who stay are those who are confident enough in our relationship to know that no matter how things are day to day we'll still be connected.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:34 pm

Perhaps that's cop-out-well I know it is.
What I require is the knowledge that if I lean back - they'll be there, just as I will be for them.

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:06 pm

Hm, I've always felt that I got taken for granted and that I could take nothing for granted myself.

As for the options you lay out, I would require attention (although I would prefer to call it 'time') - love, trust, and loyalty must already be present for me to want to have anything to do with them in first place - all that is required then is the ability to spend time together.

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:04 pm

The important thing, is that childofazna learned the lesson.  Too many others out there continue to live with thsoe 'requirements', and conditional love.

SamiraRose

Post by SamiraRose » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:16 am

I don't know if I really -require- anything, but after some thought, I guess as long as they accept my love, regardless of what they do with it. Yes, all of the things mentioned in the OP are nice, but not an absolute requirement. If I love you, I love you, and if I don't, I don't.

Samira

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:36 pm

Some believe, love is all there is...all that exists, all that has ever existed.  It is just our outer shell, or bodies that separates us from being one giant energy mass of love.   Not loving another, means not loving yourself.  Making demands and requirements on another, means making demands & requirements on yourself. Seeing each other, as separate, is where conflicts arise.  These conflicts should teach us lessons to return to the concept of love being all that exists.

Career Coach

What do I expect of Loved Ones?

Post by Career Coach » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:33 am

We all have expectations of others.  Without expectations, we become doormats.  This is life.  And while an altruistic Aquarian such as myself might say that it's not right to expect anything of anyone, I don't believe that's true.  I expect honesty, kindness and the right to disagree respectfully.  The same values I give out are the ones I want to receive.

Return to “General Discussion”