Indigo Children - Maybe you are an indigo child?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:14 pm

Nannee:  There is nothing SPECIAL about it.  Indigo is a challenge to be sure.  It can occur in the able bodied and the disabled body.  It is about the ability to find their niche in life and feeling out of sorts with all their environment.

NAAANEE

INDIGO CHILD

Post by NAAANEE » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:41 pm

hi spiritalk,
thank you for your reply.I got one more doubt.I have observed some people are born with ordinary knowledge & becomes brilliant in their later years & some children who are intelligent in their childhood are becoming dull later.In which category should we have to put them?what environment gives that niche?

RoseRed

Re: INDIGO CHILD

Post by RoseRed » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:11 pm

NAAANEE wrote:hi spiritalk,
thank you for your reply.I got one more doubt.I have observed some people are born with ordinary knowledge & becomes brilliant in their later years & some children who are intelligent in their childhood are becoming dull later.In which category should we have to put them?what environment gives that niche?
naaanee like it was mentioned earlier, labels and groupings are not recommended as ANY human being no matter what they know is MANY factors all at one time.
I'm sure if you look at yourself there will be all sorts of different strengths that you have that could put you into many many different categories/groups/labels.

And I feel that what you are describing is just LIFE.
Thats the effect that life can have on ANY person.
We all have a choice in life...are we going to become a better person every day and actively work on ourselves or are we just going to live our lives.
"Some ppl are born great and some have greatness thrust upon them"
I don't like this saying as I think there are some holes in it but it seems a little appropriate for this.

I will try explain it in another way.
Environment...if you take any intelligent person and place them in a non stimulating environment they slowly start to loose their sparkle. Jees you take ANY person for that matter and thats what will happen. They are not pushing themselves and challenging themselves. We all need to do that at all times, keep yourselves on the tips of your own toes :)

And so, if you place any person in a very positive and challenging environment they learn to shine, they have so many opportunities to learn and to grow within themselves. So many opportunities to extend themselves. We need to create opportunities to BE great and to sparkle.

Man I hope I got my idea across alright! :smt005 lol
RR

NAAANEE

Post by NAAANEE » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:25 pm

RoseRed wrote: naaanee like it was mentioned earlier, labels and groupings are not recommended as ANY human being no matter what they know is MANY factors all at one time.
I'm sure if you look at yourself there will be all sorts of different strengths that you have that could put you into many many different categories/groups/labels.

And I feel that what you are describing is just LIFE.
Thats the effect that life can have on ANY person.
We all have a choice in life...are we going to become a better person every day and actively work on ourselves or are we just going to live our lives.
"Some ppl are born great and some have greatness thrust upon them"
I don't like this saying as I think there are some holes in it but it seems a little appropriate for this.

I will try explain it in another way.
Environment...if you take any intelligent person and place them in a non stimulating environment they slowly start to loose their sparkle. Jees you take ANY person for that matter and thats what will happen. They are not pushing themselves and challenging themselves. We all need to do that at all times, keep yourselves on the tips of your own toes :)

And so, if you place any person in a very positive and challenging environment they learn to shine, they have so many opportunities to learn and to grow within themselves. So many opportunities to extend themselves. We need to create opportunities to BE great and to sparkle.

Man I hope I got my idea across alright! :smt005 lol
RR
hi RoseRed,thank you for your reply.I was satisfied with your answer.I think many has not have great strength of mind to overcome their circumstances & i feel only few are blessed with good environment to progress.Some are having opportunities but still they are not utilising it properly.Only few people are self-motivators & initiators.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:55 pm

NAAANEE wrote:hi spiritalk,

I think the whole point is....none of us is a label. Sometimes a label can help us understand ourselves.  It is not about setting someone up to be special or different.  

We are all unique human beings.  Being Indigo helped some of us recognize that there were others struggling with similar issues.

NAAANEE

Post by NAAANEE » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:24 am

spiritalk wrote:

I think the whole point is....none of us is a label. Sometimes a label can help us understand ourselves.  It is not about setting someone up to be special or different.  

We are all unique human beings.  Being Indigo helped some of us recognize that there were others struggling with similar issues.
Yaa, what you have said is true.To understand ourselves better we are labeling it.I think we should not categorise anybody.as u said each one is unique.

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:35 am

NAAANEE wrote:I think many has not have great strength of mind to overcome their circumstances & i feel only few are blessed with good environment to progress.Some are having opportunities but still they are not utilising it properly.Only few people are self-motivators & initiators.
So true Naaanee, I think you hit the nail on the head here. :)

landofshadows

Post by landofshadows » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:53 am

Hi All,

Saddly we live in a world of labels.

Some have dyslexia (like me)
Some have ADHD
Some are F grade students
Some are A grade
Some get paid 1,000's for an hour of their day
Some get paid in pence for an hour of thiers
Some are Lords
Some are Knights (Sir's)
Some are Working class

And now some could be Indigo... I don't mind this label in contrast to some of the others, at least Indigo just means different not retarded (Meaning slow) in some way.

But I do agree, the only label we should have is Human.

LoS

NAAANEE

INDIGO CHILD

Post by NAAANEE » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:57 am

whatever may be the circumstances that we are born in,we are humans only!
I remember at this juncture Swami Vivekananda's saying "Education is the manifestation of perfection that is already in man"
So let us strive deeper inside of us to bring forth the knowledge that is already inside us.

NAAANEE

Post by NAAANEE » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:08 pm

RoseRed wrote:
NAAANEE wrote:I think many has not have great strength of mind to overcome their circumstances & i feel only few are blessed with good environment to progress.Some are having opportunities but still they are not utilising it properly.Only few people are self-motivators & initiators.
So true Naaanee, I think you hit the nail on the head here. :)
but the tail is under the feet.I am afraid when i will fall!

landofshadows

Post by landofshadows » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:14 pm

Hi NAAANEE,

Swami Vivekananda belonged to that branch of Vedanta that held that no one can be truly free until all of us are... I have often wondered how this could come about...?

How can we all truely be free, and what do the Vedanta mean by the term Truly Free ?

Perhaps the rise in number of people who are Indigo/or more sensitive (Labels aside, LOL) could be the start of a new era that everyone accepts one and anothers ideas... Perhaps understanding that no idea is truely wrong or right, but just an opinion that doesn't have to define that persons idea of being correct indefintley is being free... (Like today I may feel that God isn't real, yet tomorrow find that he is, and next week be proven that he isn't... In that sense, each time my idea of truth has changed, yet it could change again and again time after, and the whole time still be truth to me).

(I am unsure... What I am trying to say or put across in words... What I think I am saying is Freedom to change ones ideas and not to be labeled as wrong could be freedom.  Perhaps most hold onto an idea even though it is wrong for fear of be branded as wrong... But in my eyes that in its self is wrong... I think ideas and how we approach the method of thinking needs to be addressed. A new philosphy perhaps... I call it Axiomism).

LoS

NAAANEE

Post by NAAANEE » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:05 pm

landofshadows wrote:Hi NAAANEE,

Swami Vivekananda belonged to that branch of Vedanta that held that no one can be truly free until all of us are... I have often wondered how this could come about...?

How can we all truely be free, and what do the Vedanta mean by the term Truly Free ?

Perhaps the rise in number of people who are Indigo/or more sensitive (Labels aside, LOL) could be the start of a new era that everyone accepts one and anothers ideas... Perhaps understanding that no idea is truely wrong or right, but just an opinion that doesn't have to define that persons idea of being correct indefintley is being free... (Like today I may feel that God isn't real, yet tomorrow find that he is, and next week be proven that he isn't... In that sense, each time my idea of truth has changed, yet it could change again and again time after, and the whole time still be truth to me).

(I am unsure... What I am trying to say or put across in words... What I think I am saying is Freedom to change ones ideas and not to be labeled as wrong could be freedom.  Perhaps most hold onto an idea even though it is wrong for fear of be branded as wrong... But in my eyes that in its self is wrong... I think ideas and how we approach the method of thinking needs to be addressed. A new philosphy perhaps... I call it Axiomism).

LoS
One thing I like to say is-Perfection is the word given only to God.If a person is totally perfect then He is God only! But this world is relative.One thing is good because the other thing is bad.This good thing may become bad when a more good thing comes into picture.What is good in one society is bad in another society.The customs differ from place to place.
What do we know about freedom?What is freedom actually?
I feel freedom means freedom for ever! What is freedom for ever?
We feel restricted because things are not working in our favour.Always we are expecting something either for our actions or by others actions! What our scriptures teach is-perform your duty but do not expect anything from it.The reason for saying this is-if you are bonded to a thing,person or action it will always affects you in either good or  bad way.So we will be either happy or sad depending on the event and so our belief in God is fluctuating.So if you are not expecting anything then you will always be at peaceful states resulting in ever blissful state.At this juncture the true knowledge of self get revealed by itself.
There is no question of labelling here.It is only a gradual transformation! What I have observed is we are not establishing the truth inside us of what we have found.The reason is -we are habituated & addicted to certain things & circumstances & unable to bear the changes.We complain but we do not realise.Always tensed & stressed about the things going around us.Then where is the question of freedom?

landofshadows

Post by landofshadows » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:18 pm

NAAANEE,

I read your post, and found myself nodding through-out, I am so glad to have found a forum that people can go out on a limb and express their ideas on the out of the box world and alternative theories and ideas they may have, I have found a few people on here so far who are VERY interesting and helpful.

I suppose Freedom is the ability to ask questions.

LoS

NAAANEE

Post by NAAANEE » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:00 pm

landofshadows wrote:NAAANEE,

I read your post, and found myself nodding through-out, I am so glad to have found a forum that people can go out on a limb and express their ideas on the out of the box world and alternative theories and ideas they may have, I have found a few people on here so far who are VERY interesting and helpful.

I suppose Freedom is the ability to ask questions.

LoS
I think you are true.Vedanta teaches the technique of introspection.To find yourself we have to question oneself.It tells "nethi,nethi" a Sanskrith word which means "not this,not this".it is a thing to know oneself -i am not this - i am not this & at last coming to conclusion i am this-Aham Brahmasmi-I am Brahman!

stormbay

Post by stormbay » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:40 pm

The idea of Indigo children is no different to any other time in human history, throughout the ages, many have felt they have more universal understanding than those around them and it is always according to the current state of human understanding. However the facts are those that do, are normally attached to some form of ideology which are illusional so all they are doing is acting egocentrically and delusionally.
One thing I like to say is-Perfection is the word given only to God.If a person is totally perfect then He is God only! But this world is relative.One thing is good because the other thing is bad.This good thing may become bad when a more good thing comes into picture.What is good in one society is bad in another society.The customs differ from place to place.
What do we know about freedom?What is freedom actually?
I feel freedom means freedom for ever! What is freedom for ever?
Perfection is the art of change, a universal reality and not a primitive concept, as god clearly is. There's no real good or bad, they are again concepts we devise to appease or boost our ideological leanings. Sending a soldier to war, may be good for the country but bad for the soldier. If the soldier gets injured, then it's bad for the soldier, but good he wasn't killed. So it's all relative to the situation and outcome, but in reality there is no good or bad, just change through cause and effect.

Freedom, is as the song says. When you have nothing left to lose and nothing to gain, is when you are free of the restraints of ideological and social programming and can see the realities beyond the delusional demands of society and their control mechanisms. To be free is to have no belief, ideology or concepts and once you are free, it's for the eternity we are capable of understanding. Beyond that, it's anyone's guess until we can pierce the barriers stopping us experiencing dimensional shift in it's usable reality.

Return to “General Discussion”