Is kissing someone else passionately while being married Cheating?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

believer

Post by believer » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:28 pm

Curious what the world thinks!

Mystic Cadet

Post by Mystic Cadet » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:27 pm

hmmm.. in my books .....yes it is

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:10 pm

What is kissing passionately?

Passion =

A strong feeling or emotion
Something that is desired intensely
An irrational but irresistible motive for a belief or action
A feeling of strong sexual desire
Any object of warm affection or devotion

So it can be both cheating and not.....it depend on who you kiss...and your feelings behind it :)

If the kiss is caused by a strong sexual desire, then the question is...if you don't want to cheat....why go so far so to kiss?

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:22 pm

In my eyes,yes it is.. I would not want to be with someone who did that.. Lived with it before,never again.. So yes,i do believe its a form of cheating.

CuriousK

Post by CuriousK » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:51 pm

Yes it is.

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:57 pm

I would ask the questions, why does someone want to kiss someone else passionately, when they are married?  What leads to that decision?  My next questions is, while you are making that decision, and if you follow thru, are you acting with honor and integrity?  Not harming another?

Rook

Post by Rook » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:05 am

Undoubtedly this is cheating.  I think it is possible to love other people in a non-physical sense, to like their company or what-have-you.  Crossing that into the physical realm, that is something else.  When you make your vows, you are vowing to leave behind.  You have reserved that side of yourself for but one person.  It is a deep intimate act whether or not intercourse were involved.

Ani

Post by Ani » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:43 pm

I dont know if it can be classified as cheating exactly, but without doubt it is disrespectful towards a person you are married to/ in a relationship with. why would you want to kiss someone "passionately", if you are married to someone else??

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:06 pm

If this is excused, what next?

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:38 am

I guess it depends on what marriage means to u?

I personally would think this is cheating... but then to each his own.

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:41 pm

A code of honor and integrity to live by, is "Taking care of oneself, without harming another..Then to care for others without harming you."  I don't see how kissing another passionately while married fits taht description.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:38 pm

We have already cheated (in our mind) when we get to the point of a passionate kiss.  We have set a stage for this to occur.

believer

Post by believer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:42 am

What if alchol plays into this scene?

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:49 am

Believer......what's with this line of questioning?  Did something happen?  

While I enjoy a good glass of wine, or margarita w/ a Mexican Meal, alcohol is mostly used as a way to dull pain, avoidance, or facing the truth of something.  I wouldn't call it a demon, but it does mask and hide the beautiful light within us.  It's the density ego's way of taking control, making sure 'it' survives, if the spirit soul is awakening.  

So kissing someone passionately while married, and then with the use of alcohol, is simply avoiding a deeper 'problem'.

Kambilia

Post by Kambilia » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:31 am

i'd say it can be excused, if you're an arabian chap and the woman you're kissing is another one of your harem's numerous wives ;)

other than that, no...to me not...

i'd agree there are a few kinds of cheating, there's the cheating happening in our mind only, imagining something like that...i think if that happens it's good to think about whether we really truly love our spouse and want to share life with them, are ready for marriage and all its implications ?

EDIT: but i think...i don't want to excuse it in any way, but i think if you're drunk prior to that it can affect your ability for reasoning and behaving the way you should...i think kissing someone in a sober state, having coldly planned it in advance it more serious cheating than being drunk and not being able to use your mind and reasoning properly and so...like you're a bit less responsible for your actions because you're not fully able to control yourself, you're much more prone to thoughtless behaviur.
like a murder that has been planned in advance deserves more severe punishment than a crime passionel :)
Last edited by Kambilia on Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”