Which sense provides you with the most inspiration?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Cody5202

Which sense provides you with the most inspiration?

Post by Cody5202 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:18 am

I'd like to see everybodys response to this.  Once again the question is, which sense provides you with the most inspiration, or is the most valuable to you?

stormbay

Post by stormbay » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:25 am

The sense of reality, how it manifests and how it encompasses all other senses. Without a sense of reality, you're only guessing and can only give material answers and hoped for outcomes.

firetopaz

Post by firetopaz » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:45 am

Oh Cody....this is a rough question and i will be eager to read responses...it will take some thought though.  Hmmmmm

I try to imagine not seeing the sunset, or the smiles on loved ones faces.  The trees blowing in the wind, the discovery of new growth.   No

I try to imagine not listening to my Grandmothers voice, or hearing the excitement and laughter of my children.  The birds chirpping, my wolf howling at the moon.  NO

I try to imagine not feeling the warmth of my pets bodies when we are all curled up in bed, or the feel of the dirt in spring when I plant my new flowers.   The feel of my sons hand in mine, my husbands arms.   My daughters bunnies. NO

I try to imagine not ever smelling the odor of a new puppy, or that baby smell.  The smell of my stargazers, or a fresh rose, the grass when just cut, the smell of an old forest.  Cookies in the oven, the smell of home, clothes from the line.  NO

I can't imagine a life without any of my senses and am grateful for each one.  I think they all contribute to any creativity I have.  I am most creative in the garden and like to use nature as my canvas.  I think what kind of mood do I want to set with each garden and use texture, color and scent to create it.

I liked Stormbays response and believe that if each artist uses his/her reality in their art we are able to share a bit of their reality for just a bit.  The reality of each human being differs in each individual.

I am curious to what your own answer to this question is, Cody?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:51 pm

When we learn to work with them together on a sensitive level, we are opening to psychic abilities.  Imagine you can see out of your big toe!  After all, the skin is our largest organ.  In other words allow the senses to flow through, over, around and manifest at will.

And smell is attached to memories.  How interesting.

God bless, J

agata

Post by agata » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:22 am

All senses are preciouss but I think that the most valuable is sight :) There are so many fantastic things to see in life. I love to travel and to travel is to observe and admire :) In my opinion it's better to be deaf than blind; hovewer I'm glad I don't have to make a choice :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:05 pm

And when the sight is diminished, what we can hear is so much more!  Just ask a blind person.

agata

Post by agata » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:19 pm

I know it :) But imagine living in the dark all the time!  It would be horrible for me. It may work if someone is blind their whole life, but certainly not when you've seen so many beautiful things, so many colours.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:22 pm

When doing psychic work I do not see, I hear or get words in my head as description.  Believe it or not, knowing what you are looking at is as valid as seeing it.  

Yes, you could miss the color and color is a very important aspect of our lives.  But knowing at a deeper level just what you are looking at might just be a valid replacement.

womanofthecraft

Wow! this one is tough.

Post by womanofthecraft » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:42 am

There are so many good responses here and I must agree with them all.
I am fortunate to have all my senses and I am so thankful.  But, I do have really terrible vision.  At one time our local optomitrist told me I should apply for a blind check.
I was really aggravated at his statement.  With lenses I could see but the script was out there.
I tell my husband quite often,"I wish I could awake in the mornings and see well,  or see off in the distance as others do!"
But I have come to the realization that I am still one of the fortunate ones.  I can see with aide!
I can smell, touch, taste and hear.  For this I am thankful!

rahultrehan

Post by rahultrehan » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:05 am

Sense of seeing is the best to have. Makes me feel insecured when i see a blind not able to see this beautiful world. I just wish for all to see this beautiful world atleast once. Hope to donate my eyes soon...

Return to “General Discussion”