The first thing that draws you to a person/s?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

dhav

The first thing that draws you to a person/s?

Post by dhav » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:05 pm

What is the first thing that attracts you to a person.
For some it may be the physical look,for some it's the character of the person n so on.
I would love to hear about it from you  :smt003

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:21 pm

I tend to be drawn to 'service' workers like firemen & policemen.  Watching how they interact with people.  But watching anyone act with compassion & tenderness.

After that, the uniform, smile & a moustache are a bonus :)

agata

Post by agata » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:49 pm

I think that physical look is something that attracts me but I don't mean being beautiful or ugly. People can look in such a way that you know if they are friendly, shy, aggressive, cheerful, etc. And this is something that I can feel looking at people's apperance. Of course they sometimes wear masks, consciously or unconsciously but it doesn't take much time to realize what is the real nature of them :)

Sapphire927

Post by Sapphire927 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:46 pm

The number one thing for me is character. Physical appearance is a plus but I'm attracted to a person when they display compassion, kindness, and responsibility. It doesn't get any better than that IMHO :smt003

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:25 am

I get feelings from people....The energy they emit from themselves.  That's what attracks me to them, or away from them.  If I get a bad feeling about someone, even if I haven't met them, I do my best to stay away as in the past those very people have always been bad for me.  But it all comes down to that, not looks or personality, but the feeling I get before I even see them or know them.  Sounds strange I know even to myself it sounds a bit unfair, but it's never proved me wrong :)

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:42 am

agata wrote:I think that physical look is something that attracts me but I don't mean being beautiful or ugly. People can look in such a way that you know if they are friendly, shy, aggressive, cheerful, etc. And this is something that I can feel looking at people's apperance. Of course they sometimes wear masks, consciously or unconsciously but it doesn't take much time to realize what is the real nature of them :)
                                                 +
Bandit81101 wrote:I get feelings from people....The energy they emit from themselves.  That's what attracks me to them, or away from them.  If I get a bad feeling about someone, even if I haven't met them, I do my best to stay away as in the past those very people have always been bad for me.  But it all comes down to that, not looks or personality, but the feeling I get before I even see them or know them.  Sounds strange I know even to myself it sounds a bit unfair, but it's never proved me wrong :)
For me its a mixture of these two.  :smt003

Its also most of the time, you know when your attention is just drawn somewhere, you turn your head and look - sometimes it will be a person, when it is a person then I like to have a better look. And see why I was drawn that way. :)

But I think at the moment, if I can sit/stand next to someone and be able to talk to them while being at total comfort with myself energetically then thats a sure winner. If I'm not comfortable I will fidget and shift my weight from one foot to the other etc.

Bandit, I found that was the same with me, but then I tried an experiment the one week and I told myself, anyone that makes me feel uncomfortable I would have to go up to them and try start some random conversation with them, even just give them a beaming smile.
What I never ever ever expected was that when I did that all of a sudden that 'dark' cloud that was oozing nasty vibes disappeared! I was amazed!! What I realized was that in my case was that I was picking up something they were thinking about - like that they may be brooding over something, or something happened earlier in that day that just set them off in a mood.
And by confronting them in a sense, they were in turn shocked and the defences/mood/ anger dropped away and I got to see the real them.
But that was just in my case and if your gut says Stay Away then thats great!

You know - just thinking about this, there are days where man I can be in a real mood in regards to energy or something...I wonder how many ppl I have repelled away from me? Giving an impression of 'darkness' when actually I am a very positive and upbeat person....hummm... :smt017
Lol! So many sides to consider!

I also like the character thing you mentioned sapphire! Those few really are gems! :)

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:43 am

You're just following your intuition, inner knowing and guidance, bandit.  That is never wrong to do.  You're not saying judgmental words about someone, or thinking badly..just doing what you should.  Discerning how to take care of yourself, following your inner guidance.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:48 pm

I am drawn to strength - both inner and outer.  Someone who is strong in their convictions as well as strong in their comfort of others.

Theonewithnoname

Attractive?

Post by Theonewithnoname » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:38 pm

Well... for me its intelligence.  I think there's nothing more attractive than that.  I have a thing for perhaps teachers, artists, guru's that sort of thing.  I prefer it if the person also has a heart though.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:45 pm

That's a really good question dhav, at first I thought - similar interests but it's far more complex, my closest friend has no interest in martial arts and although I like his farm it doesn't rule my life, in fact the more I think about very few of my friends have any interest in martial arts but most of my aqaintances have.
Hmmmmmmmmm.
This is really very interesting, I wonder if they do have anything in question - other than me.

Medical Astrology

Post by Medical Astrology » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:35 pm

I think a smiling face attracts me towards the person.
A person who has a very severe expression puts me off.

I like laughter and friendship!

landofshadows

Post by landofshadows » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:07 pm

Hi,

People that are happy with them selves, none conformists to trends and normallity, quirky and interesting people at heart and in soul.

Eyes are a big factor, eyes that sort of smile as they do, that tell a story without the person saying a word, eyes you can become lost in... Eyes are said to be the window to the soul, so I guess through eyes I am seeing that... Eyes say more than most care to notice.

LoS

womanofthecraft

Post by womanofthecraft » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:40 pm

:smt006
I truly love this question!
To me, It is totally an intuitive experience!
It has nothing to do with where they come from or how much wealth they may be blessed with.  It is more like a positive/negative energy flow.  They may not look like the happiest person in the world but possibly could turn out to be the most lovable.  They may appear to be extremely blissful and be the most unpleasent person you've ever met!  It has happened to me before LOL!  So, I try to keep an open mind and follow my feelings sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.

dhav

Post by dhav » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:31 pm

Nice ones folks.

Kiss

Post by Kiss » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:36 pm

Hi For me its the energy i receive, then definitly the eyes. I think you can learn alote about somone through the eyes. beautiful eyes always turn me on.

Return to “General Discussion”