What do you look for in a job?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

What do you look for in a job?

Post by swetha » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:01 am

Is it security, colleagues, job satisfaction? or money? or something else? or your BOSS  :smt003

whats hold priority for you in your job?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:52 pm

Accomplishment.

Rising_Sun

Re: What do you look for in a job?

Post by Rising_Sun » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:37 am

swetha wrote:Is it security, colleagues, job satisfaction? or money? or something else? or your BOSS  :smt003

everything you've mentioned, but money would be at the top of my list, unfortunately :smt009

agata

Post by agata » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:55 pm

Satisfaction, money (unfortunately you can't live without it ;) ), and of course the sense of doing something pleasant and absorbing. I can't imagine torturing myself with a job which is not what I really want to do, it would be a real waste of preciouss time of my life. Unfortunately, sometimes we can't choose but I believe that if we want a change then everything is possible :)

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:10 pm

Rising_Sun wrote:
swetha wrote:Is it security, colleagues, job satisfaction? or money? or something else? or your BOSS  :smt003

everything you've mentioned, but money would be at the top of my list, unfortunately :smt009

There's nothing wrong with money..or the need for it, having it and using it.  I don't consider working fo rmoney 'unfortunate'.  If you're taking care of yourself, you can then take care of others.  It is a good thing.  Please consider kinder words when discussing working for money, or it may always be elusive ...

I am money magnet..Money comes to me with ease and grace...Money comes to me to support me, and leaves me to support others...I have gratitude.

rahultrehan

Post by rahultrehan » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:08 am

INTEREST... :)

dhav

Post by dhav » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:26 pm

Rising_Sun wrote:

lol Taurean .
Me too. :smt003
i also look for being comfortable with the persons working there.
we all do work for money after all. :smt020

Sapphire927

Post by Sapphire927 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:52 pm

Job satisfaction and security. Don't get me wrong, money is important too, but I want to be SAFE earning my pay check...

hack

Post by hack » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:28 pm

I am money magnet..Money comes to me with ease and grace...Money comes to me to support me, and leaves me to support others...I have gratitude.[/quote]

You do made lots of people green with envy.  However, i believe in job satisfactory being the most important.  It helps me to push further when times are bad & hard.

alyolu

Post by alyolu » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:34 pm

Yes, money , accomplishment, job satisfaction are things I do considered in a job. But for me I want what I call a freedom job, I don't like to feel restricted. A job where I can be on the move, not repetitious or mundane and where I can be of service to others...thats is a DREAM job for me.

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:20 pm

I think I look for an overall harmony between personal preference, income and growth.

Generally speaking I am pretty sensitive about some things - like incompetent or unfair leadership - so having an administration that knows what it is doing is important to me. I also look for meaning in what I do - I think I would rather sweep floors than be a telemarketer, for example.

And of course, if money wasn't needed, I wouldn't be working (for money).

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:13 am

hack wrote:I am money magnet..Money comes to me with ease and grace...Money comes to me to support me, and leaves me to support others...I have gratitude.
You do made lots of people green with envy.  However, i believe in job satisfactory being the most important.  It helps me to push further when times are bad & hard.[/quote]

Envy is a poor substitute for being happy for another's good fortune and learning from what is working well for them. This is an example of a karmic law and I have the same experience of having material come to me as I allow it leave, and of gratitude contributing to being provided for. If you are not experiencing this and think of envy when you hear of another experiencing it, then you are thinking about all the wrong things. Be a river, flow freely with giving and receiving, focus all your energy on this and the river will provide you with everything you need. Be grateful for what wealth you have and allow wealth to create more wealth.

As for what I look for in a job. Well making use of my natural talents and abilities, room to grow and reach my full potential, equal ground with others involved and working for the betterment of all.

sidchowdary

hey

Post by sidchowdary » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:36 am

job satisfaction and the price i hope

Return to “General Discussion”