happiness

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Deborah

happiness

Post by Deborah » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:51 pm

I was thinking ..of all the request I get for readings ... and the thought occured to me .. that most are looking for happiness..

Why is this such a struggle.. not all of us are comedians and can make oursleves laugh... life is not always happy moments.

We look for others to bring us happiness.
We seek a partner to be happy.
We live for this long awaited happiness.
Why?

It is very over rated the way we treat happiness.. I think sometimes we forget ..happiness is within.. find  your own happiness and the rest will fall into place.

A good friend of mine from India ..once told me that I am always down ..(yes I was) .. I was struggling to see my own happiness.. WHAT MY OWN HAPPINESS >>HES CRAZY .. yea maybe a little but arent we all! ...well he aproached me with this idea...
see everyday I was seeing the dark clouds ..i coudlnt see the white fluffy ones no more... when somene said you look nice ..I didnt recall that I only heard the negative on the news.  So as I go on ..
he says to me take each day one day at  a time ..reflect on it at the end of the day... do not look for the bad..or you will find it ..but look for just one thing one thing to be happy about one thingthat is a positive ..

Day one - lots of rotten things happen... but i remembered the moment that I thought my dog smiled at me and his eyes were closed was quit funny actually..........
Day 2 I had a mad parent screem at me.... I had a parent tell me they cant afford to pay me.. yep could be another rotten day ..but i rembmered my grandsons little hand touching my face and his so gentle of a smile...oh wow there is 2 good things

As you can see I continued this... (it takes 30 days to form a habbit) ... now its a every day pleasure to find something good ..and my life has been soooooo much smoother now...

I am going to suggest tothose who wish to have readings and such .. take 30 days to form the habbit I did .. see after 30 days if you still need a reading.  

Love and Light
Deborah

in_the_blue

Post by in_the_blue » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:07 pm

hey i love the idea
i should start these thing with the 30 days..
did you had to keep a diary?
when do you think of this? before you go to bed an review all the moments of the day?

doriangrey

Post by doriangrey » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:53 pm

nice words. one should look for happiness because it's what makes us feel good about ourselves. it's better to be happy than sad, as it is better to do good than bad. people seek happiness because it's like a common wish that everybody wants to make come true.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:13 am

Very well said Deborah, what u said is similar to "Finding the silver line in a black cloud", but u said it in much simpilier way for ppl to understand.

I think those good things on the first 2 days was very good. I myself am visualising how u might have felt & i am feeling a calmness & hapiness which i hadn't thought about. It is wonderful to have such experiences. I wish u have more good things & less rotten things from now onwards.

sunny2

Post by sunny2 » Sun May 14, 2006 11:46 am

I believe many people look to others for happiness. If someone is depending on others to make them feel happiness they will be sorely disappointed. Only when they realise that it is they who are in control of their thoughts and actions, will they find true happiness.
Happiness is within us, not outside of us.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sun May 14, 2006 2:08 pm

No, i think happiness is both within us & outside us. We only have to find it to feel the happiness.

in_the_blue

Post by in_the_blue » Mon May 15, 2006 12:12 am

I think that if you find the right people, they can make you happy

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon May 15, 2006 4:49 am

i missed this post till today...
i think i am going to try i out too...and post it in my blog. like what Debbie said made me feel happy, so if someone feels better reading my positive outlook..y not??

sunny2

Post by sunny2 » Mon May 15, 2006 2:08 pm

I agree, everyone can and does experience happiness from an outside source. There will always be something or someone that will be able to create within each of us the uplifting, positive effect, which makes us feel extremely happy bringing enjoyment or fulfilment into our lives. Why shouldn't this be the case? We are all able to create happiness for ourselves or others in any given situation.

However what I was saying is, some people tend to look on happiness as having to come from others and therefore can learn to depend on them, or come to expect outer stimuli to make them happy. In my opinion this isn't healthy all the time and can create more problems and unhappiness, not only for them but with those closest to them. Consider women or men who continually go out to buy clothes or whatever so that they can reach that state of happiness again and again.
This I where I think confusion arises and possibly why some people are continually searching to find happiness from others. Without realising that happiness is actually coming from their own mind.
Happiness is an expression of emotion. We are ultimately the ones who decide whether we feel this emotion or not when in certain situations. For instance, a situation that once gave us an enormous amount of happiness and pleasure, can become boring, when the outside stimulus no longer promotes the happy reaction within us. It is not the situation that has changed it is our attitude or the way we perceive the situation which has. This is why I say happiness comes from within. We are responsible for our own happiness. The way we interpret situations, creates a thought, which in turn creates the emotion to experience happiness or not.

L&L Sunny2

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed May 17, 2006 2:18 pm

happiness is so objective. i mean... it doesnt have to b related to any happening or event. i can just feel happy without doing anything:)

doriangrey

Post by doriangrey » Wed May 17, 2006 11:32 pm

yes, that's true swetha. it often happens that you feel happy with no particular reason. you just feel that everything's going your way and you have a positive feeling that's guiding your way.

in_the_blue

Post by in_the_blue » Fri May 19, 2006 12:21 am

I dont agree with that doriangrey.
Of course, you could have a 'hapinnes' feeling that all is going just great, but this feeling is caused by something (something a loved one said, a good day at work, a good mark at school) and in the last case, it all adds up.
Maybe for the moment you feel happy for 'no reason', but the reasons are there.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sun May 21, 2006 3:24 pm

no blue..sometimes i agree when u say there is a reason.. and sometimes u just feel happy.. u dont always need a reason.. like sometimes... u just dont need a reaso to cry.. i do that ..u just feel like crying and feel much better once u r done with it!  dont u feel u dont need a reason to b happy?

Return to “General Discussion”