Any ideas on how to stop nightmares?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

believer

Any ideas on how to stop nightmares?

Post by believer » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:40 pm

Hi there,

Not sure where I should be posting this question...One of our bedrooms, no matter who sleeps in there that night, nightmares occur.  My son is coming to our room every night with a nightmare.  So I slept in his bed last night and had terrible dreams.  Every night I say a prayer that he is covered in white light and nothing shall break thru this light along with a prayer for no bad dreams.  We have a "indian" dream catcher, along with several crucifix's in his room.  This room does indirectly look over the back of a cemetary, but so does our bedroom.  

Any other ideas or help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Believer

Medical Astrology

Post by Medical Astrology » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:53 am

You could try burning dhoop, a kind of incense used in India, to remove or prevent bad Spirits and Entities from coming into the house.
It is to be burnt in the twilight hours, after the sun has set and before the stars can be seen in the sky.

Burning Dhoop particles is more effective than lighting a Dhoop incense stick.
You would need to do it for several days in a row. It does give off a lot of smoke, but the smoke is very pleasant and has bacteriocidal properties as well.

So, if you aren't allergic to smoke, I'd suggest you should try this.
Dr. Jayashree Joshi, (MD) Physician and Herbalist
EXCLUSIVE FOCUS ON HEALTH ISSUES, with solutions through VEDIC ASTROLOGY.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:12 pm

Warm milk or camomile tea are both soothers.  Be sure of the mind set of the dreamer in the room.  

Perhaps nightmares are being anticipated at this time.  Releave the mind and then the dreams will stop.
God bless, J

Mystic Cadet

Post by Mystic Cadet » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:22 pm

There could be a physical problem with the bedroom.
How old is the house?  Have some one test the room for EMF near outlets, switches, lamps..ect..  You might need to replace them.  
If that doesn't correct the issue, then maybe the room is holding lots of negative energy  which needs to be cleared.
Let God's Love and Devine light of protection shine on us all.
In with the Positive Energies and out with the Negatives.

ANDER357

Bad Dreams

Post by ANDER357 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:32 pm

You could try putting a Bible under the childs pillow.  That is what  did for my daughter and she is 14.  I have also used a house cleansing spell from the book Spirits of the Earth by Bobby Lake-Thom.  It's been over  years and things are fine.  Good luck
dcbyrd28

amalimrock

Post by amalimrock » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:40 pm

I have a programmed crystal that purifies and drives away negative entities. It's fairly easy to program a crysta;. try getting a quartz, cleanse it with running water, charge and program the crystal with the intention to prevent bad dreams from reoccuring, or if you know the source of all these bad dreams, program the crystal to drive away that source. Use visualization, and you might also wanna ask Archangel Deva for help (be sure to thank him for his assistance.) The visualization should be that the crystal is gaining white colored energy, absorbing it and becomeing as powerful as you choose it to be.

Hope this helps :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:07 pm

The natives use what is called Dream Catchers.  They can be seen to filter all dreams.
God bless, J

believer

how to stop bad dreams

Post by believer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:46 pm

WOW,

Thanks for the ideas.  The land was originally a farm that I am told dated back to the 1800's and before that, it was Indian ground.  We are not far from the Missouri River where Lewis and Clark did their expedition.  The house is only 7 years old.   He goes to sleep with the light on and once he is asleep, I turn it off.

Believer

kybunker

Hi!

Post by kybunker » Tue May 05, 2009 5:19 pm

If this is sacred ground, I'd do what would calm the earth spirits,
Planting trees, small bushes even flowers,

Smudging the room, Doing your prayers..

Most of all I would close of my mind to expectations,

The more we think about something happening,, the more it's going to be availble to occur.

There's a tenseness every time someone walks into the room,,
You should laugh from your heart and change that energy,

Turn up some music to help change the atmosphere,
It's hard to feel entities when you have playful music on,

Plant Plant Plant!
New Thought At InnerFlow Connections!

believer

Bad Dreams

Post by believer » Fri May 08, 2009 5:21 pm

I went yesterday to the nursey and bought a bounch of beautiful flowers that I am planning on planting below his bedroom in the front.  We are tree huggers by nature, so we have all ready planted lots of trees in the yard.  He woke up 2 nights ago screaming that spiders were crawling all over him and was so freaked out that I put him in another bed and had to lay with him till he fell asleep.  Even the next morning, he said that his skin felt weird where he thought the spiders were.  He is not normally freaked out by spiders.  

I appreciate every one's help and ideas.

Believer

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat May 09, 2009 1:04 pm

Perhaps making sure the sleeper is calm before going to bed - warm milk and a quiet time.  

When nightmares are created from how the mind is thinking, it is time to change the mind.
God bless, J

Nanna

Nightmares in Room

Post by Nanna » Sun May 10, 2009 1:21 am

I think all the suggests prior are excellent suggestions. Also, I might tenderly approach how the adults are reacting to these things that are happening. If the adults are fearful, the children are fearful. The term, "Little Pictures have ears." is so true. We don't know when they are listening or watching. My youngest daughter was always great for sneaking behind the couch to listen, and their view of things is soooo much bigger. Never the less, how do we fix it now? One crucifix over the door is sufficient. My granddaughters were always afraid of a picture of the Virgin Mary I had up in the room they slept in. I had to take that down and put it away until they were older. A bible is good at the foot of the bed, and an expression that Michael the Archangel is there to protect. If probable, ask you child how he/she would like to decorate their own room, color of paint, curtains etc. If they make it their own, that could be a big help. The flowers are a nice touch. Good Job!
Nanna Knows

stormbay

Post by stormbay » Tue May 12, 2009 8:03 am

The type of nightmare occurring can give an idea of the cause in many instances, so see if they fit into any for or category. If they don't, then it would probably be a physical/mechanical/electronic cause.

The first thing I'd look for is either EMF's, from electrical appliances in the room or faulty wiring, as someone suggested earlier. Look for chemical or other contaminates, look out the window of the room and see if it is on line with a power station, power lines, transformer or substation, building or some other man made thing which can emit vibrations or ultrasonic sounds, they could be a long way off, but being amplified into that particular room by terrian. If it only happens in one room and to anyone, then you should be able to rule out diet or day to day psychological influences. Move the bed round the room, check the type of paint and ventilation, take out every electrical thing in the room and see what happens.

If nothing works and the suggestions given by others don't either, you've got a problem. I sometimes work with people coping with bad allergies and they have to consider every aspect of their living, it's amazing the number of things which can effect us both physically and psychologically, including psychic, spiritual and illusionary aspects of life, in varying degree's.

Also try to pin down the times of nightmares, are they every night, after certain times, after certain types of meals or activities. There can be as many contributors to our psychological state, you may need to go through them all. If it's Indian land, then you should consult them, you may need their help to pin the problem down and remove it.

Best of luck,.

Nanna

To Stormbay

Post by Nanna » Tue May 12, 2009 7:56 pm

That is Excellent advice!!! :smt006
Nanna Knows

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Sat May 23, 2009 3:14 pm

I would suggest heading to the Feng Shui section of this website and post your query there.

Edit: Not trying to be a wiseass, I just don't know enough about it to help you myself.

Return to “General Discussion”