Anyone have advice for post hysterectomy hints and tips?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

karly

Anyone have advice for post hysterectomy hints and tips?

Post by karly » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:23 pm

I am having an abdominal, plus two laproscopie cuts for each ovary done on may 4th. I'll then go to my brothers for 2 weeks, then I'm home alone.
They say you cant drive, pick up more than 5 pounds or bend over for 6 weeks!!
Well I have 3 cats (litter boxes lol) 5 dogs and 3 birds....I have quite a bit I have to take care of.
So I am looking for ANY advice I can get! This will be my first major surgery as an adult, and yup, I admit it...I'm scared! :smt017
If there's any advice for what I need to bring as well would be great. So far I have slippers, VERY lose underwear, two huge over shirts, a brush and a little mirror. My toothbrush, floss and paste will be last.
Karly...who's very lost and alone in this!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:50 pm

Best advice....Follow the advice given.  When you come out of a hysterectomy you do not feel much like doing the things they have warned about anyway.  

Allow yourself to heal for the Whole time mentioned.  Giving yourself the time, even if you feel you are better, would help relieve the stress as well.  (I went back to work a week early and it played a tole on my health).

Stay as active as possible and listen to uplifting music.  There is always someone who wants to put you down for your health issues.  (A friend of mine was told - by her mom no less - that she would be less of a woman - such nonsense!)

Return to “General Discussion”