Euthanasia

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Euthanasia

Post by swetha » Sat May 13, 2006 11:20 am

hi guys,
was just thinking what do people think about euthanasia or mercy killing? u think is it right or humans cant kill people as they r not God??
what  are ur views?

sunny2

Post by sunny2 » Sun May 14, 2006 12:48 pm

Personally I don't feel it's right to take a life. my belief is that we are here for a certain amount of time and we all have lessons to learn and things to do. These lessons can be with those we dearly love or with strangers.
If killing someone who is in pain and/or suffering is allowed to die, then I feel they are playing God, in my opinion. God comes into His own when we all enter His kingdom.
Some people argue they should be allowed to die in dignity. Yes, I do too. I feel my loved ones are worthy of my love, honour and respect, at all times, good or bad, until it is time for them to pass into God's care and keeping.  
Yes, I do think it is distressful and can be heartbreaking watching a loved one decline in health, whatever the cause or reason (I know their are stronger words to describe the emotions felt as you deal with the experience). Yet I don't feel it gives others or the person themselves the right to kill.
When people die before their time it is said that they have altered the course or the purpose of their existence (karma) therefore they have to come back and go through it all again.
Furthermore, I feel all those facing this unfortunate circumstance have a lesson to learn themselves. However hard the situation is, by being there and giving of themselves be it time, love, caring, acceptance, strength, compassion, whatever it takes to support the person at a time when it is needed the most. What better way to progress spiritually and help the others complete whatever it is they came here to do, however short or long the time.
Who knows what the lesson is or who indeed it is for. It maybe for loved ones or friends to learn, other than the person experiencing health issues or whatever is affecting them. Maybe they have agreed from their own soul to go through this for the progression of another soul.
Having no clear answers makes my decision easier. I much prefer to continue as I have been. I do not feel guilty or lacking in love for my nearest and dearest, not that anyone should. In honesty I feel it is right to give all that is physically possible for them. My loved ones who have suffered have come through with their messages of love, etc., thanking me for the dignity I gave them.
To me that says it all.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sun May 14, 2006 2:05 pm

Yes & No. I will explain later.

in_the_blue

Post by in_the_blue » Mon May 15, 2006 12:09 am

hmm.. I am simply against it.. my parents raised me that way and I am goind to stick to it

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon May 15, 2006 4:46 am

i know this is a very debated topic.... but what if u have to see ur loved one in pain and know that he is going to remain this way till he dies???

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Mon May 15, 2006 8:00 am

I would want to know what the loved one wants to do, live or die. Then i will ask the rest of the family & then decide.

in_the_blue

Post by in_the_blue » Mon May 15, 2006 8:44 pm

But do you really really think you have the right to decide?
Maybe, if the patient is really sane and wants that, but if you cannot communicate to him/her, like in a coma or something?

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue May 16, 2006 5:21 am

if u cud do something to ease someone's suffering.... wudnt u do it instead of see him suffering day in day out??

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Tue May 16, 2006 8:59 am

Yes i would.

sunny2

Post by sunny2 » Tue May 16, 2006 5:39 pm

Sorry swetha, I didn't see your post until today. I have watched many family members and a few friends suffer in pain and agony, as cancer has ravaged throughout their bodies and minds until God came for them. yes they complained the pain at times was unbearable and yes they couldn't wait to die so as to be free of it. But so do many arthritic sufferers around the world. to mention only one incurable disease, when they have had enough when their pain becomes too unbearable.
Yes, I wanted to ease their suffering in the best way I could. But the thought of killing them never entered my or my families thoughts. They never became a burden or made us feel oh well lets give up on them, their days are nearly over. The thought of love and caring for them was more a priority, they needed support, comfort, love above all friendship to know that they wasn't totally alone. Even people with alzheimers are aware of whats going on , it's just that they can't remember things. How would you feel if you heard talk of being killed because you needed some personal care and attention,  because through no fault of your own you got sick.  

If by killing anyone to ease their suffering is the best that someone can offer, then we are truly lost in more ways than one. God help the millions of people who are suffering 24/7 with various types of painful, incurable and terminal diseases.
What goes round comes around.

Dj I.C.U.

Post by Dj I.C.U. » Tue May 16, 2006 9:13 pm

Ass all things in life euthanasia is the best way of taking it.I say YES to euthanasia.God doesn't exist and if he does I have a question for you:If you created everything from nothing.How did you created nothing?They say you came from nothing soo nothing is like your mother.You can't create your mother can't you?

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed May 17, 2006 2:27 pm

hi sunny,
i am not saying just go and pull the plug and ease people's suffering by killing them. may be sometimes u r loved ones just cant go on and they know it. and its up to us to accept the fact isnt it??  
we r not becoming GOd by easing someone's pain? i know there is this argument that we cant  make lives so we have no right to take lives. but we r in no way comparing ourselves to God. this is a just a fact of life and we need to realise that.

in_the_blue

Post by in_the_blue » Wed May 17, 2006 11:51 pm

Dont you have an angel on your avatar or im too tired at this hour? :D
And yes, I've asked myself the same questions or something similar, but I have noticed that when you pray for something. or when you get 'miracle' protection, you really begin to believe in God.
Maybe He isn't what they all say He is. But I dont really care. I am still young and I will find the truth about Him later. I just know that He is real for me :D

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri May 19, 2006 6:23 am

i believe God is there, and we shouldny only turn to him in times of need...its just that inner faith i guess. but is euthanasia legal any place?

in_the_blue

Post by in_the_blue » Sat May 20, 2006 9:14 pm

I think so but I'm not so sure. I saw something on the news. a debate about an court order.

Return to “General Discussion”