Obesity and Medical Astrology

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Medical Astrology

Obesity and Medical Astrology

Post by Medical Astrology » Sun May 03, 2009 6:30 am

Charts of persons who suffer from Obesity and of persons who always have to take active measures to keep their weight under control, often show a marked effect of the planet Jupiter in their lives.

Jupiter in the first house, or aspecting the lord of the first house, often causes a tendency towards obesity.
Similarly, Jupiter placed in the second house (which rules, besides other things, the food that we eat) gives a diet rich in fats and perhaps also causes a greater amount of fat to be absorbed from food.

Jupiter can especially cause obesity during the periods of its dasha and bhuktis (major and minor planetary periods described in Vedic Astrology of India), during a person's life, if the chart shows strong influences of Jupiter, as mentioned above!

For such persons, besides following a sensible diet pattern and getting enough physical exercise (the two most important and necessary ways to tackle Obesity), measures described in Astrology to counteract excess Jupiterian effects might also help keep in keeping their weight under control!  8-|

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Sun May 03, 2009 12:10 pm

What are some of these counter acting practices?

Medical Astrology

Post by Medical Astrology » Sun May 03, 2009 2:03 pm

kgirlsmomma wrote:What are some of these counter acting practices?
While I know of a few, I am interested in knowing what experienced Astrologers on MB would have to suggest!

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Sun May 03, 2009 2:06 pm

Suggest what you know!

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue May 05, 2009 3:35 am

Dear Medical Astrology ,

If  U wish to  have views from MB Astrolgers , U could have posted this topic in Vedic Astrlogy forum dear friend. To my knowldge, I feel our vedic memebrs never visit or rarely visit General forum. Let us wait.

Regards,

sidchowdary

Re: Obesity and Medical Astrology

Post by sidchowdary » Mon May 11, 2009 5:49 am

nice info

stormbay

Post by stormbay » Wed May 13, 2009 12:22 am

“For such persons, besides following a sensible diet pattern and getting enough physical exercise (the two most important and necessary ways to tackle Obesity), measures described in Astrology to counteract excess Jupiterian effects might also help keep in keeping their weight under control!  8-|”
I'd very interested to hear of these measures, I've studied a bit of astrology, are you referring to Iatromathematics, which is the traditional name for it. It claims to provide an indication as to whether cosmic influences present at the time of an illness or condition, are likely to be advantageous or disadvantageous to the sufferer. It also claims to predict the likely severity of the particular disease, duration, probable eventual outcome and additional ways that might be used to counteract the disease.

Anything which can help people overcome their problems is a bonus, as long as it doesn't claim to be a cure. With obesity, we have many other aspects to contend with, sociological, cultural, psychological and environmental. To combat obesity, requires a change of mind and approach, that's all.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed May 13, 2009 2:01 pm

stormbay wrote:
“For such persons, besides following a sensible diet pattern and getting enough physical exercise (the two most important and necessary ways to tackle Obesity), measures described in Astrology to counteract excess Jupiterian effects might also help keep in keeping their weight under control!  8-|”
I'd very interested to hear of these measures, I've studied a bit of astrology, are you referring to Iatromathematics, which is the traditional name for it. It claims to provide an indication as to whether cosmic influences present at the time of an illness or condition, are likely to be advantageous or disadvantageous to the sufferer. It also claims to predict the likely severity of the particular disease, duration, probable eventual outcome and additional ways that might be used to counteract the disease.

Anything which can help people overcome their problems is a bonus, as long as it doesn't claim to be a cure. With obesity, we have many other aspects to contend with, sociological, cultural, psychological and environmental. To combat obesity, requires a change of mind and approach, that's all.

J:  Perhaps we need to stop seeing obesity and large people as an aberation and more in the line of - there will always be the big, small, tall, short, etc. among us.  Who set anyone up to be the judge of what is right for anyone else?  

Diet and exercise is a limited view on the question of obesity.  Many sincere seekers after the perfect body have tried ultimate methods to eliminate obesity.  What success can you find recorded?  Some things work for one and not for another.  

I am sorry, but this is an over simplistic approach to a very large problem that many people have spent many years and a lot of dollars investigating.

stormbay

Post by stormbay » Thu May 14, 2009 10:59 am

Spiritalk, I don't think this thread is aimed at those who don't want to lose weight, everyone is an individual and chooses their direction. For those seeking an answer, finding out your medical astrological situation, may be a trigger to providing a path they feel will get them to their goal.

The approach to overcome obesity is simple, change your mind and lifestyle. Implementing it is where the problems begin. It's like those who try to give up smoking by cutting down, compared to those who go cold turkey. It only becomes easy to do when someone wants it enough, until then, you're fighting yourself and your problems so can't really win. You have to remove the cause of the problem to overcome it, any sort of help to do that should be applauded.

I be really interested in hearing the Medical astrologer's  methods, I know nothing of their practise, just read about it a bit.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu May 14, 2009 3:17 pm

Wanting and being able to are two different things.  Changes are made to lifestyle and yet.....  Perhaps you have not been the one struggling with the issues?  Or perhaps you just don't get it?  We are all different!

Return to “General Discussion”