How do you start socializing again?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

How do you start socializing again?

Post by swetha » Thu May 14, 2009 8:09 am

Have been thinking....
due to many reasons...we have stopped going out with friends or they have stopped coming over. These reasons havent gone away but I guess they are here to remain :smt003 So how do I start socializing again? It takes tremendous effort for me to be just able to talk on the phone. I am happy with my PC and books which isnt a very good sign.

So how do I go about making an effort to start going out again?
my husband is bipolar and may or may not accompany me. I have been sick myself and people have feared infection from me which isnt true but I have stopped trying to explain this to people. and most importantly people don't like to visit a home with three cats.

any suggestion would be appreciated!

Mystic Cadet

Post by Mystic Cadet » Thu May 14, 2009 12:13 pm

Pick up the phone, call a few friends for tea/coffee..    it's that simple..

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Thu May 14, 2009 2:31 pm

Its good to hear that you are happy with your books and the PC and your personal me time :)

It really does take only a little effort to reconnect with old friends...like Mystic Cadet said..pick up the phone...if I were you I would call the one who talks a lot...saves the trouble of talking :)

...and dont bother about any explainations :)

sabbath siren

nothing a good clean out won't fix!

Post by sabbath siren » Fri May 15, 2009 3:22 am

Start at one end of your house and clean everything from top to bottom- throw away accumulated junk, drop unwanted items off at a charity depot, spring clean every floor, wall, shelf, skirting board, window and closet.  Wash the curtains, quilts and floor matts.  The fridge, the bathroom, the garage, the medicine cabinet, the yard.  Clean out and clear away until you've covered every inch of your home environment and possessions.
Afterward, when you're standing in the middle of it all and it's all 100% done without having cut corners or left anything out, close your eyes and still yourself.  In your mind, acknowledge all that you have left behind, stripped back and washed away.  Banish that clutter and dust and grime forever.  Drop it like a weight. Imagine yourself physically shaking it all off,  like a wet dog after a bath!  Delight in energy of this action and all of your expended effort.   Smile on yourself for a job well done.  Now, imagine yourself becoming lighter and lighter.  Butterflies in your stomach as you all but float away, energized like a comet across the sky.  Take all of this lovely energy, keep what you need for yourself and release any that is leftover into the clean space around you.  Imagine it spreading out to each corner of your home to settle there, gently, shimmering on every surface and then dissipating to nothing.  One final purification to out the old and herald the new.
When you're ready, get on with life and when you find yourself pondering what to do regarding the issues you mention in your post, you will see that the situation seems different to you now and trust that you will know what to do.
Be kind to your self, Swetha, and lighten your load.
Loving kindness from S x

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri May 15, 2009 4:27 am

hey,
thanks guys :)

amalimrock

Post by amalimrock » Fri May 15, 2009 7:53 am

I also get the same feeling sometimes when I try calling a few of my friends, just tell yourself you can still talk to them and they'll talk to you. That way the conversation would turn out good :)

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon May 18, 2009 10:52 am

This may sound weird but I get tensed when I have to meet people and they may be just family and friends. nothing formal... my own friends whom I have known for years and have spent tons of time with!
feels like I have to give an exam.. but I am consciously making an effort.

Return to “General Discussion”