Who is your best friend?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Who is your best friend?

Post by swetha » Sat May 16, 2009 10:27 am

Who do you think is your best friend?
Or do you think there is nothing called a best friend?

amalimrock

Post by amalimrock » Sat May 16, 2009 10:30 am

I used to have best friends. Now I don't because I prefer treating everybody like equals. There's definately more than one person for you to share your thoughts with since people's interests are always different.

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Sat May 16, 2009 12:47 pm

How about being your own best friend? :)

Rook

Post by Rook » Sat May 16, 2009 1:24 pm

Close...

My son is my best friend.

And growing up I had a couple of people who I simply bonded with better than everyone else.  It wasn't a down play on everyone else, I believe everyone is equal, but I just shared a lot of special things with these people.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat May 16, 2009 1:37 pm

When the heart and soul goes out to another person and is shared in equal measure between the two, there is no doubt a best friend.  My hubby was my best friend and the loss stings.  I still do things that I want to share with someone who would understand me and my thoughts and miss that so much.

Ray Lightbown

best friend

Post by Ray Lightbown » Thu May 28, 2009 1:21 pm

I consider myself to be my best friend.  That isn't meant to sound ego-centric or narcissistic.  I don't always do what is in my own best interests.  But no one else consistently and totally has my best interests at heart at all times.

If I set aside the conventions of the material world then my higher consciousness and everyone elses higher consciousness and all the angels and the metaphysical components that constitute the Divine Oneness of Being are co-equally my best friend.  Because there is no separation spiritually I do not have a multitude of metaphysical best friends but only one - call it whatever you will.

There are many friends in the material world, who provide me with different and overlapping things.  There are a few who know me very well and fairly clearly and can function as "best friend".  I could narrow it down to one person that is currently most clearly fulfilling that role but all my friends have a significant part to play.

nothing

Post by nothing » Thu May 28, 2009 4:22 pm

my partner is my best friend and my only friend. :)

dhav

Post by dhav » Thu May 28, 2009 6:18 pm

Myself ;-)

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri May 29, 2009 6:37 am

how you can you be your best friend?

sabbath siren

Post by sabbath siren » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:06 pm

When a person says, "I am my own best friend", I think, sometimes, they are really (either consciously or subconsciously) affirming responsibility for the choices they are making in nurturing their self and their desired direction in life.
One of the things I regret in life is not nurturing friendships I made when I was younger.  As a result I have no history with anyone I now know (except for my family so, it's lucky for me that they are so very loving and special...I always jokingly say to people, "I hope I get the same ones in the next life"  lolol!!).  As for friends I had through my later twenties, they were probably not really my friends and so, when I cleaned up my substance abuse in 2000, I severed all of those social ties.  I have yet to make new friends but I have opted out of life in some ways till now and I'm sure that is why.  When I opt back in, lol, I know this will follow.
Did I introduce myself?  My middle name is "Procrastination" lmao
Love to you
Peta

zynaad

Post by zynaad » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:31 pm

My girlfriend is bestfriend to me. I hope this will continue to be so in future ;).

Sapphire927

Post by Sapphire927 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:45 am

I have to say my mom. When it's just me and her, were always laughing having a good time. I proudly get my silliness and optimism from her.

carfon

Post by carfon » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:16 pm

My wife is my best friend, she really is, i can tell her anything i want, she does not criticize my actions or thoughts, she has been with me in the good moments of my life and also in the not so good, but most importantly she never ask for anything in return, she has always kept strong so she can pass that strenght onto me, we are going thru a difficult time right now, and i know we are going to get thru it, together,.

CoolDude

Post by CoolDude » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:04 am

Does not matter who your best friend is, you always keep certain secrets from him or her.

7thhousedweller

Post by 7thhousedweller » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:15 am

Thanks to the Pluto transit through my 11th house, I am my best friend! It is definitely for the better though...

Return to “General Discussion”