What do you Remember?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

alyolu

What do you Remember?

Post by alyolu » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:45 am

Okay..let me ask this... has anyone give thought to the old proverbial saying/question... Why is it that we can remember our past, but not our future.

I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on this?

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:14 am

We in an ever growing development.

Since "WE" don't know the final result, our future must be created as we go, even if a "HIGHER FORCE" sit with some sort of blueprint.

Seen in the eyes of Mother Nature, we are only "micro organisms" that is a part (or maybe a virus) on "Her" development.

Seen from our race's view, we are the "Heart" of the system, and we try to make it the way we feel it should be.

Seen from personal view, we struggle to do the best out of it, to do so we our self benefit most, with very few or no thoughts about our collected future and our co-inhabitants and our "Home"( Nature)

So why can't we remember the future?...because we make it every second we live...we never know what hit us around the corner, we never know when we will have our first kiss, we never know when we will make our last breath, and be glad for it.

Our most important part, is our genes, this is where our collected  information is stored, this is where the blueprint on how we shall become is created.

Each living soul in our "gene thread" (from the first, long before we become human) have put their information into this thread, this has then slowly changed us the way we are, because we are controlled by our past, what we used to do, what we specialized in.
......at least that is how I see my development....and how I have got treats from my ancestors....and how I can see in my children and grand children, the same way to behave as me...or as "mother in Law, or my wife or my father..yea .my combined family :)

So short..past can be told because it has been....future can't be told..because it has to be created :)

sidchowdary

hi

Post by sidchowdary » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:17 pm

u can shape ur future but not the past

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:27 pm

The past is your experience.  The future is your potential.

Tonjalea

Post by Tonjalea » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:49 pm

I have a different take on this then most. Only because of my own experiences.

For me.... remembering the future is actually taking me there.
I do believe that we can remember the future as well as the past because time is not linear but circular and everything is already done.

How this has worked for me personally is that I had loads of 'prophetic' dreams growing up. Didn't have any doubts at that time that they were real and that things would be the way that I saw them. Most of those dreams were showing me the future and chaotic times but feeling calm and in my own silence, hearing a voice that would tell me what to do to help the others. It felt like training or preperation.

So because of all those dreams and my believing in them, the steps that I have taken because of them...  are actually seeming to be leading me there....
Hard to explain I guess.

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:48 pm

Why do we only remember some of the past and not all of it?

A book I began reading was explaining that it is all due to the mind spirit connection being afflicted. I can imagine not seeing the future could be part of the same affliction.

"the past is history, the future is a mystery, all we have is the present"

A cool quote I saw painted on a smooth beach stone at a house I was staying at.

I think time is cyclical. While we may have come to this point in the cycle many time before, we have never been here with all the experience we now have from all the other times we've been around.

I think the future can cast a shadow on the present and that it is possible to see an outline of the future.

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:06 am

Aegeus wrote:Why do we only remember some of the past and not all of it?

A book I began reading was explaining that it is all due to the mind spirit connection being afflicted. I can imagine not seeing the future could be part of the same affliction.

"the past is history, the future is a mystery, all we have is the present"

A cool quote I saw painted on a smooth beach stone at a house I was staying at.

I think time is cyclical. While we may have come to this point in the cycle many time before, we have never been here with all the experience we now have from all the other times we've been around.

I think the future can cast a shadow on the present and that it is possible to see an outline of the future.
My Greek friend :) nobody knows more about metaphysics in todays world than I do :) but I ain't ever going to say this again :) (this is just between you and I).

"I think the future can cast a shadow on the present and that it is possible to see an outline of the future.""quote, Aegeus".

Aegeus, you are extremely right!

The problem is the past and it's affect on the present and the future :)

The problem is the "baggage" or no one would be in a state of ignorance :)

What is all of the baggage that we all do carry Aegeus? How do we dump "it" so that the future is clean :) ? And the present is also the future :) and we drift into a clean present and future. What gifts did Aegues in the past leave Aegeus in the present and the future? :) What gifts did Sunny leave Sunny :) ?

Your post is cool Aegeus! It creates questions that need to be expored :) if one actually cares about others and their state of being in this physical world.

Just love!

sunny

Maggie_Mamacat

Post by Maggie_Mamacat » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:27 am

I'd say that if we can't remember the future it's because doing so would be bad for us, might diminish life's mysteries or make us less able to evolve naturally.

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:42 pm

Maggie_Mamacat wrote:I'd say that if we can't remember the future it's because doing so would be bad for us, might diminish life's mysteries or make us less able to evolve naturally.
Maggie :) you present an interesting argument.

Some folks claim that there are alot of futures and that we can pick the one that we want. I have no desire to remember any of them :) for exactly the reasons that you have stated.

Love,

sunny

sidchowdary

my opinion

Post by sidchowdary » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:50 am

remember the good done and forget the bad done to u

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:23 am

Forgive the bad, but still learn from it. Only dwell on good things. A lesson can be retained without the memory.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:19 pm

There is 'value' in every lesson and experience.  When we learn to retain and use the value of the lesson and leave the pain and suffering involved, we are growing spiritually.

sunmystic

Re: my opinion

Post by sunmystic » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:14 pm

sidchowdary wrote:remember the good done and forget the bad done to u
Sid you are wise :) And your advice is very functional in so many ways!

just love,

sunny

Return to “General Discussion”