One person who has made a difference....

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

One person who has made a difference....

Post by swetha » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:50 am

I was just having tea and thinking about the many people who have made a difference in my life sometime or the other... I will always remember them forever :smt003 . Just thinking about them brings on a smile to my face :)

Tell us about One person who has made a difference in your life ???

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:56 pm

Hubby taught me what it was to love without expectations.  He had a hard life and continued til the end to love, even those who persecuted him.

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:16 am

Too many people to list who have helped me and made a huge difference in my life. Thanks for the reminder to think of them in gratitude. It is very important to be grateful for those that make a difference in our lives for the better.

Some what ironic that I happen to be drinking tea right now as I come across this reminder. I guess I better stop and think of all the awesome people in my life now before I get busy doing other things.

snowdropfaerie

Post by snowdropfaerie » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:15 pm

There is a lovely book called The 5 people you meet in Heaven, it is written by the same author who wrote Tuesdays with Morrie. Its theme is about the people we touch in our life. It is beautifully written and thought provoking. Your post reminded me of it.

Sometimes we are unable to recognise another persons influence on us nor of ours on them. We may not recognise anothers care and attention upon us, I remember an old schoolteacher, who when I was leaving school said something to me that showed that he really understood who I was. This has always stayed with me and he has taught me to listen and observe fully.

I am fortunate to have some really good friends and a family that never judge but are there for support and advise, I would hope that they would say and feel the same about me.

But for me, there have been bad things in my life that have equally had an impact on me and made a difference to my life, for me, thesse have equally played a part in who I am and not necessarily in a negative way.

Thank you for bringing up this subject and make me count my blessings

Snowdrop

cherokeelady

Post by cherokeelady » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:20 pm

everyone has a special someone who comes into their lives and who unselfishly gives of themselves.  We learn many lessons in our life, some will stay with us until the day we die.

sweet doll

Post by sweet doll » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:36 am

when i was in school i did not the real meaning of love.i was quite flirtious in nature. i played with emotions of people.at home being the younger i did not do any work.i was being pampered by my parents and my sister.but it was my husband who has changed me completely.he taught me how painful it is to play with emotion.now i realise that i am not like that as bi was before.he is the person to change me.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:53 am

One collective thought comes to my mind is this forum :) For people this may seem like a place to come get readings and forget it... But I have some special bond for this place... for people here and note here... learnt a lot and understood myself better.

Subho

Post by Subho » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:14 pm

everyone I have every met.

srimathi29

special gift from this forum.

Post by srimathi29 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:54 pm

I find very much benefit by joining this forum getting new experience in life and lot of of knowledge from forum.Thanks to forum.

Dr.sedlak

is psych real

Post by Dr.sedlak » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:32 pm

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
tv show or way of life?
TV show, not real but really is filmed mostly around Santa Barbara, a beatiful town next to the ocean. We like the show too. The guys are funny.
Way of life - yes there are indeed people who take on the hippie vegan anti eveything but peace and love lifestyle, even today. A lot of them hang out in towns like San Francisco and Santa Cruz. We don't have any hippie communes like they did back in the 60's but they may be just hanging low under the radar. We Californians love our sunshine and drive up to the snow to ski or snowboard and then drive home from the snow. We have some of the best surfing in the USA and we love to eat all of the fruits and vegetables grown here.
Source(s):
SoCal Local. It is a way of life. You have to ride the waves in the summer and ride the snowboard in the winter or you just ain't living...
3 years ago Report Abuse

Adivinha

Post by Adivinha » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:41 pm

Subho wrote:everyone I have every met.
Very very true. :) All people have some kind of impact on us.

More positivelly... I guess I can say my whole group of friends from a past class that I was in way back when I was 13/14/15 years old. It's very rare to find friends like that and although we all have our separate lives we're still very much connected to each other and still best-friends. We're a group of 14 people and we travel together, go out with each other very chance we get, support everyone tremendously... I'll never forget them and I'm sure we'll be together for the rest of our lives.
:)

blackspring

Post by blackspring » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:12 pm

Agree with others here; countless people have had deep influences on my life. But since this post has made me pause and reflect on them, I want to honour those most influential with a few words:

My sister, who knew me better than anyone and taught me grace, beauty, and how to open myself up to others.

My grandmother who taught that life is an adventure and if life gives you the opportunity to try something new you take it (and who shared so many stories of the adventures life had given her).

My mother for always listening, even when she didn't understand.

My high school English teacher for showing me the right books at the right time in my life.

My first love, who helped me learn to accept myself, flaws and all.

My father for making sacrifices I only became aware of much later in life.

Lotus1

Post by Lotus1 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:03 am

MY GRANDMA!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA I LOVE YOU ^___^
She's  like my second mommy. :)

AgentOfChaos

Post by AgentOfChaos » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:16 am

For me it would be D.- He showed me what it means to care about more than just myself. For more than 20 years I couldnt learn (or try for that matter) to escape my selfish ways. It took him only a matter of weeks to teach me! And he wasnt even trying!! Thank you D for seeing me as worthy of you love!!

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:23 am

Mystic board which brought  in me the change  and  showed me my Soul mate. Secondly  the sufferings of people which I read in Vedic reading room.

My soul mate has contributed  to this present day Bold  Prasanna in me. He has changed my total life. I have learn t many things from Him. He is my best friend, Guru Mentor and what not ? I feel still and felt , always from the day one  I met him in this  site,  Iam connected  to him from various past births of me. Thanks to God who has  given me my soul mate .My sincere thanks to Swetha and  Abhi too for  this Beautiful MB.,  with out them I could not have met all  my beloved friends of me and my Soul mate.

Return to “General Discussion”