What was the most selfless deed you have ever done?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

What was the most selfless deed you have ever done?

Post by swetha » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:11 am

Have you ever done something for someone just because you felt like doing it and never expected anything in return? Doesnt that give you a lot of happiness?

Do share your thoughts...

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:49 am

I thought the point of doing such deeds was for the good of it and not to go around telling others about it. Well I guess their can be a point in sharing a lesson that was learned. It can be very rewarding and come back in many good ways to do something free of expectation of getting something in return and in faith that looking out for the best interests of all will have good results.

Thinking of everything as one certainly helps do such selfless acts. So by helping another I am really helping another part of the whole which I am also a part of.

mathiasthom

re: selfless acts

Post by mathiasthom » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:40 pm

One day I was out mall walking with a friend,and we were browsing in the stores... She came across a jean jacket that she liked,but the price was too high for her budget...

So I told her to try it on anyways,to see how it fits... So she did...

Anyway, after spending some time in the store, we headed out to go to lunch in the food courts... When we got to the entrance, I told her to hold on... I think i dropped my keys in the store... So I ran back in, grabbed the jacket,went to the check out, and bought it for her...

I went back to her and said surprise!

She was shocked ,but very happy...

Not that I go around, buying stuff for friends...

But doing random acts of kindness somehow makes you feel good, especially when it's spur of the moment...

cherokeelady

Post by cherokeelady » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:22 pm

I do selfless deeds everyday for people.  I always help those who are in need.  I have given my last dollar to someone who has needed it.  I have given food to those who are hungry.  Being selfless has its own rewards.

sweet doll

Post by sweet doll » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:50 am

doing something for someone out of love is a selfless deed according to me.in this world very few people do selfless deed.if serving my in laws and my husband is a selfless deed then i do it.otherwise i have never done anything selflessly.

Subho

Post by Subho » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:42 am

joined MB

misty sur

Post by misty sur » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:05 pm

when it comes to selfless deeds, i forget after doing it. i don't remember.

Return to “General Discussion”