What I've noticed

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Ianna Leane

What I've noticed

Post by Ianna Leane » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:40 am

I see so many posts of people wanting this or people wanting that.  Look at my picture and tell me what you see.  However, I very seldom see said people participating to return the favors.  Every once in awhile, I will post a question in areas that I cannot or am not knowledgable to perform; however, I pay that graditude forward by helping others in areas I am familiar with.

There are so many people that register just to get free advice (for entertainment purposes), and then they leave.  It must really be frustrating to an extent; almost like you feel you are being used in away.  Then, you come across some that are completely out of line with the answers they receive never even taking into account that your services were free and not a "duty".  As if this were your job.

I would personally like to thank those that have helped me, as well of those that continue to post.  There is so much more here than just "free software".  There are talented individuals that love "LOVE" their gifts enough to share them with so many other people.  I just wish that more people would pay it forward.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:39 am

Hello Ianna,
I do agree with you. The urge to contributing to the forum needs to come from within. There are so many members and readers here who make time from their busy schedule to help run the board...They dont owe me anything. they dont "need" to do it. And all I can give them in return is my love and appreciation. They dont even expect anything in return. I am sure sooner or later people will appreciate more and help us pay it forward :)

thomasanthony83

Post by thomasanthony83 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:17 pm

I have recently been drawn to these forums and I feel like I am suppose to be here for something. I have done a CRAZY amount of reading, refocusing, and meditation since I have been a member here and in a short time I have developed some knowledge that I didn't really know I had. I think that for the most part, this place is great for people like me who are trying to really learn about life like we are. It helps us grow, and it helps others with comforting and balance. All in all, it seems like a win-win proposition to me. I am very careful on when I post things and I don't say anything that isn't really clear to me. I have had connections with certain people on here, and others I thought I did, but it wasn't for that person specifically, (i think you call it 3rd party readings?) where i want to connect with someone because of someone else they knew.. I am just getting my feet wet, but trust me, they are wet. The amount of knowledge that I have imbibed in the short time that I have been practicing and studying here has been amazing.

Swetha, you helped me see things that I knew, but didn't know how too, and now after LOTS of reading and even MORE refocusing, I can do some beautiful things.. I have a lot of growing to do, a lot of strengthening, and a lot more refocusing to do, but I know this is where I will find the support for it.

Ianna, I am drawn to you like a magnet, but in the same light, I am just not ready to help you the way you need. I have read your posts and replies and I feel a spark inside me, but it never gets to ignite the flame I need to see you. I think that will change in time and we can become better friends in our life.

I love you all, and when I say love, I mean that it is a sincere gesture of appreciation that I feel for everyone in here!

-tom-

thomasanthony83

Post by thomasanthony83 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:18 pm

i don't know why it double posted.. can you correct that swetha?

Celestial Beginnings

Tit - for - Tat

Post by Celestial Beginnings » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:14 am

I am new to posting in forums, not a newbie by any means, but I'm still learning the ropes.  Even I have noticed that a lot of forums, whatever their subject matter, experiences the same difficulty you describe.  I think MB is doing a admirable job in keeping activity on the board quality instead of quantity through the "post requirements" for MB software.  Unfortunately, there are always bad apples in the barrel that meet the requirements with quality information under the tone of being forced.

My Two Cents,

Celestial Beginnings

Return to “General Discussion”