i would like a true friend

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

justaman

i would like a true friend

Post by justaman » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:47 pm

i am at times very lonley but i have got used to being on my own, so i dont realy know if i do want a friendship, does anyone else feel this way??

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:45 pm

We learn a lot about ourselves in our relationships.  It is important to interact and not let life pass you by.  Be a participant as much as an observer in life.

sunmystic

Re: i would like a true friend

Post by sunmystic » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:49 am

justaman wrote:i am at times very lonley but i have got used to being on my own, so i dont realy know if i do want a friendship, does anyone else feel this way??
I spent most of my life being truely lonely, as did my wife. When I became use to the world of lonely, God brought my wife and I together.

I never want to go back to loneliness, but :) I am a stronger companion to my wife and she to me, because both her and I understand loneliness.

Some times the knowledge of experience is better, than the quick gift, in the long run of happiness.

love,

sunmystic

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:20 am

I think I know how you feel...

I feel extremely lonely at times and it is very unpleasant to realize that I have in fact isolated myself - and having done so for a while - have naturally integrated loneliness as part of my ego, which - like all things - will fight to survive, and which - like all other negative aspects about ones perception of the self - is naturally attractive, since anything that you already consider yourself to be is automatically subconsciously considered to be "safe."

I guess the magick question is:

What do you want a friend for?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:32 pm

'No man is an island'.  There was never a truer saying.  If  you are in life to learn lessons, it takes all relationships to define those lessons.  You learn with and through your relationships.

sabbath siren

Post by sabbath siren » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:08 pm

Ok...is it just me or, is there a theme at mystic board this week?
:)

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:18 pm

Charlesman wrote:I think I know how you feel...

I feel extremely lonely at times and it is very unpleasant to realize that I have in fact isolated myself - and having done so for a while - have naturally integrated loneliness as part of my ego, which - like all things - will fight to survive, and which - like all other negative aspects about ones perception of the self - is naturally attractive, since anything that you already consider yourself to be is automatically subconsciously considered to be "safe."

I guess the magick question is:

What do you want a friend for?
Charles that was very deep :) (and very well said!). I don't have any friends except for my wife :) so Charles I can relate to your question :) reading you posts are making me smile :)

love you!

sunmystic

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:21 pm

sabbath siren wrote:Ok...is it just me or, is there a theme at mystic board this week?
:)
Sabbath there could very well be :) now if we could just put it to music we could then release a CD and hit the big time!

love you,

sunmystic

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:23 pm

spiritalk wrote:'No man is an island'.  There was never a truer saying.  If  you are in life to learn lessons, it takes all relationships to define those lessons.  You learn with and through your relationships.
I am not here to learn lessons :) I am here to forget the lessons that I learned :)

love,

sunmystic

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:37 pm

As most of us feel the earth plane with all its aberrant energies is a learning ground - that would mean you have a definite idea you are here for something else?  Where do you learn the lessons you choose to forget?  Why aren't they important?  Are they the spirituality of self or the ego of self?

PetraVanilla

Post by PetraVanilla » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:43 pm

I believe we have to clarify also, whether we talk about loneliness or solitude. Solitude is the choice of being by yourself, loneliness being by yourself, desiring not to be alone any longer. I have had periods in my life where I chose solitude, usually to contemplate life, advance myself spiritually and heal. I have been lonely, both by myself and in a crowd...and I believe in strong friends - those who let you have solitude when you need it and still be there for you afterward, and help you overcome loneliness, during good and bad times on their end or yours - and then I return the favors. Everybody needs relationships at least at some points in their lives, otherwise you become bitter and unaccustomed to socializing, which can be a hurdle. Also consider the aspect of networking to achieve higher goals in your life. Sometimes the lessons we learn through other people seem so insignificant, but later we find that they have made a great impact on us.
Take time to withdraw, but also foster GREAT friendship relationships.

Blessings!

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:36 pm

spiritalk wrote:As most of us feel the earth plane with all its aberrant energies is a learning ground - that would mean you have a definite idea you are here for something else?  Where do you learn the lessons you choose to forget?  Why aren't they important?  Are they the spirituality of self or the ego of self?
"Most of us feel..." :) Spirit Talk you are an awesome representive to the feelings of most of humankind. You are also the only person on this message board that is licensed by this message board to promote their religion at the expence of the religion of others. None of the rest of us are :)

sunmystic

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:10 pm

O dear - does it sound like that?  I don't believe my religion is the same as many on the boards.  

I have met a broad range of religious thought in my lifetime and there are some commonalities (which I like to find) as well as some difference (which I choose to ignore).  And I try to offer the same to others.  

There are many followings (religious, spiritual, philosophical, scientific) who believe in the earth as a learning experience.  It is a broad range topic from all I have seen.  There will be of course others who do not see it that way.  

Heaven help the one who thinks they have all the answers.  They usually haven't even heard the right questions yet.

God bless, J

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:19 pm

spiritalk wrote:O dear - does it sound like that?  I don't believe my religion is the same as many on the boards.  

I have met a broad range of religious thought in my lifetime and there are some commonalities (which I like to find) as well as some difference (which I choose to ignore).  And I try to offer the same to others.  

There are many followings (religious, spiritual, philosophical, scientific) who believe in the earth as a learning experience.  It is a broad range topic from all I have seen.  There will be of course others who do not see it that way.  

Heaven help the one who thinks they have all the answers.  They usually haven't even heard the right questions yet.

God bless, J
You are a wily one aren't you :)

Some also consider the story that, "we are here to learn something.", is Satan's excuse to be Satan :)

A child's mind is set by the time that they are six, from there they spend the rest of their life trying to undo the trama. Some, more than others. It is not about learning, it is about unlearning. You are being complacent about the way things are and you are encouraging others to think that things are the way they should be. :)

Oh well.

love,

sunmystic

PetraVanilla

Post by PetraVanilla » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:13 pm

sunmystic wrote:
spiritalk wrote:O dear - does it sound like that?  I don't believe my religion is the same as many on the boards.  

God bless, J
You are a wily one aren't you :)

Some also consider the story that, "we are here to learn something.", is Satan's excuse to be Satan :)

A child's mind is set by the time that they are six, from there they spend the rest of their life trying to undo the trama. Some, more than others. It is not about learning, it is about unlearning. You are being complacent about the way things are and you are encouraging others to think that things are the way they should be. :)

Oh well.

love,

sunmystic
We all choose what we learn... we also choose to make mistakes due to lack of learning and lack of learning the proper things... and then we realize we're learning a lesson after all... but we could have had it easier to begin with and the lesson learned could have been more pleasurable... if we had been proactive... :smt002 .

Hugs, you people!

Return to “General Discussion”