Meditations ?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sunmystic

Meditations ?

Post by sunmystic » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:27 am

Guys, what "meditations" are you guys doing? Why are you doing those meditations and what do you expect the benefits to be because you are doing these meditations?

I think that we should all settle down and have a look at meditations from everybodies different angle.

"Oh, I am meditating!" Ok :)

A meditation is a mind exercise of "some sort" and they all effect something in some sort of the word "effect" :) .

What do some folks have you doing, relative to meditations, and what results are you experiencing from it?

Your experiences can be a gift to others and should be explored, if you are willing to? If not, then do not post :) .

This topic is about sharing meditations and your experiences with the ones you have tried :) as a gift to others who are interested.

love,

sunmystic

happyme

Post by happyme » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:48 am

I am not good at meditating. I tend to draw more from dreams. I definitely take Spiritalk's point though that it is better to meditate, because then you are in a more alert and protected state, and able to remember more of what is being received and even get it in a better context. My current focus is to improve my meditation skills, because I know it can help a lot with my spiritual growth while developing a stronger relationship with my guides.

cameo

Post by cameo » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:04 am

What a brilliant topic.  I am going to watch this one with great interest, as I do have problems with my meditations, so hope to be able to gleen some help and advice from what people write.  It would be interesting to know what people focus on initially at the start of the meditation, as this seems to be my main stumbling block.  Once I get 'deep into it' then I dont have any problems. But more times I tend to have a problem with the first bit of focusing, shutting down the active mind, as my mind wont stop racing and so its hard to settle into a good meditation.  

Hope that I can get some help from this thread.  Thanks for posting it.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:17 pm

Meditation means by definition - to think upon.  That is the clear indication that the mind is not going to be stopped.  So, therefore, we must refocus our thoughts and how we think.  

Meditation is about calming the body to get into the spirit.  We use the mind as the vehicle for this exercise. Using visualization is a method of inner site.  

All our 5 senses (sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch - tactile and emotional) are available and in meditation we take them to the psychic sensitivities that will open.  Plus we add intuition from the gut and I know from the heart.

All meditation has a purpose.  The first and foremost purpose for meditation is to find the peace and calm of inner quiet.  But it can also be used to address the spirit within.

Lets say we just walked into the room in which we are going to meditate - what is step one?  

- The environment must be suitable to rest and relaxation.  Sitting upright is best, but a comfortable chair is important.  Reduced light will keep the senses dulled to the environment.  Soft classical music playing (no words) to bring peace to the environment aids the relaxation process.  There are many crystals and stones with the energy to bring peace as well.  Consider their presence too.

What you are doing is preparing the place to as much peace as possible.  And also allowing the time you wish to donate to the meditation to be undisturbed.

- Sit down on your chair, close the eyes to the environment, and just breathe deeply.  Most of the time we breathe in the upper quadrent of the lungs.  Take your breathing to the diaphram.  You can even picture it like blowing up a balloon and then releasing the stress of the body with the exhail.  Light in/stress out.  

Concentrate on the breathing for a short time.  As we are not watching a clock it is important to be in touch with your own body, mind, spirit to keep you practicing calmly and in peace.

- To add to the deep breathing you have begun, open a spot on the crown of the head that sends out a cord of connection to the higher power (God) of your own understanding.  You are on the energy thread of love when you address the source.  As the energy enters you it can flow through all your cells from the head right down to the feet as you envision your connection.

Throughout the meditation breathe deeply and see this flow of energy.  This is what keeps you relaxed and yet at the same time alert and flowing.

- You are ready to place a scene of peace in the forehead area - third eye location.  This should be from your imagination and nature.  If it is from memory it might raise some fears of the place you may have buried.  So it is best to be of your own imagination.

When the mind wanders, and it will (some call this the monkey mind) blow a gentle breeze and allow the aberrant thought in and then blow it out.  Then immediately take the mind back to the place of peace you are creating.

- For those doing mediumship, when the peace is settled in you are ready to invite your spirit guide into your meditation.  You do this with a symbol (a flower, waterfall, tree, etc.) from nature and provide a seat for them to sit upon and commune in your space.

cameo

Post by cameo » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:05 pm

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR THAT, IT IS SO HELPFUL, ESPECIALLY THE LOWER DIAPHRAM BREATHING THING.  I WILL DEFINITELY MAKE SURE I DO THAT TOMORROW.

GOD BLESS.
CAM

happyme

Post by happyme » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:08 am

Thanks a lot spiritalk, I am going to try this tomorrow. xx

fisk_82

Re: Meditations ?

Post by fisk_82 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:01 am

sunmystic wrote:Guys, what "meditations" are you guys doing? Why are you doing those meditations and what do you expect the benefits to be because you are doing these meditations?
i'm starting meditation about 6 months a go... and continue to do it daily ^.^
my first concern is my health... i'm searching about meditation things in health journal and found out that meditation really works to enhance serotonin level in the brain... serotonin is a neurotransmitter that involve much in mood regulation... and we know very well that a good mood is an important factor to reach a good health...

when the serotonin secreted in the brain, the brain will make our body more relax... and in the state of relaxation, the stress signal is minimum... as it continue to make minimum secretion of cortisol, a hormone that do damage to your body

as for these six months, i feel healthier... before doing meditation, i get sick very often, it looks like that my body is not have good imune system

and actually after the body become more healthy... my mind also more healthy, i rarely get angry and become more stable right now

sunmystic

Meditation

Post by sunmystic » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:40 pm

"What you place thought into is "activated"." You can place thought by feeling something with your mind and you can place thought by picturing things within your mind and you can place thought by doing both at the same time. When you activate something you are energizing it in some way.

In China they have Dao/Tao masters that use this princible to acumulate Chi (qi) and these masters do some amazing things with this acumulated Chi (qi).

love,

sunmystic

sunmystic

Meditation

Post by sunmystic » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:51 pm

"What you place thought into is activated."

You can use this princible to stimulate your autonomic nervous system with your conscience mind, you can use this princible to heal things, and you can use this princible to prevent things from becoming sick.

love,

sunmystic

sunmystic

Meditation

Post by sunmystic » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:02 pm

"What you place thought into is activated."

The picture below is an example of a person in meditation. What areas of their body is this person stimulating/activating with meditation?
Attachments
gayatri.jpg
gayatri.jpg (37.92 KiB) Viewed 2145 times

happyme

Post by happyme » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:56 pm

Thanks Sunmystic that was very helpful. I will try it out soon.

Today, I was feeling extremely depressed to a point where it was unbearable. I lied down on my back and closed my eyes tightly for a while. I never fell asleep. I wrapped my fist tightly around my rosary and laid it on my chest, then laid my other hand on top of it. I immediately got really hot (I was feeling cold before), I nearly started to sweat. I also saw a lot of electric purple blue colour flashing in varying forms at me while my eyes were closed. I got hotter and hotter. I could feel a lot of energy pulsing in my hands while they were tightly wrapped around the rosary. I was like this for a while, then I opened my eyes and saw an orb looking back down on me, it looked like dark purple, definitely not black. I am not happy or joyful, but it helped a lot, because I feel much more at peace with myself and in control now, where as before something bad might have happened. I know I channeled Archangel Michael, and I am relieved he visited in my time of need.

I am seeing 4:56 as I posted this.

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:17 pm

happyme wrote:Thanks Sunmystic that was very helpful. I will try it out soon.

Today, I was feeling extremely depressed to a point where it was unbearable. I lied down on my back and closed my eyes tightly for a while. I never fell asleep. I wrapped my fist tightly around my rosary and laid it on my chest, then laid my other hand on top of it. I immediately got really hot (I was feeling cold before), I nearly started to sweat. I also saw a lot of electric purple blue colour flashing in varying forms at me while my eyes were closed. I got hotter and hotter. I could feel a lot of energy pulsing in my hands while they were tightly wrapped around the rosary. I was like this for a while, then I opened my eyes and saw an orb looking back down on me, it looked like dark purple, definitely not black. I am not happy or joyful, but it helped a lot, because I feel much more at peace with myself and in control now, where as before something bad might have happened. I know I channeled Archangel Michael, and I am relieved he visited in my time of need.

I am seeing 4:56 as I posted this.
Sorry that you are not feeling well Happy, that seems to happen to most of us from time to time. Hope you get to feeling better!

you are loved!

sunmystic

spiritalk

Re: Meditation

Post by spiritalk » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:56 pm

sunmystic wrote:"What you place thought into is activated."

The picture below is an example of a person in meditation. What areas of their body is this person stimulating/activating with meditation?

All pictures of the spiritually adept (from the prophets - Jesus, Mohammed, Ghandi, Mother Teresa) all showed a glow behind and eminating from the crown.  It would appear this meditator is in the mind of spirituality.

sunmystic

Re: Meditation

Post by sunmystic » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:30 pm

spiritalk wrote:
sunmystic wrote:"What you place thought into is activated."

All pictures of the spiritually adept (from the prophets - Jesus, Mohammed, Ghandi, Mother Teresa) all showed a glow behind and eminating from the crown.  It would appear this meditator is in the mind of spirituality.
"This meditator is in the mind of spirituality." :) Spirit Talk that is an interesting way of putting it :) ! I hadn't thought of it that way. To me based on my experience the meditator has woken up the areas that makes them a god. And these abilities that are woken up can be used in a spiritual sense or a non spiritual sense. There is the concept of "golden white light" though, most of the Divine radiate golden white light :) from those areas and sometimes around their whole body.

To me the person in the picture is also placing thought in their power center (the golden belt around their tummy) and in their heart center (the necklace (life harnass? :) ) that they are wearing.")

Anyway I love that picture it says alot stuff (at least to me :) ).

love,

sunmystic

happyme

Post by happyme » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:27 pm

Thanks Sunmystic, hope you and the rest of Mysticboard enjoyed your holidays.

Return to “General Discussion”