When life gets in the way of learning?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

earthymum

When life gets in the way of learning?

Post by earthymum » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Hello  :smt006

Just wanted to air my thoughts and feelings, if anyone would like to join in and comment you are more than welcome.

Id like to start by telling you all a little about myself  :smt002

Born under the sign of the Bull it is most certainly a true representative of me, I am the Bull without a doubt.
Passionate, loving and so very loyal to those I love.
I am also very stubborn, have an awful temper and can be rather possessive at times (a trait I hate! although trying to sort this one)

But I am earthy..... I love nature, I feel so happy inside when im out on the moors or surrounded by beautiful natural surroundings.

All my life I have never felt alone, when very young I knew there was something else.

We lived in an old 4 story Victorian house, built to last!
Before us lived a medium, she told my mum a few things about the house (im not aware what it was)
I have been told that when we first moved in I ran up two flights of stairs, and stopped dead at the third level, I looked up in fear and would not move up the next flight.
My dad said this always spooked him but he at the time told me that there was nothing there and nothing to be frightened of.
I remember clearly always feeling uneasy walking down those flight of stairs.

My childhood has had a huge impact both negatively and positively, living in a broken home and dealing with much upset even as I got older took many years to accept.

I have moved on and learned a great deal.

I have always been interested in paranormal and spirit (I was given a set of tarot at the age of 9 by an unknown family member)
Over the years, especially the last 5 my interest has grown considerably.

But one thing I find frustrating is how much life has got in the way of learning and growing with spirit, initially I feel that this is part of my learning but after one of the hardest of years, 2009 made me feel so far away from spirit.

Although one thing that has kept me going is 11:11

I have seen this 1000s of times; unsure of the meaning I believe it’s them trying to reassure me.

I would love nothing more than to learn how to connect with sprit and really get to know them, I feel deep down this is something I can do and I hope it will happen soon.
Is it life getting in the way of growing with them? Or is it really part of learning and I am with them?

Earthy

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:40 pm

Very nice post :)

Life is all about learning.
Learning contain both pleasant and unpleasant experiences.
Since life always are in progress, we will always need to be open for new thoughts, and we can seldom say that life has got in our way, it is just we who have had focus on something, we after experienced it, don't fancy as much as something else.

So follow your heart, be open, let life unfold, and you will see that you pick those experiences you fancy at the right time.

If we listen to much to others opinion about how to proceed, then we live "their life", and that is not necessarily yours, that is why you shall listen to your inner voice.

Don't go into the trap to believe that you never will waste any time, that you will do everything right, if you follow your inner voice, because that is not the case.

If we should be able to do that....then life had to be known....there would never be any surprises...always think...in order to understand real happiness, you need to experience real despair :)

Good luck...maybe Spiritalk's forum is a good start on your journey.....but again remember there are several ways to reach a goal.....her's is just one of them :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:09 pm

Let life unfold.  One of the best pieces of  advice ever given - and yet can often be the hardest.  We tend to push, pull and otherwise struggle with our lessons and challenges of life.  But that is just our nature.  

When the student is ready, the teacher is found.  Try out many things to get to the knowledge you are seeking.  This forum has more experts in the paranormal than most.  Numerology here will help with the ll:ll.  

God bless the journey.

earthymum

Post by earthymum » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:29 pm

Thank you so much both of you for your replies.

Rhutobello -
Yes I agree life is about learning, I do believe over these past 10 years especialy and 2009 I have experienced despair.
Its tough but I can look back thank goodness and learn a lot from it.

I have been browsing Spiritalk's forum and I certainly feel I will be making posts over there  :)

Spiritalk-
Yes absolutly, this is most certainly something I am guilty of, I just want it to come quickly or move too quickly and not have to experience the inbetween, would be nice to just skip that part!

But I know deep down I must experience these things, if not more importantly for myself but for my children.

I will have a look in the numerology section thank you.

Earthy x

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:43 pm

While each lesson is a learning experience, no one said it had to contain pain or discomfort.  Learn from your joys as well.

Fortune cookie wisdom...For every sorrow there are a thousand joys.  

Seeking out the joys of life can help us to see that life is not so bad after all.  That is a part of staying positive, even through the tough challenges.  And, of yes, there will be things we face that are hard to take.  But isn't just our emotions and thoughts on it after all?

earthymum

Post by earthymum » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:27 pm

Oh absolutly agree, there have been many many joys.

Laughing with friends and family and watching the great things my children do are huge boosters.

I tend to remind myself that at times it helps to think as a child as children in their innocense believe that always everything will be alright, no matter what.

Positive thinking isn't my strong point, but something I am working on :)

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:31 am

sometimes you end up learning the tough way... at the cost of someone's life...

Return to “General Discussion”