Why we DON'T see it coming!

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

mysticvirgo

Why we DON'T see it coming!

Post by mysticvirgo » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Was having a discussion with my wife on how clearly I can now see the circumstances surrounding the Haiti disaster.  "Why couldn't you see that before it happened?"

I thought hard on this, several minutes.  "Well", I said," It is like this. Imagin you are in a car , barrelling down a foggy road and you hit something that was in the road.  You can't tell exactly what it was , emerging from the fog, until perhaps, at the moment of impact, you may have a quick flash of clarity, but too late to do aything about it. You won't know exactly what it was that you hit untill you stop, get out, walk back and look at it."

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:32 pm

Isn't hindsight marvellous!  Perhaps we need to be a little more sensitive to our actions.  Each thing we do leads to the next thing - it is called the law of cause and effect.  

On a national scale we can all think of something to try and halt before it hits the stone in the road.  On a global scale this is also true.

georgek

Re: Why we DON'T see it coming!

Post by georgek » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:42 pm

mysticvirgo wrote:Was having a discussion with my wife on how clearly I can now see the circumstances surrounding the Haiti disaster.  "Why couldn't you see that before it happened?"

I thought hard on this, several minutes.  "Well", I said," It is like this. Imagin you are in a car , barrelling down a foggy road and you hit something that was in the road.  You can't tell exactly what it was , emerging from the fog, until perhaps, at the moment of impact, you may have a quick flash of clarity, but too late to do aything about it. You won't know exactly what it was that you hit untill you stop, get out, walk back and look at it."
If I were there, and it presented a danger....I would see it coming.

Even if I did see it happening, nobody would listen to me anyway.

I saw Hurricane Kyle hit the East coast of America and told them to watch out for Maine.

They just laughed at my posts and told me that Maine had temps of 30 degrees and that was impossible. Five or six days later, emergencies were getting ready at Maine, for the worst hurricane in 17 yrs.

I told them about Julio and they laughed. They are still laughing....

So...why bother. When things do happen, who listened anyway?

That be the answer to your question...because it does not matter what people will see, they only talk when it is too late.

A god who is both wiser and older than I, can see what others fail to see...and enough sense not to bother trying.

It is my so called madness that saves me from danger, because I move out the way and listen to my god.

George

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:42 pm

When someone sets themselves up as the ultimate authority, there is just so much hype anyone take.......

I found this response on another thread and just had to post it here.........

"I hear the same thing all over the net. You know I can totally understand different people with different temperaments and perspectives, but it seems there's always some schmoe with the sensitivity of an anvil insisting that because he sees no benefit to manners and consideration, there aren't any.

Their 'wisdom' is really nothing more than simple hypocrisy. They don't like thoughtful and considerate people imposing their way of thinking on others - and by God they are going to make you think their way if it's the last thing they do!

It's the same presumption of authority, the same self-applauding scorn of others - only for real."

georgek

Post by georgek » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:07 pm

spiritalk wrote:When someone sets themselves up as the ultimate authority, there is just so much hype anyone take.......

I found this response on another thread and just had to post it here.........

"I hear the same thing all over the net. You know I can totally understand different people with different temperaments and perspectives, but it seems there's always some schmoe with the sensitivity of an anvil insisting that because he sees no benefit to manners and consideration, there aren't any.

Their 'wisdom' is really nothing more than simple hypocrisy. They don't like thoughtful and considerate people imposing their way of thinking on others - and by God they are going to make you think their way if it's the last thing they do!

It's the same presumption of authority, the same self-applauding scorn of others - only for real."
Sorry you lose spiritalk,

As you seem to have found something that makes you inferior.
Talking is no anvil, only the forums that ban those who speak their truth.

Think great that you are allowed to talk, as I cannot from the iron fist of aggression.

You do not need me to be your threat, as there are many more like you...not to worry about a loser like myself.

I am just the thorn in your side, that reminds you of yourself. The mirror that is turned towards those you can find comfort with.

The only impact I make, is by my voice and opinions as indeed it is great.

Your fear is unfounded, as it is not me that bothers you.

Regards George

georgek

Hype?

Post by georgek » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:25 pm

Now this is a word that I do find offensive....
Hype when I cannot do what I say....not when I can

My facts scatter the internet, but all I hear here is about politeness.'

I hear about this 'love' that applies to those who shut their mouths and breath when they are spoken to.

Perhaps the gentleman in question will now understand the differnce between revenge and retalliation...for it is him who is attacking me and following me from post to post.

Not that I mind...but situations are not built on truth, but how many people support someone else.

He's gang hunting, does not bother me. I lose anyway...but my truth cannot die...for it lives.

Mr mysticvirgo does not require saving from spiritalk, after I answered his post, based  on my opinion. He is quite capable of answering for himself. Giving my view is not attacking because I put my points forward.
Yet  an vindictive character reference  is not what this topic is all about, as I am not here to answer questions about myself...only defend if need be .

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:19 pm

Your right George - I have no fear of you or anyone.  I don't need agreement.  But polite conversation gets you further with your thoughts and ideas than any aggressive behaviour (which you constantly display).  You are not my enemy - no one is.  I have no enemies.  I have only friends yet to meet.  Be well and prosper.  

The point is.....you can not prosper with aggression.  Wake up and smell the coffee!  Just think of what you could ontribute with your active mind and psche!  If only someone would listen.

georgek

Post by georgek » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:22 pm

spiritalk wrote:Your right George - I have no fear of you or anyone.  I don't need agreement.  But polite conversation gets you further with your thoughts and ideas than any aggressive behaviour (which you constantly display).  You are not my enemy - no one is.  I have no enemies.  I have only friends yet to meet.  Be well and prosper.  

The point is.....you can not prosper with aggression.  Wake up and smell the coffee!  Just think of what you could ontribute with your active mind and psche!  If only someone would listen.
But I do not have agression...I just say what I believe.
I have neither hit, hurt or inflicted harm which is not already there.

Getting people to love and like me, is not my persona that is being debated, as you want to make it the subject.

I do not want to prosper...as I leave that to you and those who have reason to...lol

People like myself do not prosper. If I wanted to prosper I would make the most out of my learning

I am what you may call the failure in the system, the one that people feel sorry and offer me therapy for what illness they bestow as being my downfall. The obliterated nail of truth...that forever infuriates god loving people like yourself who show to others how you care.

Others who have the inherited blindness are there to help me. 'I am The Fool on the Hill'  who deserves no more

I don't want people to agree with me for politeness. Crikey...have you people not crucified enough  and politely remember them?

The churches are full of polite people who follow punctually for politeness.

Of course I am not your enemy...as it is yourself you need to worry about.

The trouble is that I could not find the politeness to express it better.

But there again, I do not mix my words or care about what sweetners people take. If people are blinded, so that they cannot see...there is no amount of politeness that is going to open their eyes. Or by politely stroking their hair.

I leave the comfort to you, as you seem to have a way with sickness. I just speak...

As it is not my mouth that be your problem but the EYES.

George

mysticvirgo

However, there is one thing worse than not seeing ..

Post by mysticvirgo » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:12 am

... clearly adn that is seeing with far to much clarity and unable to get to anyone to do anything about it
mysticvirgo67.blog.com/2010/01/30/you-wish/

So all we can do is sit back and watch, in horror as the trains collide?

georgek

Re: However, there is one thing worse than not seeing ..

Post by georgek » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:45 am

mysticvirgo wrote:... clearly adn that is seeing with far to much clarity and unable to get to anyone to do anything about it
mysticvirgo67.blog.com/2010/01/30/you-wish/

So all we can do is sit back and watch, in horror as the trains collide?
I think you are incorrect there mystivirgo.

My mum kept having a re-occuring dream about her work bus slamming the breaks at a certain spot.

A voice in her dream, told her to hold on tight to the bus rail at this certain spot.

On the way to work, she told her friend about the dream and just when she was approaching the exact spot in her dream, her friend said:-

"okay...it's only a dream, but let's just hold tight just in case."

At that exact moment, a cyclist rode in front of the bus and and the driver slammed his foot hard on the brake causing everyone to scream hysterically and people got thrown forward.

If they had not been holding tight, they would have been hurt. This is the very first time a near miss accident had happened in all her twenty years of being driven to work.

So people can see things happen and take the safety precautions. My mum did.

I am not sure if this is exactly what you were referring...as I need to check  your exact wording. So forgive me, if I misread .

If something is very close to impact, then indeed all we can do is look in horror being unable to do anything.

George

Unfallen

Post by Unfallen » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:22 am

A few of my friends who are particularly empathetic always get a very somber, strickened feeling before disasters like this happened.  There is honestly not much you can do for several reasons.  One reason is because despite how many people in the psychic industry there are they rarely network and are VERY competitive.  At that, there are so many wannabes trying to make a big prediction they can use to live off of into success that everyday bogus predictions come out about this sort of thing.  The best advice I have to get to you is don't let the guilt keep you from doing you work because there's still a lot of work that needs to be done and the most important thing we can do is teach others.

georgek

Post by georgek » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:07 pm

A few of my friends who are particularly empathetic always get a very somber, strickened feeling before disasters like this happened.  There is honestly not much you can do for several reasons.  One reason is because despite how many people in the psychic industry there are they rarely network and are VERY competitive.  At that, there are so many wannabes trying to make a big prediction they can use to live off of into success that everyday bogus predictions come out about this sort of thing.  The best advice I have to get to you is don't let the guilt keep you from doing you work because there's still a lot of work that needs to be done and the most important thing we can do is teach others.
I agree with that remark.

What makes it worse, is when the tricksters move into this type of work, just to make money.

People have been tricked, including myself on a ghost hunt. I had one guy fool an entire audiance. They all went away believing that spirits were communicating through an old Victorian spirit bell.

Return to “General Discussion”