Terimaree's Mystic Rectangle

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

morton tolson

Terimaree's Mystic Rectangle

Post by morton tolson » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:56 am

Reading for Terri, part One (04/08/1972 -- solar chart)

First, a question: are you a female?

Since you do not know your birth time, I erected a solar chart for you, which means we do not know your rising sign, your house positions, or the exact position of your Moon, but all else should be accurate within less than a degree. There is a high likelihood that your Moon is in Aquarius. (1)

I will include some technical references as we go along, but if you are a newbie to astrology, don’t worry about these details.

Your Sun, of course, is in Aries – but your chart contains both an X-cross and a Mystic Rectangle (2), so I will concentrate on providing a Spiritual Interpretation for your chart. I believe we are here to evolve as human beings, and to be conscious partners with life, as well as conscious lovers of the planet that both nourishes us and supports us. An X-cross represents a person who likes challenges and is driven to attract same (what better way to learn?). There is always some fixed purpose behind the actions of these natives, and when you discover what you are here to accomplish, it will be very difficult to stop you. . .
Your Sun (3) is in Aries, so initiates each new spring time. So we know you are courageous, driven and impulsive. More to the point, and particularly for this reading, in Aries you are on a journey of self-discovery and self-identification, and –if you really think about this, that means you are here to FORM a new self or selfhood, capable of expressing your powers and potential.

The Mystic Rectangle is fairly rare because the orbs for the sextiles are tighter than for squares, oppositions, and trines. All of which is to say: you ARE an unusual individual, and one having great powers of synthesis and integration. You will, in your drives to succeed, create both enemies and opposition. Eventually, however, you will formulate a self or selfhood that can accomplish all of your goals; one which will get others to cooperate instead of opposing you.

And since you have already enjoyed your first Saturn return, I would guess that you now have a pretty mature idea of who you are not – but are still working on the whom you are. I will do what I can to point you toward some ways to discover the latter.

First, if you can borrow either the Rider Tarot deck or that by the B.O.T.A., the Emperor (Key 4) represents your Sun Sign, Aries. The sense of SIGHT is attributed to this Key, which symbolizes your ability to ENVISION the outcome of your actions. What a gift, and this is fully supported by the fact that your Venus (creative imagination and love) is sextile to Mercury (your ability to think clearly). Further, Venus is opposite to Neptune – which lifts your creativity to a higher realm – the realm of universals, where you can SEE which actions work for the greater good.

The opposition represents a very intense energization of these two functions, and will nag at you all your life – bringing you challenges until you succeed in discovering your reason for being here and then ACTUALIZE who you are in manifested results.

Similarly, Saturn and Mars are conjunct Venus so you can focus (Saturn) the reproductive and ‘germination’ energy of Mars to any task on which you set your sights. (4)

morton tolson

terrimarees chart -- part two

Post by morton tolson » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:59 am

Reading for Terri, part TWO

The other leg (opposition) is between Mercury (your mind, in Aries) and Pluto in Libra. You have the gift of actually seeing into the energy behind forms -- but probably won’t realize this until later in life. Pluto represents transformation and renewal and rebirth. Libra involves social consciousness and relationships, and Pluto was in Libra from 1972 until 1984 –effecting an entire generation, your generation. At that time, under the impact of the great changes following WWII, people were getting divorced, or living openly together without being married (unheard of for the older generation). And when your generation comes to power (like now or very soon), YOU ALL will bring about even greater changes in social consciousness and in relationships.

So, the opposition of Mercury to Pluto means you can see the need for changes as they arise, and eventually will discover ways of harmonizing the conflicts that arise.

Finally (on the subject of Aries), this path on the Tree of Life represents the ‘Constituting Intelligence’. You have the ability to see that if you do not write your own constitution, others (politicians or hucksters) will write it for you. The ‘Constitution’ you write is NOT who you are, but the code you choose to live by will obviously determine the quality of your life.

I would assume that your Moon is in Aquarius, since Uranus (its ruler) is in opposition to your Sun.

The Great Work of Alchemy is the ‘formation of Man (male and female) – which constitutes the full liberation or manifestation of ‘Man’s real powers. This translates into What moderns would call ‘the highest expression of self-hood’. What does it mean to become WHO you really are? That is for you to answer.

In terms of astrology this is the marriage or conjunction of the Sun and the Moon, because while the Sun (in Aries) expresses the thrust for discovering self-ness, the Moon however represents our subconscious or instinctual side. These are our habitual responses (learned in family or in school), and these CONNECT us in a meaningful way to others. This side does not come into conscious awareness unless we achieve an inner conjunction. So if there are patterns of anger and resentment and etc. … such will obviously hold a person back from real growth. There cannot be overall harmony and efficiency if the 'whole' contains anger, hurt and resentment.

Since your Moon is in Aquarius, you should find it easier to expand the early family circle into the larger circle of the brotherhood and sisterhood of all humanity. In other words – large social goals come naturally to you.

Blessings

Shantana

Notes:
(1) A solar chart is erected for the noon positions of the planets, and your Moon was at 10 degrees of Aquarius at noon. And since it only travels 13 degrees each day, there is a great likelihood that your Moon is in Aquarius.

(2). One end of one leg of your X-cross is formed by Saturn, Venus and Mars, all conjunct in Gemini; the other end is Neptune in Sagittarius. The other leg is between Mercury and Pluto. The Mystic Rectangle is formed then closing the ends of the Cross with sextiles (60 deg) and the sides by trines (120 deg).

(3) The Sun in mundane astrology is sometimes thought of as the source of our vitality and being. But since we are discussing a symbol on a chart, it actually represents the principle of synthesis and integration – how we pull all the parts of our act together.
(4) Saturn and Mars always work well together, since Saturn (as we know) rules Capricorn and Mars is exalted in that sign. So they are natural bed partners … and speaking of bed partners, Mars conjunct Venus in your chart is one ‘hot’ combination,. Saturn is the principle of limitation and discrimination. Mundane astrology too often treats it as a disease; in fact, it enables you to NOT waste time on unprofitable emotions or actions.
(5) .

terrimaree

some answers and questions of my own

Post by terrimaree » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:52 am

Answers
1. Yes, I am female
2. I found my birth time. It was 8:39 p.m.

I must say. I really don't understand anything about the X-cross and the Mystic Rectangle...or much else associated with astrology other than the different star formations I have seen in charts to represent the twelve. I am a newbie to astrology.

Questions of my own
1. What does this mean that you said in my reading?
"You have the gift of actually seeing into the energy behind forms"

Thanks so much! Terri

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:14 am

wonderful job morton tolson. I am simply amazed by you :)

morton tolson

Dear Terri --

Post by morton tolson » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:00 am

First, Albhishek, thank you for your kind remarks.

And Terri --

I didn’t realize you were a ‘complete’ newbie to astrology! And assuming you at least had a little familiarity, I addressed my reading to a 'Spiritual' interrpetation of your X-cross and your Mystic Rectangle.

I think a regular reading would be of more interest to you, and if no one at this site is willing to oblige, you might try another site. There are literally hundreds of them around, and some have student astrologers anxious to get some practice.

You may be unaware of your potential and how far you can go with your life. So, try to remember that there is SO MUCH you can make of yourself. .

About ‘seeing energy’; this is something that only happens in advanced meditation. With Mercury at one corner of your mystic rectangle, and in opposition to Pluto -- at the other corner, and IF you seriously take up the study of meditation, then someday you will probably discover you can actually do this.

Best of luck.

Shantana

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:52 am

Yea, i agree with Shantana about... "unaware of your potential", your handwriting shows intutive to say the least. now all you start to do is start trusting them also.

Abhishek

terrimaree

Re: Dear Terri --

Post by terrimaree » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:35 pm

morton tolson wrote: I didn’t realize you were a ‘complete’ newbie to astrology! And assuming you at least had a little familiarity, I addressed my reading to a 'Spiritual' interrpetation of your X-cross and your Mystic Rectangle.
That's fine, since it is really interesting what you said in the spiritual interpretation. I don't think I might have heard about "seeing energy" otherwise and that is definitely interesting. I want to know more!
morton tolson wrote: I think a regular reading would be of more interest to you, and if no one at this site is willing to oblige, you might try another site. There are literally hundreds of them around, and some have student astrologers anxious to get some practice.
A regular reading would be great. I'm taking it that you want to give someone else a shot at that?
morton tolson wrote: About ‘seeing energy’; this is something that only happens in advanced meditation.
... and IF you seriously take up the study of meditation, then someday you will probably discover you can actually do this.
Can you explain to me a little bit of exactly what 'seeing energy' means before I go into learning meditation right away. Is this at all related to 'psychic' at all and what does it mean. (I have some interesting thoughts about some things later on that I may share about my grandma...maybe these apply some to the 'seeing energy'??

Question for you Shantana and Abhishek
Have you ever heard of personology? It's where measurements are taken from different physical traits of a person such as eyes, hairs, forehead (slope), arms, back...facial features and others.

Anyway, my grandmother does this. I pulled out the last chart done for me which was many years ago. (She said about every 7 years or so is about as often as you would want to re-measure and I'm long past that). Here's the part that gets me. I'm looking through the section with Special Traits and Special Talents It has Psychic listed as a 6. I don't know what that number on the scale means...but apparently it wouldn't even be listed here at all if that wasn't something a bit unusual since it's typed in rather than on the regular charts. Also, Abhishek, I thought you would like this. In the Key Traits to Direct it has Physical Motive (Lo) listed!! I thought wow...handwriting and my reading, pointing at these a bit!

This has all been fun! :)

Sorry it's been a while since I've gotten back to the boards. I was so tired yesterday and worked on the house some and when I got on the computer my internet was not working. :( Bummer.

terrimaree

About Mystic Rectangle?

Post by terrimaree » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:19 pm

Shantana, I found where I could get a free birthchart online. I think most of it applies pretty well but I'm not sure if I got the time quite right. I entered the time but didn't know what number to put in for the offset for time zone so I left it at 0.

Anyway, I took a screet shot of the chart and I'm wondering if you can point me out to where the mystic rectangle I have is at? I've read through #2 of your notes section in the reading but just don't quite see it. Maybe this picture I'm looking at is throwing me off or something? Maybe you could capture this and throw in some other color to show me where it's at?

Also, could you explain to me a bit of what the stair-step table/chart is all about? I don't see the symbols listed in a legend so don't understand that either.

Thanks, Terri

morton tolson

Yes -- you are psychic and ...

Post by morton tolson » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:45 am

Dear Terri --

I am most happy that you are waking up to your true potential.

The chart looks right to me, and the little table identifies each symbol with a planet. The step-table is explained in elementary books on astrology.

If you look at your chart you will see the symbols for Mars and Venus near the top, and green lines drawn to the symbol for Mercury.

Then a blue line is drawn from Mars and Venus to the symbol for Pluto.

Finally, another blue line is drawn from Mercury to Neptune.

NOW, if you draw a green line from Pluto to Neptune, you have completed the Mystic Rectangle.

The actual orb is a little over 4 degrees, and the chart-machine you used did not (apparently) consider any sextile that was greater than three degrees.

But I am a free soul, and write my own rules (Dharma). Obviously, YOU do have a mystic rectangle!

In a few days I will try a post on 'seeing energy'. But I fear it WILL be rather metaphysical unless I can find some way to bring it down to earth.

shantana

terrimaree

metaphysical

Post by terrimaree » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:35 am

Metaphysical is fine. I think I know what you mean. I've heard Wayne Dyer (I think that's right) on some tapes and PBS before...he talks about metaphysical too right? Along with being us being "spiritual beings having a mortal experience". I think I will get it if you explain a bit more about seeing energy. At least I hope.

I'm curious if this has anything to do with it as well. As far as I'm concerned, it seems like I am really non-judgemental in many respects. Even though my granpa smoked and my dad drank (a lot) and had some really different and rather odd friends it seems like I am able to look past that and not judge from all the outward but on the real person and what they really want. Is that kind of what you mean?

As far as deep meditataion (laugh...I typed so fast that I typed medication instead of meditation. Wow, that would have brought a new light to 'seeing energy'!!! LOL) Okay, as far as deep meditation and seeing energy you may be talking about something much more?

About my grandma: She seriously no joke can "feel" when there are spirits around. She can tell what kind of feeling they have about them and what they might be hanging around for. This usually has to do with family when this has come up...because someone has had strange experiences or something and she will go alone and try to get some feeling about it. She has felt things in places that are haunted and she has also had children on field trips say "there is a ghost in there". The people working would comment on it that other children earlier had said the same thing. My grandma could only think to herself 'The kids know what they are talking about!" and told us about it later. :) I have had only a small amount of this in my life where I've felt something very good or very bad. Never the less...I've felt things but not seen anything. :) If I did...I might get spooked! haha My mom said that when I was about 2 yrs old and my grandpa had died that one night I told her I wouldn't turn off the light at the bottom of the stairway until she went down because there was a man down there. She couldn't see anything and it freaked her out. She came to determine I had seen my grandpa...but I still to this day don't know if I was messing with her. I remember when I was really young I pulled some things to see if my parents really knew how much I understood as a tiny little kid. I can't remember exactly what I did. Another one that might have been just a prank was me looking all sad one day and moping around. My mom asked me what was wrong and I asked her when I was going to see my other dad. (WHAT!!) She said I only had one dad, which I did and she wasn't re-married. Finally it came out that I missed my dad with the mustach and/or beard. He grew them back and they had me watch him shave it off!! What a hoot. I honestly don't know if those were the types of little things I did to see if they realized what I did and didn't understand but I DO remember that I did a few things to test them out. To this day my mom says I was too young and that I really thought I had two dads....so I don't really know what to think about "seeing" my grandpa after he died since I was even younger at the time when that happened. Just that my mom said she was sure I wouldn't have recognized him if he was a younger and healthier look man because when he died he had been sick for quite a while.

Anyways...just a bit about me huh!
Last edited by terrimaree on Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

terrimaree

Re: Yes -- you are psychic and ...

Post by terrimaree » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:08 am

morton tolson wrote:NOW, if you draw a green line from Pluto to Neptune, you have completed the Mystic Rectangle.

The actual orb is a little over 4 degrees, and the chart-machine you used did not (apparently) consider any sextile that was greater than three degrees.
So is the orb you are talking about the difference between Mars and Venus being so close?....and if these were not near so close then I would not have a mystic rectangle?

morton tolson

orb between Pluto and Neptune

Post by morton tolson » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:07 pm

No --

Mars and Venus are conjunct and their sextiles to Mercury form one end of the Mystic Rectangle. And a sextile is roughly 60 degrees, plus or minus 3 degrees.

At the other end, the sextile between Pluto and Neptune closes the Mystic Rectangle, and (roughly) this sextile is 60 degrees and actually is plus or minus 4 and a fraction degrees.

But different computer programs use different 'orbs' .... so the 'rule' is not blasted in stone (as were the ten commandments), -- or at least not in my opinion.

s --

morton tolson

Memories and Mystic Rectangles

Post by morton tolson » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:16 am

Hi --

Those are great memories, of seeing ghosts. I believe that many young children share your experience. Apparently there is some sort of 'door' to another world which remains open while we are still young.

Then the mind takes over and shuts it down!

While surfing on Google, I looked under MYSTIC RECTANGLE, and found quite a few discusssions that might interest you, or round out what I had to say.

Also, there is one site you might find useful at www.astro-horoscope.com. It shows diagrams of the mystic rectangle and other basic patterns.

shantana

terrimaree

Morton,

Post by terrimaree » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:20 pm

Still wondering what you meant exactly about seeing energy with meditating. I will have to look at info on the Mystic Rectangle by searching like you mentioned and take a look at the link.

Thanks!

Return to “General Discussion”