Causes of a War??

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sunmystic

Re: Each generation (20, 30, 40, 50, etc.)

Post by sunmystic » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:25 am

spiritalk wrote:has its own focus and/or purpose.  i.e. in our 20s our material life energy is calling us to set a tone and focus for our pursuits of careers and relationships.  In the 30s we entrench as solid thoughts our ideals and ideas (spiritually, morally, ethically) and there is no room for input.  By the 40s we are more open to accomplishments...fresh starts in careers, spirituality, etc.  

These have been identified in Psychology and are used in career tests, etc.  So when religions and/or spirituality was refocusing in the 40s, it was perhaps from a more stable thinking age of thinking and growing.
Eek :) ! Our Spirit Talk was a player in the past!

love you!

sunmystic

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:30 am

swetha wrote:so right.. now we speak about rainbow children and spirits.. a few years ago..thiswud have all been thought to be tales told by people who have nothing better to do in life!
The gift of Mystic Board is that these things can now be spoken about by folks that are mainstream :) ! Wecome to two thousand and ten :) (2010).

love you and happy new year!

sunmystic

georgek

Re: Causes of a War??

Post by georgek » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:13 am

swetha wrote:what do u think are the main reasons for a war to occur???
i think one main reason is : WOMEN :smt003
GREED.

Man and woman....push-pull...yin and yan = balance

Why one needs the other?

That is the answer.

We pray to God for the love of our country...as our enemy use the same god.

Yet our god is not their god although god is god.

That  is the moral  excuse to fight..... for god and country.

Or should that be for man's own greed?

mysticvirgo

War?

Post by mysticvirgo » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:32 pm

War is the exchange of lives for territory.  Sometimes it is for the resources, sometimes for a security "buffer" sometimes just politicial posturing, sometimes is for idealogical reasons.   These are all on the mundane sphere of existance.  on the 'divine' level, well, that is best discussed in the philosophy forums, eh?

georgek

Re: War?

Post by georgek » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:20 am

mysticvirgo wrote:War is the exchange of lives for territory.  Sometimes it is for the resources, sometimes for a security "buffer" sometimes just politicial posturing, sometimes is for idealogical reasons.   These are all on the mundane sphere of existance.  on the 'divine' level, well, that is best discussed in the philosophy forums, eh?
Whatever the case, I find it most strange how those who go to war glorify it.

Each kills for God and his country and does it in what he belives is divine.

Yet if a small country retaliates, they are called 'terrorists'

The soldiers that kill are called loyalists, whilst the opposition are called murderers.

Yet each dies for what they believe, despite being right or wrong. To say that a wrong army is right, is to be a hate cleric...but to say that the the other is justified is patriotic???

I am meant to be crazy......as that suits me fine!

For who am I to disagree with death?

George

Fionn Blackdove

Post by Fionn Blackdove » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:43 am

Fear, greed, ego and stupidity. I'm pretty sure those are the big ones. While there are various circumstances that surround these things, these seem to be the four constants...

DefiantPagan

Post by DefiantPagan » Mon May 03, 2010 10:11 pm

Religion is a cause.

Notwithstanding that it is a form of power and superiority, organized religion has taken form in many occasions as a vicious beast, causing calamity and leaving destruction in its wake, all in the name of a higher power.

All in the name of intolerance, and of greed, and of domination, and of outright religious 'cleansing.

War serves only those who are willing to destroy in order to create.

Religion in, and of, itself teaches people that they mus live a certain way.  So long as there are two or more religions, with differing beliefs, war in the name of the divine is possible, albeit not the most likely result.

KMCopeland

Post by KMCopeland » Sun May 09, 2010 8:40 pm

More wars have been fought over religion than anything else.  Kind of a paradox, right?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon May 10, 2010 2:22 pm

Did religions cause the wars?  Or was there some other social, political or economic reasons going on that religion merely focused?

After the aggression starts religions can often get blamed as inciting to violence.  Religions for the most part are about love not war.  And yet the minds of the congregants get so confused they fight for what they think is their religions purpose.

Dionysus

Post by Dionysus » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:14 am

Religions are about love? Think about it again, spiritalk: is the Jihadd abut love? Was the catholic inquisition about love? Unless you talk about buddhism and hinduism, you can't actually talk about love. And these I do not consider religions, but spiritual practices. Religions have nothing spiritual in them.

So yeah, religions cause most wars. There would be other reasons such as economical dominance and ego. There is no honour in fighting a war. It is just a senseless massacre, in which there can be only death.
What was that about women? There's no reason why someone would start a war for someone with a pair of breasts and a female reproduction system. Women have the absolute same importance as men, so that theory has no sense. :P

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:11 pm

Actually the literature of Islam is about love.  Just as all religions were founded on love, but perhaps lost their way along time.  

Is it the religion or the church leaders that instigated the inquisition?  The major religions of the world (including Hinduism and Buddhism) have lost their way in following the book or church leaders rather than the love of God.  

When the spirit flows through the religion, it is alive and about love.  I know because that is my religion.

TheUnseenForce

Post by TheUnseenForce » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:33 pm

I need 150 posts to get the free code thing

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:41 am

Religious war is a cover. Propaganda tells us that these people fight over religious differences. More often the cause is conlflict of the necessities of life. Food shortages, water shortages... cause conflict over areas which are fertile or have clean water. The general masses only ever enter war because of their own fear for their livelihoods. This why a major depression was staged just before world war 2. There were job shortages and partaking in the war was a source of work.

The catch 22 here is that the more energy going into war and all things related to hostility means less energy going into abundance, and more things squandering abundance.  So people in such a find set find more reasons for war/hostility the more that partake in it.

The other motivator for war is the love of power. Jimi Hendirx put it best when he said "when the power of love over comes the love of power the world will know peace.

Sorry if I'm repeating anything I just can't be bothered reading 8 pages of this thread right now.

saikikudh

Post by saikikudh » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:52 pm

I dont think the main reason for war are Women.

I think greed and lust be the biggest cause of war.

Women play a part of the greed and lust, but the main reason isn't that.
The first problem is greed thus being superior to another.

greed, lust, women, revenge, etc
everything is connected to another. so they all play a role in the wars i guess.

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:56 pm

Sex and fear.

Fear covers all the wars fought for survival. If the choice lies between you and your family dying, or killing someone else for their food, desperation wins.

Sex covers all the wars fought for power. Wealth, status, authority, etc. are just a means to getting laid.

Hail Eris!

Return to “General Discussion”