Time speeding up!

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:05 am

Better systems for time keeping already exist, and were in use before the Gregorian calender. At some stage an inferior time system was pushed into the main stream, and it serve's to further separate us for nature. The simplest example I can give for this is with day light. Now before you come back with this as a rebuttal I will mention that is it perfectly possible to base a system of time around the the cycles of sun light caused by the earths rotation, even though the days are longer in summer then in winter. This is done by fractions, which are centered around the day light, and night time. A fraction gives you perspective on how much light or dark there is.

The benefit of this is we see its dark and we associate that with it as a measure of time. With the current system we see it's 6 o clock in winter and compare this to 6 in summer and this influences our thinking of how much activity to expect or create. Naturally we need more rest in winter, and more activity in summer. Also naturally dark is rest time , and light is activity time, but our thinking instead of being influenced by this is effected by an arbitrary system, and our tuning in capacity is occupied tuning into an artificial system rather then a natural system.

And so we have people up when their body needs rest because they are listening to an external clock and not their biological clock, and lacking the rejuvenation and creative insight that comes with having enough rest.

Are you familiar with the word succinct?

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:31 am

As an absolute last post.....

Everything you say is ok...it is your opinions....you own them......but they are yours...you can't use them as communication between people.....and IF you should be able to come up with a system...what do it change?

Will we live longer?
Will we work in shorter time?
Will we get more time to our family?
Will it be longer light...or will it be darker?

So bottom line is....in order for you to use it...you have to define it....since we have a system today...you need to define a changing factor...and you have to explain why.

When someone today buy a 2,3 meters log to use, I don't think they evaluate what this is in compare to anything in space..but they neither want a log on 2,10 or 1,90....when we talk about 1 hour...I don't think anyone think what this is compare to earths movement or speed of light and so on.

If we normally live for 80 years with our way to define hours....and live for 250 years with your way to define hours....what do it really change?? just a name and a number...

Try to read this thing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Measurement
and don't only throw it away, as something some strange people did in ancient time, and who did not know better .....it does not matter....today it is the system we use to communicate........and nothing more..- for most people!

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:47 pm

You clearly missed my point, you make long posts, and you repeat your self.

You have a very derogatory way of referring to ancient civilizations which I find disrespectful and insulting , and you have some misplaced pride or ego invested in modern progress.

Did I say anything about tape measures, or do you just like drawing out your point? I am putting our systems of time to fault not our building measurements. Although I hear in Japan the carpenters don't measure, they just cut the wood and it fits perfectly. Somehow the intuition can be developed if it is not subject to the cancer of the logical domination.

Sure a timer is good for cooking, but I make lots of bread and I never use a timer. Most of the time I don't even look at the clock, I just remain conscious of the bread making process and this works.

I was hitch hiking once and my ride told me this story of when he was in a small Hispanic country in a desert where the natives lived with just barely enough to get by and while enjoying them selves.

One time one of the natives asked him what are these strange thing's you gringos where on your wrist?
He replied, while its a watch it talks to me. It tells me when to get up in the morning, when to go to work, when to eat, when to go home, and when to rest.
The native replied that's ridiculous. You don't need that. Just get up in the morning with the sun, and go to work. Eat when you hungry, and when your tired at the end of the day go home and rest.

The native also asked him why they were always using these bizarre locks, and mentioned that they do not use locks they just have a culture of integrity. If you borrow something bring it back and so on.

It's rather funny how in a society where we have so many systems for time management and for property protection we end up with so many problems in those areas. While in cultures where they lack external devices of time management and theft reduction their internal world compensates and they have integrity. That is their society is based around not stealing, not being lazy, and not being greedy.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:41 pm

The ancient wisdom was also tested by marauding riders from other villages.  No everyone is always on board with the same integrity.

jojojo

Post by jojojo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:19 pm

Aegeus wrote:Better systems for time keeping already exist, and were in use before the Gregorian calender. At some stage an inferior time system was pushed into the main stream, and it serve's to further separate us for nature. The simplest example I can give for this is with day light. Now before you come back with this as a rebuttal I will mention that is it perfectly possible to base a system of time around the the cycles of sun light caused by the earths rotation, even though the days are longer in summer then in winter. This is done by fractions, which are centered around the day light, and night time. A fraction gives you perspective on how much light or dark there is.

How can a perspective be a better system, then a fixed one?

The benefit of this is we see its dark and we associate that with it as a measure of time. With the current system we see it's 6 o clock in winter and compare this to 6 in summer and this influences our thinking of how much activity to expect or create. Naturally we need more rest in winter, and more activity in summer. Also naturally dark is rest time , and light is activity time, but our thinking instead of being influenced by this is effected by an arbitrary system, and our tuning in capacity is occupied tuning into an artificial system rather then a natural system.

Maybe you are born 1000 years to late?....is it not individual how we feel our activity strength is...do it not change from day to day...and not only from season to season..but from sun to rain...from cold to warm.....is the time something that flow in the wind? Can we catch it? Do we all live in the countryside, and produce what we shall eat, and own nothing?

And so we have people up when their body needs rest because they are listening to an external clock and not their biological clock, and lacking the rejuvenation and creative insight that comes with having enough rest.

Aren't we all different, sometimes are we sick..some are weak...some have a great strength..some love to complain..other work to they fall..do time go different for us all, after how we feel?, how shall we cope in a modern world?

My calender show 2010....yours might still be on 10...this is what one might call romantic dreams about times long gone...which was harder then, then now.

nighthawk

Post by nighthawk » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:18 pm

I have to stand by what I said, Time is relative. See Einstein. <shrug> Better brains than mine have explained this phenomenon in depth.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:46 am

nighthawk wrote:I have to stand by what I said, Time is relative. See Einstein. <shrug> Better brains than mine have explained this phenomenon in depth.
Agree....and I think I stated the same here......in a way ...
Rhutobello wrote:
Time....or any other measurement...aren't necessarily "laws of Nature", they are something that are defined out from something all could agree upon when they was made. It is MAN made...not given in scriptures or by revelation.

When we look upon time, then we see it different then one who's lifespan is many hundred years...or something that live for seconds....time as we know it is ours.....time in another Galaxy might be quiet different.....and if we assume "God" in the  middle of it all, a day in its life might be millions in ours....so time is just something defined for us, to have something to compare with, and it is only valid for us who use that sort of definition...
So Yes...time is very relative, it's feeling is different from person to person, from situation to situation, from lifespan to lifespan (in meaning species)

But this is for more philosophic way to see time....when we ordinary Humans talk about time, then we have a fix system...which gives us a fix result every time we use it, regardless of of our own situation, weather or personal opinions :)

But let me rush to add....it might still be remote tribes of humans that never have heard our way to see the clock or time.....they will of course have their own way to see thing.....and it is shown by them coming to "developed societies" and the authority have then a hard time to establish their birth..or age....but I don't think the Native gain or loose any of their "real lifetime" in the process, even if the calculation should prove wrong.

nighthawk

Post by nighthawk » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:29 pm

yes, we do agree! :)
There is even more to it than that as well. Time is not linear-- it is like gravity. HOWEVER we as humans experience time in a linear fashion. This explains quite a bit of deja vu, precognition and such. We are tapping into the vibrations of time.
Quantum machanics is really on the edge of our understanding about these things. they find effects coming before causes and many other facinating things. Science will eventually explain so many things we now call paranormal. Someone once said that "Any technology, suffiently advanced, appears to be magic." &nbsp;Take that same tribesperson, and try to show them the internet and explain it to them how it works. or air conditioning. We may know how to use it, but do we really understand how and why it works? some people do, of course or we wouldn't have it. But! most of us just know if we flip this switch or click this button that it does. We may not understand exactly why a ritual or spell works, but we know that it does. How can I push a button and have my voice heard across the globe, instantly? one or two hundred years ago this was impossible, heretical, insanity! now we think nothing of it. &nbsp;How much more will we be able to understand and know how to use in the future? Wonderful to think about! However, my alarm clock still goes off at the same time in the mornings, whatever I think about the nature of time. lol

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:52 am

Your alarm clock goes off at the same time just as much as the ground beneath your house is in the same place. maybe 10 000 years ago it used to be a mountain, maybe in 10 years it will be a few inches closer to Sweden.

In the human experience land is mostly solid and stable, but in reality it is constantly moving and shifting. Time is no different.

Dionysus

Re: Time speeding up!

Post by Dionysus » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:46 am

Rhutobello wrote: As for feeling the speed of time.
This goes on our feelings, and start to be noticeable i adult age. It is personal, not fixed, and are different according to our own situation, and how we see it.
When I was little, time went by too slow. Years seemed to have frozen and time stopped advancing... and now, when I look back in time, I see how fast (almost) 18 years have passed. I am in holiday for almost a month and I didn't even notice. Time is relative, as Einstein said. It is up to the person, not the universe.
Also, here is a quote from a song I like: "We cannot kill the time, it's the time that kills us."

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:58 am

"don't waste time, or time will waste you"

another lyric

Return to “General Discussion”