The message behind the movie "Avatar"

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Mysticandrogyne89

The message behind the movie "Avatar"

Post by Mysticandrogyne89 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:43 pm

I was absolutely mind-blown by the movie last night. The message of a peaceful balance with nature and all living beings as part of a neural network of sorts was beyond touching, and it really meshed well with my own beliefs.
The allusion to the conquistador/colonialist theme threatening the lives of the indigenous/primitive peoples of Pandora really hit home.

And I think that in my experience, this skillfully put together piece of cinematography reminds us what is important in our lives and our world. How often do we stop to think about the marvel that is life... that is our planet?
How often do we thank the trees for the fruits we are given?

just a thought.

-P.S:
Watch the movie  ^^

happyme

Post by happyme » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:12 am

I have really been wanting to watch that movie. Thanks for the thumbs up!

Chan525

I agree 100%

Post by Chan525 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:03 am

Avatar was so spiritual and brought back the memories of fern gully once again. I loved the way it was filmed and 3D is the way to see it. It was 3 hours long and it didnt feel like more than 1 hour, I love it when I am sucked in so much like that. For me the movie was more an experience than entertainment, I actually felt as though I was going on a ride through a mystical land, everything was spot on and worth every moment and penny!

misty sur

Post by misty sur » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:32 am

i think the message behind that movie was love.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:06 pm

The love of life of all living things.  Avatar was showing the natural progression of abusing the natural law for our own ends.  In the end our greed and avarice will kill what is the natural progression of life on earth.

rleeq

Post by rleeq » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:41 pm

I have watched Avatar maybe 5 or 6 times now and the message to me is the Connectedness Of All Life. It also points to the disconnectedness that corporations reveal in their exploitation of resources extant.

Return to “General Discussion”