66%
We never fall in love
13%
Love? what's that ??!?
22%

Total votes: 32

akashasmiles

Post by akashasmiles » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:32 pm

We fall in love because we inherently don't want to be alone. We need someone to share our lives and loves with and therefore we fall in love with people who are similar to us.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:29 pm

Opposites attract as well.

misty sur

Post by misty sur » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:11 am

it just happens...can't be explained.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:59 pm

the next important question... is how many actually "remain" in love :))

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:17 pm

it is none of those mentioned in the poll

LOVE IS INBORN, BORN IN THE WOMB OF THE MOTHER, GIVEN BY GOD

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:50 pm

Yes I agree with Govardhan   now. He  has defined Love to some extent . Let me define it in depth now.  

Love is Unconditional

Love is Ocean

Love is Perennial

Love is Divine.

Love is Eternal.

To me Love is God, God is Love. So there is  Eternity .

E - Extreme

T-  Tenure-less

E- Ever lasting

R- Relentless

N- Never ending

A- Anticipatory

L- Long Lasting.

Love is Eternal. It starts from Womb and ends in tomb U all can say . Or  in other way u can call it ,  as cradle to   grave.Relaltionship.  To me Love is Sacred  It is always Divine.It never ends. Love  connects souls,and not body.   So it is transcendental . Soul 's  journey never ends, Love has  no end.and so it is Eternal. Love is Pure. I think I posted something which has  some meaning.and relevance to the topic header.  

Lots of Love,

Krishnakumar M R

Post by Krishnakumar M R » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:36 pm

Love......... What do we mean exactly ?

The word love got different dimension....

Parents love, brothers love, sisters love, friends love, girl friends love etc....

I afraid no other words except Love got a many dimension in beautiful English...

No one in the world can say they are not in love.... Either they may love to read books (as an interesting one) or play games or watch movies or listening music or enjoying with their family so on and so forth....

But we all should understand one important thing in the life... We all love the material life or a part of material life... According to me, love is beautiful and which does not include material things in real life... One out of is....... Work is worship.... Love your job (job includes not only the job to earn money alone) ... do your duty with full enjoyment.... Its equal to worshiping the God.... If the God is happy, you are happy, I am happy and every one in the world is happy....

So finally to conclude..... "love" it is involved and included in each and every act of us...

Krishna

prasanna

Power of Prayer.

Post by prasanna » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:04 am

We have fallen into this gutter of Family Life. It is out of sheer compassion that the Guru’s lean down to look at us. They tell us, "Oh! Child! You have fallen into this gutter. Let me help you out of it!"

But, what does the man inside say?

He says, "Oh! Swami! You desire to lift me out. But, what if you fall into it while trying to lift me out?"

This is because he is unable to develop faith in the Guru.

The Mahan says, "Don't you think that I value my life? If there were the risk of my falling down, would I offer to lift you up? I have the tapas (Penance) to lift lakhs of such people. Do not worry on that account."

Now, the man in the ditch while believing in the strength of the Mahan (Saint) begins to doubt the strength of the rope that is being thrown down to hold for climbing up.

The Saint says, "Please look at the trademark of the rope! One should fear only a new path. The path that is being shown is Nama Sankirtan (Chanting the Divine Names of Lord) –

"HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE |
HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE"

It is by chanting only this that innumerable Saints in India attained the highest state. This is the path that was followed by many saints like Mirabai, Thiagaraja Swami, Bodendral, etc. Innumerable Panduranga devotees have attained the Lord through Nama japa and Nama kirtan. If I advocate a new path it should instill fear in you. But, innumerable Saints have followed this. Therefore, hold on to it tight."

The man asks further, "Would you ask for fee once I come up?"

The Saint says, "The satisfaction of having helped you out will suffice. I need no other fee other than your coming out of this!"

http://www.namadwaar.org/answers/askquestion.php

This article I saw in my mail box.Morning.  One of my friends has sent to me today and  I am glad  I share this  with U all now. I fell  it can help many who believes  in Power of prayer .

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:08 pm

Dear friends,

Beautiful analyze of the term love here. Yes I agree Love is feeling which is beyond expressions.It cant be described, but it can be experienced. .True love is unconditional. Love takes the shape of many kinds, as love of mother to child, father to daughter, Love towards God, etc.etc.  It cant be defined, and I can say still there is no one to describe the exact meaning of  love. But many confuse always Love means sex. , no not at all. But Love is the basis for existence and survival. , without love there is no life at all.  Shall we define the term LOVE  as  Under ?

L  =  Living

O=    Over and above  

V=  Vital and varied

E =    Emotions.

Dear Fire rose , a good post,  and Spiritalk, thanks for your views, and  do share more. This  is really a wonderful topic to deal  with .

Regards,

prasanna

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... sc&start=0

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:33 pm

Dear friends,

I have posted a very interesting  topic about love, earlier too ......   "True Love."  I wish everyone  must read it  (again)  here. So I Iam giving U  all my link. This I created when I newly joined this board ,  during March  2008. . kindly read it and give your feed backs  please. Thanks .

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... sc&start=0

Lots of Love,

rleeq

Real Love??? True Love???

Post by rleeq » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:18 pm

Real Love??? True Love??? These mean willingness to lay down ones life for another. This is also the meaning of true friendship. Now if you were asking about romantic love...(note the small "l") this is a passing thing and all who suffer from it are doomed to either evolve or die.

I've had one Real True Love in my life but we were young, sh younger than I and she wouldn't marry me. Being wiser than I she consoled me with being her first. I could not live without her though and still be near her so I left and some part of me died. I haven't been in contact with her since though I would still lay down my life for her.

I know this may be a strange request, but her name is Julie Van Brash...I called her Autumn. In those days we lived in Pasadena California. If any one who reads this post knows her or knows of her could you bring this post to her attention. It has been 35...maybe 40 years and I'd dearly like to know how life has treated her.

PixieWitch

Post by PixieWitch » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:21 pm

This might be a silly question, rleeq, but have you tried Peoplefinders or facebook,myspace, etc? If it's meant to be, she will come back into your life. Believe that.

Tat

Post by Tat » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:49 am

why do we fall in love?
hmm
i believe it's because of our ego.
We fall in love because there is a void within us.
we are looking for pleasure (it can be any form of pleasure).
a desire we are not able to fullfil on our own.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:49 am

I guess any action in our life has some "selfish" intent.

Return to “General Discussion”